I honestly have no idea how to get the "Xbox On" thing to work

#1zerooo0Posted 6/30/2014 6:55:39 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgbXsYL8-q0

This video, not the other Xbox stuff they where talking about, is basically my same exact experience trying to get the Kinect to turn on the X1, and it refuses to work. Every other feature works amazingly on the Kinect but "Xbox On". Anybody have any idea why? I think I got the settings correct.

Maybe if I play that commercial with Aaron Paul maybe it will turn on then.
---
Wars may be fought with weapons, but they are won by men. It is the spirit of men who follow and of the man who leads that gains the victory.--General Patton
#2garydavexxxPosted 6/30/2014 7:08:17 PM
A friend of mine has the thickest Scottish accent you have ever heard and he cannot get a single voice command to work, do you have an accent and did you select the dialect in the initial set up?
---
They picked an allegiance to a system. And they defend it and will lay their own lives for the console of their choosing. The Game of Consoles is just starting.
#3zerooo0(Topic Creator)Posted 6/30/2014 7:16:08 PM(edited)
I have a minor accent born and raised in the south but my speech impediment makes me sound German or some other European country haha, but every other command works perfectly besides "Xbox On". It just refuses to work, "Xbox Turn Off" works great, Xbox Snap works, and all the other commands work great.
---
Wars may be fought with weapons, but they are won by men. It is the spirit of men who follow and of the man who leads that gains the victory.--General Patton
#4BbrendoshiPosted 6/30/2014 7:17:56 PM
The only way I can get it to work is to put a slightly extended delay between the two words.

Xbox, on. Since then I've had no issues getting it working.
---
Gamertag/PSN/Steam: Sakori
#5zerooo0(Topic Creator)Posted 6/30/2014 7:18:58 PM
Bbrendoshi posted...
The only way I can get it to work is to put a slightly extended delay between the two words.

Xbox, on. Since then I've had no issues getting it working.

I've tried everything haha. I've done the delay as you mentioned and nothing. Kinect just looks at me laughing at me.
---
#6garydavexxxPosted 6/30/2014 7:21:39 PM
A speech impediment and an accent could be the issue but if the other commands work then probably not.

The most likely answer is a bug in the voice recognition software and if that is the case a fix for it will come at some point down the line. You'll just have to wait, it is only a trivial issue but those can be the most annoying :)
---
They picked an allegiance to a system. And they defend it and will lay their own lives for the console of their choosing. The Game of Consoles is just starting.
#7darkshadowmasterPosted 6/30/2014 7:22:58 PM
The only way for me to get it to work is if I am standing at most 2ft in front of the Kinect. Any further than that and it doesn't matter how loud I say it, it doesn't work.
---
When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading.
#8PizzatarianPosted 6/30/2014 7:27:28 PM
Could be lots of factors. Some people have complained that their Kinect doesn't recognize the tone of their voice, but will work for their girlfriends or kids just fine. While some other are saying that it could be because of high ceilings or too much ambient noise. All I can say is to make sure you console is set to instant on, and that you also turned on the option to turn on your TV with your Xbox under 'power settings'

Here is a video that describes how to effectively calibrate your Kinect: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FeLUcamiK0I
---
"When you work with your hands you'll never be rich but you'll never go hungry." ~ SR3
#9zerooo0(Topic Creator)Posted 6/30/2014 7:28:24 PM
garydavexxx posted...
A speech impediment and an accent could be the issue but if the other commands work then probably not.

The most likely answer is a bug in the voice recognition software and if that is the case a fix for it will come at some point down the line. You'll just have to wait, it is only a trivial issue but those can be the most annoying :)

I see, could it be a bug though even if it was like this since day one?
---
#10darkshadowmasterPosted 6/30/2014 7:28:58 PM
Oh, also that is the only command that doesn't work consistently.

Every other command works fine from anywhere else in the room.
---
When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading.