Gaming's Most Anticlimactic Moments

#21Demigod_ElessarPosted 6/30/2014 3:49:47 PM(edited)
Blade_Of_Ice posted...
Halo 3, garbage rehash of 1's ending level

Spent the entire game hoping and waiting to take on gravemind 1 on 1, and what do i get, guilty spark... **** you bungie

Agreed. Halo 3 was such a let down after what we all got in Halo 2. I, for one, loved the way they handled boss fights in Halo 2: the scarab, Heretic, Regret, and Tartarus.

So I had high hopes that boss fights would remain in Halo 3... perhaps we get to fight/kill Truth, and then ultimately the Gravemind (thought it had great final boss potential, or at least fighting him as you escape the Citadel or in the level "Cortana"). But instead all we got were lame cutscenes.

I did like the warthog run in Halo 3 more than 1 though... 3's felt more epic and catastrophic.
---
IRON MAIDEN IS MY RELIGION!
Gamertag: Demigod Elessar
#22Bikes-Posted 6/30/2014 3:56:04 PM
Porunga posted...
Assassin's Creed 1 ending.

3's was worse IMO, mostly because with 1 at least it was setting up latter plot, where 3 was a clunky ending to the main overarching plot (even if it also sets up another arc).

End of dead rising 1. it...it was just a stupid way to end it.

End of persona 3, it's confusing without the answer chapter. Which considering I played portable, I didn't play.
---
FC: 2921-9087-2265
#23pblimp360Posted 6/30/2014 4:06:16 PM
SigmaLongshot posted...
slowdog76 posted...
also, boo the mods for your other topic getting deleted

Thanks, slowdog. It's strange, every time I even attempt to post a topic and there's nothing about a Digital Foundry resolution comparison or "sales lol", it gets removed instantly, even if it's specifically to do with the Xbox One, an Xbox One trait, or the Xbox One community en-masse.

Which topic was deleted? That's just sad relly. A positive non-biased topic gets removed but countless troll and resolution garbage topics still remain smdh. The mods are ridiculous

As for anti-climatic, I'd have to say Halo 2. I don't get how anyone could be dissatisfied with Halo 3's ending at all. It tied up most everything and you literally "finished the fight". In 2 just when you think you're headed up to a big ass awesome space battle aboard the ancient Forerunner ship, it ends...Needless to say many were pissed, including myself. It also made the wait for Halo 3 that much worse.
---
Death isn't the exit of existence. It's the entrance into eternity. R.I.P Zora Nelson 3/6/13 Forever loved
#24SigmaLongshot(Topic Creator)Posted 6/30/2014 10:40:43 PM
pblimp360 posted...
SigmaLongshot posted...
slowdog76 posted...
also, boo the mods for your other topic getting deleted

Thanks, slowdog. It's strange, every time I even attempt to post a topic and there's nothing about a Digital Foundry resolution comparison or "sales lol", it gets removed instantly, even if it's specifically to do with the Xbox One, an Xbox One trait, or the Xbox One community en-masse.

Which topic was deleted? That's just sad relly. A positive non-biased topic gets removed but countless troll and resolution garbage topics still remain smdh. The mods are ridiculous

As for anti-climatic, I'd have to say Halo 2. I don't get how anyone could be dissatisfied with Halo 3's ending at all. It tied up most everything and you literally "finished the fight". In 2 just when you think you're headed up to a big ass awesome space battle aboard the ancient Forerunner ship, it ends...Needless to say many were pissed, including myself. It also made the wait for Halo 3 that much worse.

As for topics, all of my "Unbiased multi-platform gamer", "Best Silly Moments in Xbox Gaming" and "1001 Grains of Rice Theory, and how it applies to the XB1 Forum community" were deleted and moderated within an hour.
---
Double Jump Game Comics: http://doublejump.thecomicseries.com/
#25pblimp360Posted 6/30/2014 11:20:46 PM
Garbage moderations. Keep making these topics dude. We all enjoy them. :-)
---
Death isn't the exit of existence. It's the entrance into eternity. R.I.P Zora Nelson 3/6/13 Forever loved
#26TheMadTokerPosted 7/1/2014 12:44:49 AM
the xbone reveal
---
tserverweb.com/ terraria-server/2485-proxima-centauri-tshock-mediumcore-large-word-247/
#27jrr18Posted 7/1/2014 12:47:06 AM
N3xtG3nGam3r posted...
I'd have to say that Halo 2's ending was pretty whack. After the epicness of the first games last level and ending, Halo 2s ending felt like they got tired of working on the game and decided to cut it short.

Then came the long wait for Halo 3, which made me dwell on the ending of 2, which ended up really annoying me the last time I played through it.

I will say now though, since they are releasing the MCC, that the ending of 2 won't be bad at all, since I could play the last level of 2, and the first level of 3 back to back (very cool). More than anything it was knowing H2 would be the last halo I'd play on the original xbox. Waiting for that console gen to finish, another one to start, and Halo 3 to be made was going to take forever (I was also like 15 at that time, so that didn't help).

funny halo 2 and 3 were suposed to be the same game they ran out of time and had to split it up thats why the ending sucked.

Also rage i mean you give me a BFG in the last level and nothing to use it on I save all my round for a final battle or epic boss that wasn't there and got a video that showed nothing to resolve anything.
---
upjumped console peasant
PSN/steam jrr101
#28WOT BSPosted 7/1/2014 2:17:37 AM
Far Cry 3 vs vaas or vaz or w/e i dont even remember what happened
---
PSN: SociopathPhD
GT: Extract Hz
#29da_StoOgePosted 7/1/2014 2:25:54 AM
Fable 2's ending will always be number one for me. I put the controller down after that boss and didn't pick it up for about half an hour later. I couldn't believe it that was the boss they gave us.

The other one would be Medal of Honour Rising Sun.
I was playing this co-op with a friend and we were all ready for the next mission when the credits started rolling. It took maybe two hours to finish, had only a handful of levels, and the story ended at what felt like the halfway point.
---
Well I'll be damned. Watch Dogs is quite good.