So I just bought an Xbox One with the Kinect

#1dormcastePosted 6/28/2014 2:13:00 PM
The new Kinect is pretty awesome. I love using voice commands and the camera on it is great. Playing Tomb Raider right now and so far I'm really enjoying it. I bought AC4 and Titanfall came with it. I loved how the Kinect could automatically recognize those redeemable codes. No more pesky code inputs!
#2ghstbstrPosted 6/28/2014 2:20:01 PM
The Kinect to me is useless since I don't use it at all, and I really wished that the Kinect-less bundle for $399 was available when the system was originally released.
Oh well that's what I get for not waiting, and on top of that I had a bad disc drive on my first Xbox One that I had to send in for warranty replacement. So far it seems like having an Xbox 360 all over again, which I am currently on my 4th Xbox 360.
---
Xbox360/One + PS3/4 + Wii U + PC = Awesomeness!!!
#3cmincPosted 6/28/2014 4:40:56 PM
dormcaste posted...
The new Kinect is pretty awesome. I love using voice commands and the camera on it is great. Playing Tomb Raider right now and so far I'm really enjoying it. I bought AC4 and Titanfall came with it. I loved how the Kinect could automatically recognize those redeemable codes. No more pesky code inputs!

I agree, tc. The people that have convinced themselves that kinect is evil, well...their behavior kind of tells you how much stock to put in their opinion by itself, doesnt it?

Enjoy your new toys, man. Welcome aboard : )
---
MSI Z87-G45 | I7-4771 Turbo | GTX 770 4GB GDDR5 | Corsair HX 850W |
Kingston Hyper X 8GB DDR3 | 1TB 128 MB Cache HD| Windows 8.1 | 360 | XB1
#4BigBee2005Posted 7/2/2014 11:57:36 PM
I was initially sceptical regarding the kinect but having now bought a XB1, I think it's great too. Loving the voice commands!

Well worth it IMO and am enjoying the XB1 more than my PS4 at the moment - it's a great console.
---
XBL Headwind PSN Headwindz
#5pblimp360Posted 7/3/2014 12:01:46 AM
cminc posted...
dormcaste posted...

I agree, tc. The people that have convinced themselves that kinect is evil, well...their behavior kind of tells you how much stock to put in their opinion by itself, doesnt it?

Enjoy your new toys, man. Welcome aboard : )

Agreed.
---
Death isn't the exit of existence. It's the entrance into eternity. R.I.P Zora Nelson 3/6/13 Forever loved
#6LittleKohakuPosted 7/3/2014 12:04:30 AM(edited)
ghstbstr posted...
The Kinect to me is useless since I don't use it at all, and I really wished that the Kinect-less bundle for $399 was available when the system was originally released.
Oh well that's what I get for not waiting, and on top of that I had a bad disc drive on my first Xbox One that I had to send in for warranty replacement. So far it seems like having an Xbox 360 all over again, which I am currently on my 4th Xbox 360.

Still on my second xbox 360 and I've had it since 2007. Still works fine.
#7godslayer1975Posted 7/3/2014 12:08:35 AM
dormcaste posted...

agree I love it and I use all those features I personally feel the x1 would be lacking with out all those options , the ps4 is better in nearly every way and by them getting rid of the Kinect it just made it worse in my books . Both systems are great but the x1 has a lot more updates to do to get it good like the 360 is , but some are cool like the new achievement app it is real handy and I have been using it since I got it last week but they need to get a better store set up .
---
Ps4 is the console of consoles and the x1 is good also but We Want Games .
#8LittleKohakuPosted 7/3/2014 12:11:09 AM
godslayer1975 posted...
dormcaste posted...

agree I love it and I use all those features I personally feel the x1 would be lacking with out all those options , the ps4 is better in nearly every way and by them getting rid of the Kinect it just made it worse in my books . Both systems are great but the x1 has a lot more updates to do to get it good like the 360 is , but some are cool like the new achievement app it is real handy and I have been using it since I got it last week but they need to get a better store set up .

Right now as it stands I hate browsing the store. It is so counter productive and inefficient imo.
#9godslayer1975Posted 7/3/2014 12:12:51 AM
LittleKohaku posted...
ghstbstr posted...

you are a rare lucky guy because most people I know are on there 4 or 5th and then you have me I am on my 12th and that's all from the red lights of death time frame , a example the 3rd 360 sent to me from Microsoft was busted out of the box and then the next four were also busted it was a nightmare time for me and after all that they give me a lousy year free of live . since I got my slim 360 I have had no problems . the x1 is a different story
---
Ps4 is the console of consoles and the x1 is good also but We Want Games .
#10LittleKohakuPosted 7/3/2014 12:19:02 AM
godslayer1975 posted...
LittleKohaku posted...
ghstbstr posted...

you are a rare lucky guy because most people I know are on there 4 or 5th and then you have me I am on my 12th and that's all from the red lights of death time frame , a example the 3rd 360 sent to me from Microsoft was busted out of the box and then the next four were also busted it was a nightmare time for me and after all that they give me a lousy year free of live . since I got my slim 360 I have had no problems . the x1 is a different story

Don't get me wrong I understand the plight that everyone went through. However I don't think Microsoft deserves as much crap as they still get for something that's pretty much over now seeing as they delivered excellent service by taking the blame and putting out the cost needed to replace everyone system. Not saying this is you though. I read over my words and they sound serious but they are not. Of course I still know people to this day that won't buy an Xbox product because of the RRoD.