A return to gaming Xbox one versus Atari 2600

#1pabasler66Posted 6/30/2014 4:44:36 PM
I guess you can call me a returnee. When I started on videogames it was the Atari 2600 and Pitfall, and Pacman. For the time being a teen, I thought those games were amazing graphically. Fast forward 20 some years, married and get a Wii to play with my now ex wife. Once again was like a little kid, playing sports resort, and Rayman, and Link Crossbow. I upgraded to a Wii u, but lost the wife.

As a divorce gift wanted to buy a new generation console. Debated between The One and Ps4, going for the Xbox due to the media capabilities. Ended up spending way to much on games, which I haven't played yet. I have the Marvel superheros, just dance, assassins creed black flag, zoo tycoon, and maybe missing one.

Been a lyrkwr for awhile but excited about actually using the machine for what it was made. As an older gamer it has been eye opening to see what it is capable of, game wise and graphically. What a great time to be even a casual gamer.
#2Syn_VengeancePosted 6/30/2014 4:52:00 PM
pabasler66 posted...
I guess you can call me a returnee. When I started on videogames it was the Atari 2600 and Pitfall, and Pacman. For the time being a teen, I thought those games were amazing graphically. Fast forward 20 some years, married and get a Wii to play with my now ex wife. Once again was like a little kid, playing sports resort, and Rayman, and Link Crossbow. I upgraded to a Wii u, but lost the wife.

As a divorce gift wanted to buy a new generation console. Debated between The One and Ps4, going for the Xbox due to the media capabilities. Ended up spending way to much on games, which I haven't played yet. I have the Marvel superheros, just dance, assassins creed black flag, zoo tycoon, and maybe missing one.

Been a lyrkwr for awhile but excited about actually using the machine for what it was made. As an older gamer it has been eye opening to see what it is capable of, game wise and graphically. What a great time to be even a casual gamer.

Agreed, even casual gamers can still have fun with the Xbone.
---
Currently Playing: COD: Ghosts, Battlefield 4.
Waiting For: COD: Advanced Warfare, BF: Hardline, The Division, Rainbow Six Seige.
#3slyman19Posted 6/30/2014 4:53:28 PM
Syn_Vengeance posted...
pabasler66 posted...

Agreed, even casual gamers can still have fun with the Xbone.

Anyone can.
#4GiarccpsnPosted 6/30/2014 5:03:03 PM
Congrats on your new found freedom and welcome back to the console world.
---
NNID | PSN ID | GT: JoeKnightt
#5Laylow12Posted 6/30/2014 5:07:23 PM
pabasler66 posted...

Oh man. Wait until you see what the PS4 graphics look like, you're going to flip!

---
The Queen of Light took her bow, and then she turned to go.
The Prince of Peace embraced the gloom, and walked the night alone.-Battle of Evermore/Zeppelin
#6pabasler66(Topic Creator)Posted 6/30/2014 5:20:17 PM
What I try to do is learn to be happy with what I have. Am still amazed at Xbox. Its like my car, I drive a Toyota Yaris. I don't want to try a Porsche, etc. The Xbox is an amazing machine.