Sniper Elite 3 has a 10GB day one patch on Xbox One , FAIL!!!!!!!!!!!

#31ScRuiPosted 6/23/2014 8:50:59 AM
casper316 posted...
ScRui posted...
IceHusky posted...
ScRui posted...
IceHusky posted...
I agree with you TC. I really wish developers would finish their games before selling them. I miss the days of being able to put games into a console and just start playing them. Not put games into a console and wait 5+ hours before you can play.

Holy cow...10GB patch is huge though, especially on my 150MB/S download speed. This is why I will never go digital only with games getting in the 50+GB install size range. Ugh! -_-"

I see what you did there... LOL

*cheers to having great internet...

10gb download?... Maybe 15-20 minutes for me.... Just enough time (if I was getting this game) to get home put it in, start the install/download and go take a shower....

Life is so difficult to these so called 'hardcore gamers' ... Take those silver spoons out your mouths... Entitlement /OVER

What did I do that you saw? I was being honest in my criticism towards gaming these days with the "release now, patch later" mentality publishers have with releasing their games early; except for BF4 that is still ****ed up 8 months later; I don't think there is any help for that game at this point in its life. lol

I am on DSL, hence why I only get 150mb/s download speeds. One day I will get on cable modem, but when I can afford it; then maybe I can have download speeds like you have too. In the meantime, I will complain about this lame practice publishers are doing. lol :P

Well I thought you were being sarcastic, because your download speed isn't slow at all, if it was what you posted (I bolded it in your OP)... 150MB download speed isn't slow... I think you made a mistake there... And you can't have that speed with DSL BTW...

actually you can with AT&T Uverse it's VDSL.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AT%26T_U-verse#Internet

WOW... DSL has come a long way ... I guess... I would still prefer Fiber Optics...

I remember having a 1.5mb/s download speed about 12-13 years ago... And it cost me the same amount that I pay for my connection now.. LOL how things change...
---
"Be Smart @ Being Stupid & You'll NEVER Lose"
<If you ain't #NoseDeep, you ain't doing it right>
#32Darkside_ShadowPosted 6/23/2014 8:52:34 AM
daniel79 posted...
Ellesarien posted...
DOWN WITH IMPROVEMENTS TO GAMES!!!! NO PATCHES OR UPDATES ALLOWED!!!!!

..What am I saying. It's your typical Xbox users, they'll take anything and praise it.

We have suffered for long yet remain positive.
#33TheMuffinPosted 6/23/2014 8:54:03 AM
BilliePilgrim posted...
IceHusky posted...
You're right. Sorry. I just did a speed test on my internet connection and I only get 2mb/s download speed on my DSL. Ugh! Horrible! :(

I wonder where I got 150mb/s from? lol

Where indeed. I'm in the same boat though. Only option here is 5Mb/s ADSL. Love having games digital on PC, but I haven't really bought any games that came out in the last year or so. Downloading a 20GB+ game is a multiple day endeavor since I have to stop downloads during the day hours so my wife can actually use the internet.

Probably meant he normally is getting download speeds of 150kb/s not megabytes. I can't imagine my internet being that slow. Not even being pompous. Everyone might hate Time Warner, but comparatively to you and many others, I'll take my 30Mb/s any day of the week. Downloading a gig of data every 5 minutes or so is awesome. I can't even fathom what Google Fiber customers must feel like.
---
MonicasBack ~This is an interesting topic, I could imagine my mom or someone else who has zero knowledge of games making it.
#34EllesarienPosted 6/23/2014 8:54:19 AM
daniel79 posted...
Ellesarien posted...

And this, ladies and gents, is exactly the reason a company can bang out a game needing a ten gig patch..

People like this plank, and the various others in the thread just bend over and take it.

..What am I saying. It's your typical Xbox users, they'll take anything and praise it.

If bend over and take it means taking 10 minutes to upload the patch so the game works better....then that is me.

Instead....I should be the idealistic gaming champion who decides to never play a game with a future patch. That way I show I am strong and cool and won't bend to the demands of THE MAN!!! My future looks bright from my basement and I stand up in defense of all the evils that spill from the APOCALYPSE OF THE POST-RELEASE PATCH!!.

Keep up the fight Braveheart!!! You will turn this industry around!!! Your name will be echoed throughout the ages by all the other brave souls holding the line against Chaos and Evil.
---
I will try and see it from your point of view, but I doubt we'll be able to fit both our heads up there.
#35ScRuiPosted 6/23/2014 8:56:08 AM
daniel79 posted...
Ellesarien posted...

And this, ladies and gents, is exactly the reason a company can bang out a game needing a ten gig patch..

People like this plank, and the various others in the thread just bend over and take it.

I'm not praising anything... But I'm not condemning it either...

If you don't have the stuff to support these new games and consoles you shouldn't be buying them... You are NOT entitled to it...

I don't expect to play Arma 3 on max settings with stable FPS on a 7 year old PC... So don't expect to be able to play a game that needs updating if you don't have the capability to download it in a reasonable time...

Its 2014... It sounds like most of your cell phones have faster connections than you do at home for your consoles... <--- that is sad... "FOR A GAMER"
---
"Be Smart @ Being Stupid & You'll NEVER Lose"
<If you ain't #NoseDeep, you ain't doing it right>
#36Exodus_PrimePosted 6/23/2014 8:56:24 AM
I'm surprised nobody caught this part of the Sniper Elite 3 article.

"It's part of this ongoing optimization process that's enabled Sniper Elite III to perform well at a native 1080p on both Xbox One and PS4,"

-
---
"Trolls are the dudebros of Gamefaqs. They just don't realize it." - curtland
Xbox One-PlayStation 4-Xbox 360-PS3-Vita
#37EllesarienPosted 6/23/2014 8:59:50 AM
Exodus_Prime posted...

"It's part of this ongoing optimization process that's enabled Sniper Elite III to perform well at a native 1080p on both Xbox One and PS4,"

-

But...it sounds so EVIL!!! No game should ever be played unless it is 100% perfect at launch. Even the smallest patch to optimize is a sign of utter failure and the company should be systematically dismantled and thrown out into deep space.
---
I will try and see it from your point of view, but I doubt we'll be able to fit both our heads up there.
#38Exodus_PrimePosted 6/23/2014 9:02:55 AM
Ellesarien posted...
Exodus_Prime posted...

-

But...it sounds so EVIL!!! No game should ever be played unless it is 100% perfect at launch. Even the smallest patch to optimize is a sign of utter failure and the company should be systematically dismantled and thrown out into deep space.

Deep deep in space...where no man has gone before.

-
---
"Trolls are the dudebros of Gamefaqs. They just don't realize it." - curtland
Xbox One-PlayStation 4-Xbox 360-PS3-Vita
#39HellsControllerPosted 6/23/2014 9:03:00 AM
Ellesarien posted...

Or... And this is a really big or so follow me. Or they can complete games before release so that massive day one patches aren't needed.

Now I know it's a lot for you to process. Just read it slowly and sound it out and I'm sure even you can get it.
---
I spilled Spot Remover on my dog....Now he's gone
#40Juzten76Posted 6/23/2014 9:03:50 AM
A day one patch!! Omg I'm way too entitled for patches! I've never even see a patch.... What is a patch! omg! Someone wipe my ass for me.
---
"demoes are dumb anyway. just buy the game. solves that." - The Village Idiot