Hate To Be That Guy But...Alien Isolation On Xbox One Native 1080P

#41LanternOfAshPosted 6/26/2014 5:56:56 PM
AEagleguy posted...
I think I may be the only one who thinks that the lack of 1080p is entirely the developers fault. So far non of the games on either systems look THAT much better than the previous generation. The One is more powerful than the 360 and every single one of these games should be able to run at 1080p and 60fps on the One.

Nope, I definitely think so to. Ground Zeroes for example, runs exact same resolution and engine as the 360 version. You mean to tell me they couldn't do any better than what they did with a 9 year old console?? God that's such bullcrap. It was clearly laziness in many cases.
---
Look, Mama! I'm on GameFAQs!
#42JusticeSwordPosted 6/26/2014 6:05:38 PM
Resolution & fps arent the only factors in how a games resources are used, theres lighting, shadows, reflections, quality of textures, colour pallete, draw distance, animations, physics, enemies on screen, AI itself, filters & blur, & so much more.

Pong could be ran on an X1 at 4k240fps (probably more), does that make it a more technically impressive game over say, destiny or mgs v tpp, which hav realtime lighting, a day night cycle, tens of 1000s of animations, huge open traverses filled with enemies, all whilst allowing for co op?
---
PSN:TheDragonzord
>_> Sonic The Hedgehog 3 & Knuckles HD remix please
#43ComradeRyanPosted 6/26/2014 6:22:34 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#44Rome218Posted 6/26/2014 6:52:47 PM
JusticeSword posted...
Resolution & fps arent the only factors in how a games resources are used, theres lighting, shadows, reflections, quality of textures, colour pallete, draw distance, animations, physics, enemies on screen, AI itself, filters & blur, & so much more.

Pong could be ran on an X1 at 4k240fps (probably more), does that make it a more technically impressive game over say, destiny or mgs v tpp, which hav realtime lighting, a day night cycle, tens of 1000s of animations, huge open traverses filled with enemies, all whilst allowing for co op?

I know. The whole thing are just resolutions. They gave it easy names like 100 and now stupid stuff like 900p to cater to mainstream.

People who claim to be gamers and argue over resolution are straight up casual noobs. There are so many factors in a game's engine that makes it look nice, and as they push things like realistic lighting and shadows, the resolution of 1080p will be hard to do.

I do not believe people can look at a game and know what resolution it is. Some say they can, but not all 1080p games look the same, it is on an individual basis.
#45JusticeSwordPosted 6/30/2014 4:00:36 PM
^ PS1 & 2 games (My fave eras) were varying resolutions & frames, I had great fun with those & this kind of talk was rare, goes to show what people will fight over.

Id sooner argue that star ocean 3 on the ps2 had more content than so4 on the gen after, or that i can complete all 3 final fantasy 13s in the time it takes me to complete XII once, we should be complaining about lesser contents & over priced digital games, not tech specs that havent really hindered our fun in any way, except when a game was broken of course. (though looking at mgs v, the witcher, DA3, & no mans sky, the slashed in half content era might disappear).
---
#46IzraeilPosted 6/30/2014 4:55:05 PM
In all likelyhood they didn't want to get caught in this whole resolution drama, so they scaled down other things which were more important to bump up the resolution.
#47plus1zeroPosted 6/30/2014 5:19:00 PM
ElPolloDiablo87 posted...
There's a pretty hilarious thread on Sonygaf where all the Sony fanboys are vowing to not buy the game because it isn't better on PS4.

I read over on the ps4 board earlier how they were so much more civil and easy going than the X1 board. My mind was full of wat. Those guys are terrible, they still use the same arguments from a year ago.

Meanwhile my ps4's just sitting there collecting dust while my x1 and wii u get attention.
---
How do you know someone games on a PC? Don't worry, they'll tell you.
#48ThunderPotatoPosted 6/30/2014 6:30:45 PM
Wonder which system will run it at a higher frame rate at 1080p? That's always going to be your problem, even at the same resolution. It isn't going away. Something will always be sacrificed in order to make them run the same in a certain category.
---
Now Playing: Yars' Revenge(2600) + Tony Hawk Pro Skater(Dreamcast)
I would like to thank 40Dribylf, for strengthening my stance on eugenics.
#49JusticeSwordPosted 6/30/2014 6:36:06 PM
I would sooner have a game run at 720/30 with huge enemy variants, interactive, immersive environments, & as much unique content as possible, than 1080/60, npcs are all pallete swaps, animations limited, LOD textures loading infront of your eyes, & only -20 hours of gameplay.

(I know you can have it all on pc, but PC games are rarely created to take full advantage of the hardware, due to the varied nature of specs, try running a game as technically level to god of war 3, on a pc, with less than 512mb ram... many but NOT ALL games PC have to be cookie cutter simply to run on different specced machines)
---
#50copycat2008Posted 6/30/2014 6:45:07 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]