if Microsoft did buy capcom

#11duces9killa(Topic Creator)Posted 6/25/2014 5:38:26 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#12pblimp360Posted 6/25/2014 5:52:29 PM
Combo626 posted...
So Microsoft destroyed Rare? It wasn't the employees that left?
I must've forgotten that all you have to do is say "Make a new Conker" and everyone will buy it?
Because that's not what happens....
So, since you were there, how did Microsoft destroy Rare?
Please backup your claim with sources that have nothing to gain from putting out false information.

Don't worry, I'll wait.

*Hint* It'd be best if you found interviews from Rare employees backing your claim up.

He's a Pony. He has no proof of anything and only the the misinformed run with the "M$ killedid RARE!1 tho" stance at this point.
---
Death isn't the exit of existence. It's the entrance into eternity. R.I.P Zora Nelson 3/6/13 Forever loved
#13creep50Posted 7/1/2014 4:39:09 AM
pblimp360 posted...
Combo626 posted...
So Microsoft destroyed Rare? It wasn't the employees that left?
I must've forgotten that all you have to do is say "Make a new Conker" and everyone will buy it?
Because that's not what happens....
So, since you were there, how did Microsoft destroy Rare?
Please backup your claim with sources that have nothing to gain from putting out false information.

Don't worry, I'll wait.

*Hint* It'd be best if you found interviews from Rare employees backing your claim up.

He's a Pony. He has no proof of anything and only the the misinformed run with the "M$ killedid RARE!1 tho" stance at this point.

are people honestly still debating this??

MS destroying rare is pretty much a fact by now

here are quotes from actual ex-rare staff

I think Rare have completely f***** themselves. And - it isn't their fault; it's Microsoft's fault. They have completely ruined that company, and it makes me cry every day of my life----Grant Kirkhope

At first it seemed that they wouldn’t interfere much, but it was soon clear that they were more interested in using Rare to help aim at a younger market. This stifled a lot of creativity, Rare was renowned for their diverse portfolio, so to not be involved in making Mature games was a real blow. When the stampers left it seemed that Microsoft was losing faith in Rare, it was hard to take when all around were incredibly talented people, with massive amounts of experience. There [were] numerous projects that were put forward that I believe would have been huge hits, but MS rejected them one after the other. I remember seeing a couple of prototypes that Chris Seavor had designed and was working on, that looked amazing, but alas they got shelved. It seemed that MS didn’t want to take the risk in Rare doing anything outside the younger demographic, they quickly forgot the company’s heritage. We started to lose a lot of great talent then, people were losing job satisfaction, so they just left.---Don. Murphy

you can copy paste those if you dont believe me...but MS absolutely pulled the trigger on Rareware
---
San Andreas > > > > > > > > >Desert Bus > > > > > > > >GTA 4
#14TeraPatrick2008Posted 7/1/2014 5:03:18 AM
It would save us from more stupid Resident Evil sequels on the real game consoles.