Do you know of anyone that bought an XB1 as a media console only?

#1skermacPosted 6/28/2014 1:55:40 PM
No games at all, just a media hub. I don't know anyone that did that, does anyone?
---
To the edge of the universe and back, endure and survive
#2Laylow12Posted 6/28/2014 2:08:29 PM
Microsoft said it was a business machine too. Im wondering if anyone was using it as a business machine, whatever that means?

---
The Queen of Light took her bow, and then she turned to go.
The Prince of Peace embraced the gloom, and walked the night alone.-Battle of Evermore/Zeppelin
#3HorridhalPosted 6/28/2014 2:18:27 PM
I purchased an X1 for my father for that exact reason.

He lost his eyes in an accident(entirely lost both eyes) a few years ago and I figured the voice commands would be good for him.
---
I'm not the nicest person you'll meet.
Have a real point please.
#4skermac(Topic Creator)Posted 6/29/2014 2:04:06 PM
Laylow12 posted...
Microsoft said it was a business machine too. Im wondering if anyone was using it as a business machine, whatever that means?

I don't know what a business machine is either.
---
#5tributegamesPosted 6/29/2014 2:09:01 PM
who would do that? there are much more inexpensive options for that.
---
psn: kaustik
gamertag: caustic325
#6skermac(Topic Creator)Posted 6/29/2014 8:36:47 PM
tributegames posted...
who would do that? there are much more inexpensive options for that.

Ask MS?
---
#7puffnbillys420Posted 6/29/2014 8:39:50 PM
I remember ultimate fighter australia vs canada was using xbones as a skype machine for dana white to talk to the coaches and fighters
---
Psn: DirtyJoeBro XBL: joe1ah feel free to add me
#8grampamurkedPosted 6/29/2014 8:41:58 PM
It simply doesn't offer enough for that.....yet. Time will tell
---
Xbox GT: Grampa Murked U Steam ID: grampamurkedu PSN ID: GRAMPAMURKEDU
#9therickmu25Posted 6/29/2014 8:57:52 PM
Ive had it since December and have no games for it yet and strictly use it for TV and streaming from PC to Xbox.

The biggest problem is I have a nice gaming Pc and the best games it currently offers are on PC as well.
---
PC: http://i.imgur.com/9Ho6VA1.jpg
#10HandGodPosted 6/29/2014 9:12:01 PM
I have non-gamer friends who do own a current console of some sort, but primarily for the apps it offers. Don't know of any one of them that own one exclusively for the alternate services provided aside from video games, since they'll at least play Call of Duty or something on it, but video games really aren't their primary purpose.

Going through my personal history of gaming consoles as a media device: back when PS2 was first launched, it remained pretty much my primary DVD player and was used almost exclusively as that for a while until the heavy hitter titles started getting released. And when Xbox Live was introduced, I used it as a phone service to keep in touch with long distance friends, since I didn't have a cell phone at the time. Yeah, we'd play NFL Fever or Midtown Madness or something, but that wasn't really why were paying for the service.