Naughty Dog Dev: DX12 Won't Be A Game Changer on Xbox One

#81Laylow12Posted 6/27/2014 2:56:24 PM
Estocassassin posted...
The pSoulTrapper posted...
Estocassassin posted...
Why are people saying phil spencer has already said this? Show me one credible link please? The closest to this that has been said is that it will have a bigger impact on the pc, that does not mean small impact on xbox one.

These console wars are pathetic, even developers are getting involved now and this board is just full of cretins.

Was already posted in this thread:

Phil Spencer:

http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/06/17/phil-spencer-directx-12-not-a-massive-change-for-xbox-one-explains-expectations-from-1st-party-studios/

Here's another one of Microsofts engineers:

When we spoke to Microsoft's Anuj Gosalia after the announcement, though, he downplayed the importance of DX12 for Xbox One titles. The Xbox One and PS4 have difficulty running the latest games at 1080p resolution, and Gosalia suggested that DX12 won't necessarily change that or offer any particular new graphical effects. "This just lets you exploit a little bit more of what the hardware can do."

You won't find a single Microsoft employee saying DX12 will be huge fr the xbox one, because it simply isn't something that's being made for xbox one but for PCs.

The xbox one will have some slight advantages from this, but it's not going to be anything big.

The point is though dx12 will be using all 8 cores instead of the 1 that dx11 uses, that all but garauntees that all games will run at 1080p and depending on the game 60fps. Then once you add in the slight advantages that the cloud will eventually bring it will make a decent impact when used together.

You're reaching there. It doesn't say anything about guaranteeing 1080p and 60fps. It's people like you that he's putting in check by admitting its not going to make much of a difference in the XBOX ONE.

PC, maybe but not the XBOX ONE.

---
The Queen of Light took her bow, and then she turned to go.
The Prince of Peace embraced the gloom, and walked the night alone.-Battle of Evermore/Zeppelin
#82bob15xPosted 6/27/2014 3:03:04 PM
"The all-in-one system that we built is really about building a box that can play a role in all forms of entertainment in the home," said Spencer. "We understand value. We understand the consumer's decisions that they have to make when they're walking in the store. We think the all in one value proposition for Xbox One will be really strong."

and?

You do realize that their original plan was that kinect was a critical component right? So wheres the lie?

You want to see a lie, how about the one sony told at E3 when they said the BF hardline beta ran at 1080p 60fps when it didn't now that is a lie.
#83SoulTrapperPosted 6/27/2014 3:09:15 PM
Estocassassin posted...

Look i don't care, whatever sources i find you will find a way to discredit them but all of your sources will always be full proof. You clearly don't understand what i am saying so how about we all stfu and wait and see.

If it will help your ego keep spluttering on about vague comments you clearly don't understand, but i won't be checking this topic again because i have better things to do than try and explain things to people who simply don't want to understand.

If your "source" is a twitter quote from a dev who doesn't have anything to do with the xbox, it's not much of a source.

There is no need to "wait and see", Phil Spencer, the head of xbox, has already confirmed what most people have been saying ever since GDC: DX12 is for PCs, it won't do much for xbox.

There are multiple people here trying to explain this to you with multiple sources, you're the one who doesn't want to understand.
#84quincy2000aPosted 6/27/2014 3:09:16 PM
bob15x posted...
"The all-in-one system that we built is really about building a box that can play a role in all forms of entertainment in the home," said Spencer. "We understand value. We understand the consumer's decisions that they have to make when they're walking in the store. We think the all in one value proposition for Xbox One will be really strong."

and?

You do realize that their original plan was that kinect was a critical component right? So wheres the lie?

You want to see a lie, how about the one sony told at E3 when they said the BF hardline beta ran at 1080p 60fps when it didn't now that is a lie.

One, I'm not talking about a Sony lie here and I'm not saying they don't. But I'm talking about Spencer's lie now--why muddy the water?

He lied because he said it was critical. It's not. They work fine separately. Mine's never been connected.

He lied when he said the two were inseparable and charged people a price based on that lie.
---
"Correct. Xbox One is Kinect." Microsoft VP
Really...seems this Day One Edition purchaser was "Madoff-ed by Microsoft."
#85XanderZanePosted 6/28/2014 10:01:19 AM
I don't think DX12 will be the only thing added. I think the changes will be bigger then what people think. Phil is very smart to downplay it. Cause when the change happens he can sit back and laugh at people who thought they knew everything. "Art of War".
#86popping4itPosted 6/28/2014 10:45:23 AM
nd has really had a problem with running its mouth lately they werent shy to give their take on the assassin's creed click bait crap and now here.

most overrated developers in the history of gaming and now they're not shy to show their smugness.
---
whens mahvel?