Crytek is in financial trouble. RYSE development was a disaster

#41billsfanno1Posted 6/22/2014 5:32:55 AM
#36, are you seriously defending NeoGAF? The place that CliffyB said the following about:

"NeoGAF, I'll let you in on a secret. Most of the (hundreds) of developers I know avoid you like the plague and think you're mostly c**ts."
#42TauriLeaderPosted 6/22/2014 6:28:40 AM
billsfanno1 posted...
#36, are you seriously defending NeoGAF? The place that CliffyB said the following about:

"NeoGAF, I'll let you in on a secret. Most of the (hundreds) of developers I know avoid you like the plague and think you're mostly c**ts."

Yet the media use them as valid sources of information. Dualshockers would be gone it it was not for Gaf and twitter.
---
Due to recent economic conditions, and the rising cost of Electricity, Gas and Oil, the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off.
#43DionysusPosted 6/22/2014 6:31:13 AM
billsfanno1 posted...

To be fair, Cliffy B says a lot of stupid ****.

On topic: Does anybody really care? It's just Crytek.
#44ScrubbydudePosted 6/22/2014 6:59:12 AM
Well 2 topics emerged. It is good to know that people are standing up to Neogaf. It is high time people started questioning their credibility and know that as an internet forum, it is subjected to the same pros and cons as other online media. Namely anyone can sign up and lay spin on "news".

CliffyB just scored 2 points in my book for speaking out. I'm behind him.

2nd, sad to hear about Crytek. I thought their first Farcry game was amazing. True that they haven't been making the best of business decisions since then, but I hope their talents with producing astounding open world, beautiful shooters don't go to waste. If they should close shop, here's hoping the employees will find jobs with other studios shortly.
---
Wii U is looking good after E3 2014!
#45dnmtPosted 6/22/2014 7:06:37 AM
billsfanno1 posted...

CliffyB is a big dummy. NeoGAF is the single most solid source of information in video games press.
#46Kupo_Mog_KupoPosted 6/22/2014 7:16:07 AM
Disagreements with MS over the ownership of Ryse's IP could be a red flag for other publishers

Insomniac has been praising MS because of the deal with Sunset Overdrive.
---
http://i.imgur.com/yrlM3sD.gif
#47HitMan0420Posted 6/22/2014 7:24:37 AM
old_school227 posted...
Good, maybe someone will actually use that timesplitters license.

This
#48kakarot-uchihaPosted 6/22/2014 7:57:56 AM
billsfanno1 posted...

well if cliff did say that i will now go read some neogaf stuff. i think i'll start quoting them as well, this instantly gives them much more credibility.

actually, you know i think i'll make a fresh pot of coffee and google cliff b neogaf and lmao for the rest of the morning. i'm laughing already over the crap that guys said, i might not even mow
#49SythisTaruPosted 6/22/2014 8:08:38 AM
Cliffy B make da popular games right!? He so dumb! I hate popular! he such bad developer!
#50schmarkenheimerPosted 6/22/2014 8:13:06 AM
pigboy posted...
BPSatsuki posted...
looks like things are not so rosy between MS and Crytek

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=841907

*Information is from a half dozen independent sources, according to Yerli "dramatized rumors" from disgruntled ex-employees
*Salaries are paid late and leading employees are sending applications to other studios at home and abroad
*Warface doesn't work outside of Russia, other attempts at F2P were unsuccessful
*G-face was a flop
*The development of Ryse was catastrophic: mere months before release, the title was severely behind, only with additional manpower they were able to finish it
*Disagreements with MS over the ownership of Ryse's IP could be a red flag for other publishers
*Adoption of CryEngine not going as planned, word-of-mouth at GDC was negative
*Too many employees, burn-rate too high (3-5 M euro).
*"The vultures are already circling," says a leading representative for a major publisher.
*Big publishers are not interested in buying outright,would rather wait for bankruptcy, sign the talent and shop the IPs.

more info in the link

May be it is a good news for them; they should change from game development to 3D animation production company instead since most of their games looks good but play bad.

UE4 has that. CryEngine's a major pita to work with compared to it and you can get access to UE4's source. $10/month for CE v 19$ for UE4. And (if I'm not mistaken) if you stop paying you just stop getting updates, you can still use it, unlike CE.
---
Post of the ****ing year. - crimsyn_76 Best. Example. Ever. - Veliconis
Epic. - Xade76 Want to run that by us in English instead of Derp, champ? - pies12