Do you know of anyone that bought an XB1 as a media console only?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Do you know of anyone that bought an XB1 as a media console only?
2 years ago#11
Why would you buy a console that can play some of the best games, and will play some of the best games for the next 5-7yrs just for Multimedia?
Wars may be fought with weapons, but they are won by men. It is the spirit of men who follow and of the man who leads that gains the victory.--General Patton
2 years ago#12
zerooo0 posted...
Why would you buy a console that can play some of the best games, and will play some of the best games for the next 5-7yrs just for Multimedia?

Ask MS, they are doing the promoting.
To the edge of the universe and back, endure and survive
2 years ago#13
Only? No.
However I do know someone that mainly bought it since it was pushed as a media hub. He isn't really a gamer and figured he could still get use out of it when not playing games.
When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading.
2 years ago#14
How is it a media hub? I bet it cannot play tons of file formats I would want to use it for if I was only using it for a media hub.
Combo Master
2 years ago#15
I bought mine primarily for that benefit. I have a wii u as well and was sold on the media, connectivity with TV, etc. I have since bought a few games which I have yet to play. I use it mainly for running the TV, Netflix, hulu, amazon prime. It is nice when I have a cat laying on me that I can change channels, turn the TV off etc.
2 years ago#16
Combo Master posted...
How is it a media hub? I bet it cannot play tons of file formats I would want to use it for if I was only using it for a media hub.

This is ms, it can play anything! and if it cant it will soon lol
To the edge of the universe and back, endure and survive
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Do you know of anyone that bought an XB1 as a media console only?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived