if Microsoft did buy capcom

#1duces9killaPosted 6/25/2014 2:55:25 PM
How will gaming change?
#2duces9killa(Topic Creator)Posted 6/25/2014 2:56:31 PM
Seeing the reputation with rare. I can see microsoft pulling the trigger on capcom and detroyed it like how it destroyed rare
#3Combo626Posted 6/25/2014 3:07:22 PM
So Microsoft destroyed Rare? It wasn't the employees that left?
I must've forgotten that all you have to do is say "Make a new Conker" and everyone will buy it?
Because that's not what happens....
So, since you were there, how did Microsoft destroy Rare?
Please backup your claim with sources that have nothing to gain from putting out false information.

Don't worry, I'll wait.

*Hint* It'd be best if you found interviews from Rare employees backing your claim up.
---
PREPARE FOR BATTTTTLLEEEE! - Frieza/Shao Kahn
#4Prince ShondronaiPosted 6/25/2014 3:38:04 PM
We could hope, for one thing, that anyone purchasing Capcom would incite them to produce a new MegaMan game or 6, at the outset.

Killer Instinct vs Street Fighter could be a thing.

Dead Rising 4 with Halo and Rare costumes and weapons.

I would also hope that anyone purchasing Capcom would set them on making some suitably spooky Resident Evil games again, and shift the franchise away from the more actiony direction it's taken lately. Or at least remake RE2, 3, and Code Veronica.
---
Senpai Action Figure: With real Noticing Action!
May contain levels of Sugoi unsafe for children ages 7 and under.
#5ExDiosPosted 6/25/2014 4:04:54 PM
Exclusive Megaman, Resident Evil and DmC

I'm all for it :)
---
Gamertag: Sicario XII
Nintendo ID: Exdios
#6Combo626Posted 6/25/2014 4:21:29 PM
So, TC has nothing but an assumption? Right out of his/her ass?
---
#7PS2 4 LifePosted 6/25/2014 4:23:01 PM
Truthfully, any of the big 3 systems would benefit from buying Capcom.

Imagine, having the rights to these series. ALL exclusive to your system:

Monster Hunter
Megaman
Onimusha
Devil May Cry
Phoenix Wright
Power Stone
Street Fighter
Marvel Vs. Capcom
Resident Evil
Dino Crisis
Dead Rising
Deep Down
Dragon's Dogma
Breath of FIre
Strider
Final Fight
Ghost's and Goblins
Okami
Viewtiful Joe

And many more...

It would certainly be a game changer that is for sure. But, I imagine that all these companies are hesitant because of the situation Capcom is in at the moment. You would own all these franchises. But, you would also be in charge of funding them. And that isn't cheap.

It is hard to argue that it would be a big win for any of them.

Honestly, purchasing them would probably make the most sense for Nintendo. They have next to no third party support. And having Capcom with them would give people A LOT of reasons to buy a Wii U if they started bringing back and making sequels to some of their older games. Not to mention that Nintendo could put them on the 3DS as well. So a lot of the games would be much less expensive to produce.

Microsoft could use the boost as well. Having the rights to Monster Hunter in places like Japan would be a game changer for them. It is like the Call of Duty of Japan. Not to mention all the people that would come to the XBox One if they couldn't play Resident Evil, Devil May Cry, etc on the PS4. But, it would be a HUGE financial investment that I am not sure they are willing to take. Since funding those games for next gen systems would NOT be cheap.

Sony could use it, but they are having enough problems as it is without spending a billion dollars or so buying something that will they will have to pump tons of money into to get a return. So I think this is the least likely of the three.

As for the topic question.

Do I really want Microsoft to buy Capcom. Maybe, Maybe not. But I can tell you right now I would definitely want either Microsoft, Sony, or Nintendo to buy them up. Because I would hate to see Capcom getting bought out by Facebook or Amazon and we lose all of their games altogether.

I would prefer them getting bought out by EA or Activision to that. Capcom could do A LOT worse then Microsoft.
---
Games I am looking forward to:Sunset Overdrive, Mighty No 9, Tales of Xillia 2, Bayonetta 2, Grim Fandango, Alien:Isolation
3DS FC: 0404-5580-6237
#8PS2 4 LifePosted 6/25/2014 4:26:48 PM
"Seeing the reputation with rare. I can see microsoft pulling the trigger on capcom and detroyed it like how it destroyed rare"

Though I am not entirely disagreeing with you. You are leaving out the fact that they restructured the company about 2 or 3 times before Microsoft even got ahold of them and they were already a shadow of their former self.

And Microsoft actually gave them money to make new IPs and games to help expand the Microsoft brand and distance themselves from Nintendo's shadow.

They came out with Kameo, Viva Pinata and Grabbed By The Ghoulies. Grabbed by the Ghoulies wasn't all that great. But, Kameo was a great 3D platformer and Viva Pinata is one of the best games Rare has ever made imo. So they can still make good games.

Yet none of these new IPs sold too well. Rare was saddened to see that gamers really didn't want new games. They just want rehashes of their old ips. As they could see with how much better Conker:Live and Reloaded and Perfect Dark Zero sold then the new ips.

So, one of their new IPs had their name changed to Banjo Kazooie:Nuts and Bolts and their other new ips, like Kameo 2, were cancelled until Microsoft made their money back.

So, they have been making Kinect Sports lately and earning all the lost money back. They are actually some of the best selling Kinect games ever released and made a TON of money.

Now, with the Kinect fad going away, Phil Spencer taking over XBox, and a new system launch. I expect to see some great Rare games coming in the next few years. I personally think Rare is ready for a comeback.
---
Games I am looking forward to:Sunset Overdrive, Mighty No 9, Tales of Xillia 2, Bayonetta 2, Grim Fandango, Alien:Isolation
3DS FC: 0404-5580-6237
#9Combo626Posted 6/25/2014 4:44:02 PM(edited)
PS2 4 Life posted...
"Seeing the reputation with rare. I can see microsoft pulling the trigger on capcom and detroyed it like how it destroyed rare"

Though I am not entirely disagreeing with you. You are leaving out the fact that they restructured the company about 2 or 3 times before Microsoft even got ahold of them and they were already a shadow of their former self.

And Microsoft actually gave them money to make new IPs and games to help expand the Microsoft brand and distance themselves from Nintendo's shadow.

They came out with Kameo, Viva Pinata and Grabbed By The Ghoulies. Grabbed by the Ghoulies wasn't all that great. But, Kameo was a great 3D platformer and Viva Pinata is one of the best games Rare has ever made imo. So they can still make good games.

Yet none of these new IPs sold too well. Rare was saddened to see that gamers really didn't want new games. They just want rehashes of their old ips. As they could see with how much better Conker:Live and Reloaded and Perfect Dark Zero sold then the new ips.

So, one of their new IPs had their name changed to Banjo Kazooie:Nuts and Bolts and their other new ips, like Kameo 2, were cancelled until Microsoft made their money back.

So, they have been making Kinect Sports lately and earning all the lost money back. They are actually some of the best selling Kinect games ever released and made a TON of money.

Now, with the Kinect fad going away, Phil Spencer taking over XBox, and a new system launch. I expect to see some great Rare games coming in the next few years. I personally think Rare is ready for a comeback.

Makes more sense than what the TC said....He's not coming back, is he?
---
#10duces9killa(Topic Creator)Posted 6/25/2014 5:38:10 PM
Like how they destroyed conker and banjo kazooie and many others I wont be surprised if they made capcom make kinect only games lol what a shame