Guys the console wars are between Sony and Microsoft not gamers...

#1PlzstopflamingPosted 6/30/2014 7:08:13 PM
Seriously this is out of control. If I went up to Phil Spencer and said "how much am I benefitting the company and promoting your brand by bashing the playstation controller and exclusives" he would probably look at you like you were an idiot. 85% gamers make console decisions based off of 2 things:

Price
What friends are buying

There is no amount of resolution that can change me playing on a different system than all my friends. None of you have stock in either company so your vocal hatred does nothing but shadow gamers real discussions.

If I go to work and ask if anyone had a iPhone 5 charger I am not met with hate and anger for my purchase. They either say yes or no. Why? Because convincing me my purchase was bad does nothing for them.

I bought my xbox one at Walmart when I was looking for which I wanted guess what was shown. The PRICE and the GAMES. I did not see the system specs, I didn't see how many games were 1080/60 and I definitely didn't see a comment section that explained these differences. You know why? Because that kid and his parents buying the system DONT CARE. They look at the game their kid wants and if it's on the cheaper one look I saved 100 bucks. Features each system have make a difference a making them more enticing but was Sony bragging about it'd superior hardware in commercials and on the box? No so neither should Sony fans.

Signed, gamer
#2Combo626Posted 6/30/2014 7:22:37 PM
Logic has no place here!
YOU'RE A WITCH!
---
PREPARE FOR BATTTTTLLEEEE! - Frieza/Shao Kahn
#3phineasfoolPosted 6/30/2014 7:24:03 PM
Combo626 posted...
Logic has no place here!
YOU'RE A WITCH!

Burn her, burn the witch.

She turned me into a newt.
---
XBLive - phineasfool
NNID - phineasfool
#4garydavexxxPosted 6/30/2014 7:28:49 PM
Plzstopflaming posted...
Seriously this is out of control. If I went up to Phil Spencer and said "how much am I benefitting the company and promoting your brand by bashing the playstation controller and exclusives" he would probably look at you like you were an idiot. 85% gamers make console decisions based off of 2 things:

Price
What friends are buying

There is no amount of resolution that can change me playing on a different system than all my friends. None of you have stock in either company so your vocal hatred does nothing but shadow gamers real discussions.

If I go to work and ask if anyone had a iPhone 5 charger I am not met with hate and anger for my purchase. They either say yes or no. Why? Because convincing me my purchase was bad does nothing for them.

I bought my xbox one at Walmart when I was looking for which I wanted guess what was shown. The PRICE and the GAMES. I did not see the system specs, I didn't see how many games were 1080/60 and I definitely didn't see a comment section that explained these differences. You know why? Because that kid and his parents buying the system DONT CARE. They look at the game their kid wants and if it's on the cheaper one look I saved 100 bucks. Features each system have make a difference a making them more enticing but was Sony bragging about it'd superior hardware in commercials and on the box? No so neither should Sony fans.

Signed, gamer

Agree with everything apart from only buying games that my friends are planning on buying.

I have never taken into consideration what games my friends are playing or planning to get. That is 100% sheep mentality.
---
They picked an allegiance to a system. And they defend it and will lay their own lives for the console of their choosing. The Game of Consoles is just starting.
#5Plzstopflaming(Topic Creator)Posted 6/30/2014 7:34:42 PM
Never said game decisions based off friends. Said console decisions. If my friends all buy xboxes and I get a ps4 I won't have as much fun because I can't play games we both want to play together
#6garydavexxxPosted 6/30/2014 7:42:11 PM
Plzstopflaming posted...
Never said game decisions based off friends. Said console decisions. If my friends all buy xboxes and I get a ps4 I won't have as much fun because I can't play games we both want to play together

Ah yes sorry I misread you're post, but I can honestly say I've never brought a console based on my friends decision either and the idea of other people doing so just baffles me. I can understand wanting to play games with friends but it should not be a crucial deciding factor in you're purchase. Not trying to be arguemental here just voicing my opinion
---
They picked an allegiance to a system. And they defend it and will lay their own lives for the console of their choosing. The Game of Consoles is just starting.
#7copycat2008Posted 6/30/2014 7:43:45 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#8Impaired MedicPosted 6/30/2014 7:45:45 PM
Trying to stop something that's been happening since The Great War with a topic on a message board. Heh.
---
". . ." ~That guy from GTA3
#9quincy2000aPosted 6/30/2014 7:47:24 PM
Plzstopflaming posted...
85% gamers make console decisions based off of 2 things:

Price
What friends are buying

85%? Okay, not gonna ask where you pulled that figure from...

But I'll say that I'm in the 15%.

The X1 was $500 not $400--and I bought it first, rather than the PS4. So it wasn't the price.

Then I bought the PS4.

And I don't care one whit what my friends buy.

But then that may also explain why I am so quick to point out the graphic differences I see between the two systems on the multiplatformers I play.

Not to the extent you suggest, with hate and anger, but I do see the difference and it does matter to me.
---
"Correct. Xbox One is Kinect." Microsoft VP
Really...seems this Day One Edition purchaser was "Madoff-ed by Microsoft."
#10DarthUchiha91Posted 6/30/2014 7:52:05 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
---
The Delay game is GOTY 2014!