Damn I hate kinect.

#61chubbychaserPosted 6/28/2014 9:03:39 AM
DvoloS88 posted...
chubbychaser posted...
clownbrownies posted...
Why did you tell it to turn on when it was already on?...

Yea. kinect is ALWAYS ON. You cant 'Xbox On' if its not on.

That what make kinect a great data collection tool. Worldwide and its always On. Always ready to supply information. Sneaky and genious. Too bad Edward Snowden tell the truth about data mining before kinect become very big worldwide.

Two things,
First do you have a cell phone, home phone or computer? Better throw those in a body of water.
Second Snowden was/is a traitor deserved of jail time by giving terrorists a heads up on anti terrorism measures and hooking up communist Russia and China with our secrets. Go live in Russia and see how great it is.

Its OK. What i am saying is if Edward Snowden didn't exposed the truth about data mining, kinect would be kick ass worldwide data mining tool.

I know phone and pc are also used by NSA for data mining as been exposed by snowden. Kinect would be totally different beast. It have a camera that generally pointed nicely to your private area. Your living room, your bedroom. And the camera can measure in freaking 3D. There is so many data that can be mined this way.

The fact that kinect is ALWAYS listening even when Xbone is not on is amazing. Its a great environment where data can be mined, people can be spied in real time even when xbone is off.
---
aaaHAA!! X800 XT PE
#62casper316Posted 6/28/2014 9:35:10 AM
chubbychaser posted...

Its OK. What i am saying is if Edward Snowden didn't exposed the truth about data mining, kinect would be kick ass worldwide data mining tool.

I know phone and pc are also used by NSA for data mining as been exposed by snowden. Kinect would be totally different beast. It have a camera that generally pointed nicely to your private area. Your living room, your bedroom. And the camera can measure in freaking 3D. There is so many data that can be mined this way.

The fact that kinect is ALWAYS listening even when Xbone is not on is amazing. Its a great environment where data can be mined, people can be spied in real time even when xbone is off.

first of all, you are an extremely paranoid individual. secondly kinect is always on but the only thing that's always on has been stated by MS is the Mic and it's only listening for 1 Command and that's "Xbox On". and thirdly you can turn off all data that is sent back to MS through the kinect in the settings. you think what they can do with the kinect is bad kid the NSA can do far worse things with your cell phone, PC, and home phone. they can turn on the gps on your phone without you even knowing about it, they can turn on the camera without you knowing about it and the mics too. not to mention they have a wide open back door in your computer they can access at anytime they choose and the only thing you can do about it is completely remove your computer from the internet.

GrimMTrixX posted...
Ever since the last update my console will NOT turn on when I say "Xbox Turn on" it's pretty annoying. I've tried saying it in so many different ways and it just will not turn on. And yes I have it set to do so in the settings. So lame.

since no one will even offer to help you with your problem, the command isn't "Xbox Turn On" it's "Xbox On" the correct command is just "Xbox On" and when you want to turn it off is when you say "Xbox Turn Off" those are the correct commands.
---
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/BlaseCasper316
XBL Gamertag: Casper316
#63plus1zeroPosted 6/28/2014 10:03:21 AM
Why not try re calibrating your voice?
---
How do you know someone games on a PC? Don't worry, they'll tell you.
#64chubbychaserPosted 6/28/2014 10:14:14 AM(edited)
casper316 posted...
chubbychaser posted...

first of all, you are an extremely paranoid individual. secondly kinect is always on but the only thing that's always on has been stated by MS is the Mic and it's only listening for 1 Command and that's "Xbox On". and thirdly you can turn off all data that is sent back to MS through the kinect in the settings. you think what they can do with the kinect is bad kid the NSA can do far worse things with your cell phone, PC, and home phone. they can turn on the gps on your phone without you even knowing about it, they can turn on the camera without you knowing about it and the mics too. not to mention they have a wide open back door in your computer they can access at anytime they choose and the only thing you can do about it is completely remove your computer from the internet.

LOL how am I paranoid?. All I said Xbone with kinect is totally a great data mining and spying tool. Too bad snowden tell the truth about all the spying and data mining activities. If not for that, xbone will probably sold out all over the world, probably in the house of important people. Other than spying people in real time, one of the great application that can applied to kinect data mining is facial recognition database mining. With kinect camera you can scan in 3d, it would be great for mining facial database for people all around the world.
---
aaaHAA!! X800 XT PE
#65Ironman06Posted 6/28/2014 10:32:13 AM
I love it when a troll is foiled out of the gate.
---
"The best way to get the right answer on the Internet is not to ask a question, it's to post the wrong answer." - Cunningham's Law
#66POPSHU_FRUITCHUPosted 6/28/2014 11:56:50 AM
KID VID posted...
liquidblue4 posted...
*TC casually talking to his imaginary Kinect instead of playing games or talking to real people*

"hmmm I wonder how I can troll the Xbone board 2day lolz haha". He ponders.

His eyes slowly see his Playstation camera sitting there collecting dust pathetically. Suddenly he realizes how much he hates Xbox and their stupid camera even though he bought a dollar store version of it for his PS4.
All he can think of is the great topic that he's going to go make on the Xbox One board about how badly it works in his mind. Surely it will ruin their day.

Consumed by the glory of his glowing dualshock he furiously pounds his keyboard to create the 15th troll topic of the day.
"Kinect sucks because it connects to Kinect!" He yells at his screen.

He presses the post button. Horror comes over him as he sees the mistake that he made.

He totally forgot to say "Xbox turn on!". As he posts this final piece of information he realizes that he has surely won.

He leans back in his seat and sips a Mt. Dew. The girls will surely be beating down his door any minute now. Just like every other time.

Please continue the story. This was quite entertaining, actually. Good read.

That was pure gold XD
---
*Opposing Pokemon leans in to your Pokemon*
"Your mom was a slutty Ditto, you have over 100 siblings with 6 different dads"
#67GrimMTrixXPosted 6/28/2014 2:52:00 PM
I tried both "xbox turn on" and "xbox on" neither works. I just didn't feel like typing that I said both. lol But yea mine wont turn on when either is said let alone the correct one.
---
XBL/PSN/Network ID: GrimmTrixX
Now playing: Kirby Triple Deluxe
#68Combo626Posted 6/28/2014 2:54:11 PM
GrimMTrixX posted...
I tried both "xbox turn on" and "xbox on" neither works. I just didn't feel like typing that I said both. lol But yea mine wont turn on when either is said let alone the correct one.

Then you're Kinect isn't calibrated correctly. This *used* to be a common problem....Not so much after the updates.
---
PREPARE FOR BATTTTTLLEEEE! - Frieza/Shao Kahn
#69x1STP_KLOSRxPosted 6/28/2014 2:55:07 PM
GrimMTrixX posted...

I just sold my Kinect for just over $60 on eBay. The voice commands worked but usually only when I had headphones on. I also got tired of the Xbox activating voice commands when I didn't want it to. Not a bad piece of technology but I'm just not a fan of it. The possibilities and capability are there but when?
#70Enigma149Posted 6/28/2014 3:57:34 PM
L0Z posted...
Me: Xbox turn on
Kinect: are you sure you want to turn OFF?

...why would this situation ever occur?
---
"The winner is the gamer who gets to play all of the games, and the game developer who is recognized for the great games they made." -Retroxgamer0