Do you know of anyone that bought an XB1 as a media console only?

#11zerooo0Posted 6/29/2014 9:15:58 PM
Why would you buy a console that can play some of the best games, and will play some of the best games for the next 5-7yrs just for Multimedia?
---
Wars may be fought with weapons, but they are won by men. It is the spirit of men who follow and of the man who leads that gains the victory.--General Patton
#12skermac(Topic Creator)Posted 6/30/2014 3:07:30 PM
zerooo0 posted...
Why would you buy a console that can play some of the best games, and will play some of the best games for the next 5-7yrs just for Multimedia?

Ask MS, they are doing the promoting.
---
To the edge of the universe and back, endure and survive
#13darkshadowmasterPosted 6/30/2014 3:18:47 PM
Only? No.
However I do know someone that mainly bought it since it was pushed as a media hub. He isn't really a gamer and figured he could still get use out of it when not playing games.
---
When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading.
#14Combo MasterPosted 6/30/2014 3:25:47 PM
How is it a media hub? I bet it cannot play tons of file formats I would want to use it for if I was only using it for a media hub.
---
Combo Master
#15pabasler66Posted 6/30/2014 4:30:52 PM
I bought mine primarily for that benefit. I have a wii u as well and was sold on the media, connectivity with TV, etc. I have since bought a few games which I have yet to play. I use it mainly for running the TV, Netflix, hulu, amazon prime. It is nice when I have a cat laying on me that I can change channels, turn the TV off etc.
#16skermac(Topic Creator)Posted 6/30/2014 6:26:23 PM
Combo Master posted...
How is it a media hub? I bet it cannot play tons of file formats I would want to use it for if I was only using it for a media hub.

This is ms, it can play anything! and if it cant it will soon lol
---
To the edge of the universe and back, endure and survive