Do you know of anyone that bought an XB1 as a media console only?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Do you know of anyone that bought an XB1 as a media console only?
1 year ago#11
Why would you buy a console that can play some of the best games, and will play some of the best games for the next 5-7yrs just for Multimedia?
---
Wars may be fought with weapons, but they are won by men. It is the spirit of men who follow and of the man who leads that gains the victory.--General Patton
1 year ago#12
zerooo0 posted...
Why would you buy a console that can play some of the best games, and will play some of the best games for the next 5-7yrs just for Multimedia?

Ask MS, they are doing the promoting.
---
To the edge of the universe and back, endure and survive
1 year ago#13
Only? No.
However I do know someone that mainly bought it since it was pushed as a media hub. He isn't really a gamer and figured he could still get use out of it when not playing games.
---
When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading.
1 year ago#14
How is it a media hub? I bet it cannot play tons of file formats I would want to use it for if I was only using it for a media hub.
---
Combo Master
1 year ago#15
I bought mine primarily for that benefit. I have a wii u as well and was sold on the media, connectivity with TV, etc. I have since bought a few games which I have yet to play. I use it mainly for running the TV, Netflix, hulu, amazon prime. It is nice when I have a cat laying on me that I can change channels, turn the TV off etc.
1 year ago#16
Combo Master posted...
How is it a media hub? I bet it cannot play tons of file formats I would want to use it for if I was only using it for a media hub.

This is ms, it can play anything! and if it cant it will soon lol
---
To the edge of the universe and back, endure and survive
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Do you know of anyone that bought an XB1 as a media console only?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived