Halo 2 Campaign In Master Chief Collection..... Might Not Be 1080p

#141littlebro07Posted 7/2/2014 7:08:51 AM
tubb311 posted...
everyone saying this is inexcusable because a 2 generation old game is forgetting that its also running a current gen engine at the exact same time. so, unbunch your panties. They said 1080p is their goal and they are working on it..

Plus it's only for the campaign.

I thought most people only cared about multiplayer these days.
---
http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb289/volcaitlin/gifs/dancning.gif
#142mike468Posted 7/2/2014 8:51:04 AM
Geshwinne Darksoul I posted...
The Only Reason They Are Struggling Is Because It's Running Both Engines Of The Game Simultaneously...

The Switching Is Instant As Opposed To The Wait From H1 Anniversary.

/Thread

Right! I swear most of the other posts show people clearly didn't even both reading the article. The game is running 2 different graphics engines at the same time.

While I hope they overcome it, I would love an option to run the game with only 1 of the engined if it meant I could lock in the resolution and frame rate, if it's going to be an issue.
---
The Official Thunder Of The Killer Instinct Board
#143aheroafakePosted 7/2/2014 9:31:51 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#144aheroafakePosted 7/2/2014 9:32:46 AM
littlebro07 posted...
tubb311 posted...
everyone saying this is inexcusable because a 2 generation old game is forgetting that its also running a current gen engine at the exact same time. so, unbunch your panties. They said 1080p is their goal and they are working on it..

Plus it's only for the campaign.

I thought most people only cared about multiplayer these days.

You thought wrong.
---
| Undead Soldier | Undead Army | Undead Hollywood |
| Xbox Live Gamertag: Capatan Azn Man | Youtube.com/capatanaznman |
#145aheroafakePosted 7/2/2014 9:34:28 AM
#146TOhasNoRingPosted 7/2/2014 9:43:18 AM
I love how so many people try to ignore the fact is that it will be running two graphic engines at the same time. You guys try way too hard to do anything to bash the xbox one.
---
Intel Atom 1.20GHz - 512MB DDR2 SDRAM - Serial ATA 5400 RPM HDD - Intel GMA 3600
#147mike468Posted 7/2/2014 10:07:12 AM
aheroafake posted...
mike468 posted...
Geshwinne Darksoul I posted...
The Only Reason They Are Struggling Is Because It's Running Both Engines Of The Game Simultaneously...

The Switching Is Instant As Opposed To The Wait From H1 Anniversary.

/Thread

Right! I swear most of the other posts show people clearly didn't even both reading the article. The game is running 2 different graphics engines at the same time.

While I hope they overcome it, I would love an option to run the game with only 1 of the engined if it meant I could lock in the resolution and frame rate, if it's going to be an issue.

I upgraded to a more powerful console, this shouldn't be okay.

Yet when killzone shadow fall claimed is going to hit a certain resolution and frame rate, and the devs lied through their teeth for 3 months about even meeting those specs, while only running one game engine, that is OK though? Also destiny is running at 30 fps on the ps4.

And you're really going to give the game **** because they're struggling to run 2 game engines at the same time in campaign at 1080p 60fps?!
---
The Official Thunder Of The Killer Instinct Board
#148aheroafakePosted 7/2/2014 10:14:14 AM
#149EllesarienPosted 7/2/2014 10:17:25 AM
TBONE_OG posted...
From the article:

However, that may not be the case for the campaign in Halo 2. O’Connor says, “There’s a chance that [Halo 2] Anniversary campaign could run at a different resolution to accommodate the second frame buffer. But the intent is to overcome that hurdle.”

O’Connor is referring to the ability to switch between the Halo 2 graphics from the original Xbox and the upgraded HD Anniversary graphics on the fly when he mentions the “second frame buffer.” The game is essentially running two graphics engines at the same time. Rendering and storing the images for both versions at 1080p simultaneously is the current challenge facing 343 Industries.

So it's because of the graphics switch... meaning.... there's a lot going on.

I didn't read through this troll infested topic, but there's your answer for anyone who can read.

They don't want reasons. Most of the clowns going apocalyptic about this don't even care about the game or games in general IMO. They care about this : The eternal internet battle.
---
I will try and see it from your point of view, but I doubt we'll be able to fit both our heads up there.
#150aheroafakePosted 7/2/2014 10:28:07 AM(edited)
Ellesarien posted...
TBONE_OG posted...
From the article:

However, that may not be the case for the campaign in Halo 2. O’Connor says, “There’s a chance that [Halo 2] Anniversary campaign could run at a different resolution to accommodate the second frame buffer. But the intent is to overcome that hurdle.”

O’Connor is referring to the ability to switch between the Halo 2 graphics from the original Xbox and the upgraded HD Anniversary graphics on the fly when he mentions the “second frame buffer.” The game is essentially running two graphics engines at the same time. Rendering and storing the images for both versions at 1080p simultaneously is the current challenge facing 343 Industries.

So it's because of the graphics switch... meaning.... there's a lot going on.

I didn't read through this troll infested topic, but there's your answer for anyone who can read.

They don't want reasons. Most of the clowns going apocalyptic about this don't even care about the game or games in general IMO. They care about this : The eternal internet battle.

Or some people (like myself) might have initially misinterpreted/misunderstood what the article meant. But some clowns like you believe otherwise.
---
| Undead Soldier | Undead Army | Undead Hollywood |
| Xbox Live Gamertag: Capatan Azn Man | Youtube.com/capatanaznman |