Graphics do not matter.

#1Jedi454Posted 6/30/2014 6:17:57 AM
Gameplay > Everything else in a game > Graphics. As long as the game is fun to play, who are you to say whether or not graphics for that particular game matter? It's up to the individual.

The Resolution buzzword has created the lamest flame war over games that are near identical.
---
Owner of: Ps3/ 360/ XB1/ Aesthetic mind
#2ThePaleRiderpPosted 6/30/2014 6:21:49 AM
How's the future 50 posts in everybody?
---
Valar morghulis
#3zianrePosted 6/30/2014 6:24:18 AM
Agreed the only reason I even have an hd tv is because I couldn't hook my xbox up to my old one.

Hell that old thing didn't even have all three composite cables.
#4TheRealPhattyJPosted 6/30/2014 6:26:18 AM
Sorry, dude, but this is a message board. One where people are going to compare the differences in systems so where one system is lacking in an area compared to another system is a valid point.

And, it's very funny and quite hypocritical of you to state that "something doesn't matter" and then go on to say how everyone has the right for themselves to decide the issue. All your saying is, "it's up to the individual to decide, but only as long as they agree with me." It makes you sound like the facists in charge of the US government.
#5MolotovManPosted 6/30/2014 6:27:59 AM
I agree with the flamewar comment, but it just isnt true. If gameplay was everything we would have never left the SNES era.
---
GT: MolotovMan1263
3770K / Asrock Pro4 / GByte 6950 / 8 GB RAM
#6Hucast9Posted 6/30/2014 6:30:23 AM
Graphics do matter. I am more convinced of the Mass Effect game world than I am of the Knights of the Old Republic game world because it looks better.

Take a masterpiece like Final Fantasy 6 for example. That game is a timeless classic with great gameplay. If they remade this game with better graphics using the full power of the new gen consoles, then the game would be obsolete. You see, old is crap. New is better.

Here's where the mandatory contrary replies will come in talking about how i'm wrong and it really doesn't matter. I would rather play Halo Combat Evolved Anniversary edition than Halo Combat Evolved.

Nostalgia makes people illogical most of the time.
#7InjusticeRebornPosted 6/30/2014 6:34:14 AM
MolotovMan posted...
I agree with the flamewar comment, but it just isnt true. If gameplay was everything we would have never left the SNES era.

Sick of seeing this.

More powerful/technical consoles at that time brought us something different that would aid in gameplay; 2D to 3D.

More powerful/technical consoles don't have to be focused on making things just to look prettier.
---
A train station is where a train stops. A bus station is where a bus stops. What about my PlayStation?
#8BeefEasterPosted 6/30/2014 6:42:51 AM
ok, you can stop

the board has reached it's reassurance quota for the month

save it for the 1st
---
I play with dolls: http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y153/BeefEaster/003_zps64d8bdd3.jpg
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y153/BeefEaster/001_zps33d21332.jpg
#9Jerk_BeefyPosted 6/30/2014 6:43:30 AM
Graphics do matter. It's a video game.

And SNES games are gorgeous.
#10TheRealPhattyJPosted 6/30/2014 6:46:10 AM
BeefEaster posted...
ok, you can stop

the board has reached it's reassurance quota for the month

save it for the 1st

but....but....that's a whole DAY away ;)