Sniper Elite 3 has a 10GB day one patch on Xbox One , FAIL!!!!!!!!!!!

#21ScRuiPosted 6/23/2014 8:30:25 AM
IceHusky posted...
ScRui posted...
IceHusky posted...
I agree with you TC. I really wish developers would finish their games before selling them. I miss the days of being able to put games into a console and just start playing them. Not put games into a console and wait 5+ hours before you can play.

Holy cow...10GB patch is huge though, especially on my 150MB/S download speed. This is why I will never go digital only with games getting in the 50+GB install size range. Ugh! -_-"

I see what you did there... LOL

*cheers to having great internet...

10gb download?... Maybe 15-20 minutes for me.... Just enough time (if I was getting this game) to get home put it in, start the install/download and go take a shower....

Life is so difficult to these so called 'hardcore gamers' ... Take those silver spoons out your mouths... Entitlement /OVER

What did I do that you saw? I was being honest in my criticism towards gaming these days with the "release now, patch later" mentality publishers have with releasing their games early; except for BF4 that is still ****ed up 8 months later; I don't think there is any help for that game at this point in its life. lol

I am on DSL, hence why I only get 150mb/s download speeds. One day I will get on cable modem, but when I can afford it; then maybe I can have download speeds like you have too. In the meantime, I will complain about this lame practice publishers are doing. lol :P

Well I thought you were being sarcastic, because your download speed isn't slow at all, if it was what you posted (I bolded it in your OP)... 150MB download speed isn't slow... I think you made a mistake there... And you can't have that speed with DSL BTW...
---
"Be Smart @ Being Stupid & You'll NEVER Lose"
<If you ain't #NoseDeep, you ain't doing it right>
#22IceHuskyPosted 6/23/2014 8:33:46 AM
Also, I don't think it is considered being entitled for wanting to have a full product that you paid good money for. Would you want to buy hamburger with no meat in it, even though the menu claimed it had meat in the burger? Or would you want to go see a movie that suddenly stop in the middle of the story, even though movies generally have full stories with a nice conclusion? Or is that considered being entitled since you thought you were getting a full product as advertised?
---
Current Consoles: Xbox One, PS3, SNES, Genesis, Neo Geo Gold X
My Game Collection: http://vgcollect.com/icewolf
#23IceHuskyPosted 6/23/2014 8:36:37 AM
ScRui posted...
IceHusky posted...
ScRui posted...
IceHusky posted...
I agree with you TC. I really wish developers would finish their games before selling them. I miss the days of being able to put games into a console and just start playing them. Not put games into a console and wait 5+ hours before you can play.

Holy cow...10GB patch is huge though, especially on my 150MB/S download speed. This is why I will never go digital only with games getting in the 50+GB install size range. Ugh! -_-"

10gb download?... Maybe 15-20 minutes for me.... Just enough time (if I was getting this game) to get home put it in, start the install/download and go take a shower....

Life is so difficult to these so called 'hardcore gamers' ... Take those silver spoons out your mouths... Entitlement /OVER

What did I do that you saw? I was being honest in my criticism towards gaming these days with the "release now, patch later" mentality publishers have with releasing their games early; except for BF4 that is still ****ed up 8 months later; I don't think there is any help for that game at this point in its life. lol

I am on DSL, hence why I only get 150mb/s download speeds. One day I will get on cable modem, but when I can afford it; then maybe I can have download speeds like you have too. In the meantime, I will complain about this lame practice publishers are doing. lol :P

Well I thought you were being sarcastic, because your download speed isn't slow at all, if it was what you posted (I bolded it in your OP)... 150MB download speed isn't slow... I think you made a mistake there... And you can't have that speed with DSL BTW...

You're right. Sorry. I just did a speed test on my internet connection and I only get 2mb/s download speed on my DSL. Ugh! Horrible! :(

I wonder where I got 150mb/s from? lol
---
Current Consoles: Xbox One, PS3, SNES, Genesis, Neo Geo Gold X
My Game Collection: http://vgcollect.com/icewolf
#24BushidoEffect3Posted 6/23/2014 8:36:41 AM
"patches" these days. lazy ass developers.
---
Watch: http://youtu.be/lyOHNjZ-2qM. http://i.imgur.com/XGawTZt.jpg
Exciting! http://i.imgur.com/UiXOeoJ.gif
#25casper316Posted 6/23/2014 8:43:12 AM
ScRui posted...
IceHusky posted...
ScRui posted...
IceHusky posted...

actually you can with AT&T Uverse it's VDSL.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AT%26T_U-verse#Internet
---
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/BlaseCasper316
XBL Gamertag: Casper316
#26BilliePilgrimPosted 6/23/2014 8:45:47 AM(edited)
IceHusky posted...
You're right. Sorry. I just did a speed test on my internet connection and I only get 2mb/s download speed on my DSL. Ugh! Horrible! :(

Where indeed. I'm in the same boat though. Only option here is 5Mb/s ADSL. Love having games digital on PC, but I haven't really bought any games that came out in the last year or so. Downloading a 20GB+ game is a multiple day endeavor since I have to stop downloads during the day hours so my wife can actually use the internet.
---
i5 2500k @ 4.2| Corsair H60 | EVGA GTX 670 | MSI P67A-GD55 | 8GB DDR3 1600 | Fractal Design Define XL | 750W PSU
http://i.imgur.com/9bAOZZq.jpg
#27bLiNdSnIpErZ20Posted 6/23/2014 8:44:11 AM
That's gonna take me about 8 hours to install... Just lost interest in this game.
---
Get back in your rocket, and f*** off back to Legoland you c****!
#28cmincPosted 6/23/2014 8:44:47 AM
I dont really understand why TC's getting attacked. I mean i do--this is clearly gamefaqs--but still. If the day one patch has to be that big for the game to simply work well, it very simply and plainly wasnt ready to be pushed out the door.

On some level, all of you have to be able to at least acknowledge that a patch that size, effectively finishing a game that shipped either broken or incomplete, is kind of ridiculous.
---
MSI Z87-G45 | I7-4771 Turbo | GTX 770 4GB GDDR5 | Corsair HX 850W |
Kingston Hyper X 8GB DDR3 | 1TB 128 MB Cache HD| Windows 8.1 | 360 | XB1
#29ScRuiPosted 6/23/2014 8:46:23 AM
IceHusky posted...
ScRui posted...
IceHusky posted...
ScRui posted...
IceHusky posted...

No worries... I personally have a 75MB download (usually get higher on speed test ~80s-90s) 50MB upload ... Usually low ping also...

I have no problem downloading anything... Love it... No game so far has taken more then 30 min to download...

So worth the little extra money for higher end ISPs..
---
"Be Smart @ Being Stupid & You'll NEVER Lose"
<If you ain't #NoseDeep, you ain't doing it right>
#30daniel79Posted 6/23/2014 8:48:06 AM
Ellesarien posted...
DOWN WITH IMPROVEMENTS TO GAMES!!!! NO PATCHES OR UPDATES ALLOWED!!!!!

And this, ladies and gents, is exactly the reason a company can bang out a game needing a ten gig patch..

People like this plank, and the various others in the thread just bend over and take it.

..What am I saying. It's your typical Xbox users, they'll take anything and praise it.