#21EstocassassinPosted 7/1/2014 10:01:48 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#22DerekRossPosted 7/1/2014 10:04:33 AM
#23Robin_MaskPosted 7/1/2014 10:05:00 AM
Estocassassin posted...
lunchbox2042 posted...
Bioware makes me sick these days.

Whilst you are just being a d***, i would like to know why bioware has this obsession with sexual orientation. Bioware kind of makes a point about this in all of their games, but shouldn't they be trying to casually slip it in and not make it a huge part of how you develop character relation?

The whole gay pride thing is a huge movement and they are practically DEMANDING that gay characters get made. It's gotten to the point where they call out anything that they don't like as "homophobic" as a counter.
---
Fighting gamer, always loyal to my mains and need them if I want to play the games. If I can't find an appeal, I won't bother.
#24boolzeroPosted 7/1/2014 10:12:17 AM(edited)
*shrugs*

As a man I've indulged my girl/girl exploration (as I'm sure many others have as well) with several roleplaying games and games in general in the past (which has seemed the far more acceptable thing found in games)... I see no problem with everyone getting to indulge their fantasies playfully in a video game. I'd say it's about time actually... It may not be my kind of playful exploration but I have no problem with the fact of others fairly having the option...

And that's what this comes down to. Options. You're not forced so there is no need for feeling offended or ones sensibilities somehow accosted. Options are nice, despite how some may want to dictate to the contrast...
---
Death is a dish best served with gravy...
#25SaQu1BPosted 7/1/2014 10:16:43 AM
#26LittleKohakuPosted 7/1/2014 10:18:01 AM
Robin_Mask posted...
Estocassassin posted...
lunchbox2042 posted...
Bioware makes me sick these days.

Whilst you are just being a d***, i would like to know why bioware has this obsession with sexual orientation. Bioware kind of makes a point about this in all of their games, but shouldn't they be trying to casually slip it in and not make it a huge part of how you develop character relation?

The whole gay pride thing is a huge movement and they are practically DEMANDING that gay characters get made. It's gotten to the point where they call out anything that they don't like as "homophobic" as a counter.

I agree. If you don't have gay it's because you hate gay. But what does it matter. Video Games are not the platform to make a political statement and I'm tired of people trying real hard to get it there. If the development team is composed of heterosexual people chances are they won't even think about including gay in their game. There is nothing wrong with this. It is perfectly fine to be heterosexual and not include homosexual content in your life. This doesn't make you a bad person or a bigot as long as you don't go out of your way to attack it. It is bigotry to force heterosexuals to experience homosexuality because you disagree with their choice to be exclusively heterosexual. And that's what it is when you say "You don't have gay in this, it's because you hate gay." It's gotten to where these movements are as much bigots as the bigots they are trying to get rid of. I have plenty of gay friends that are finally married and I couldn't be happier for them. I'm just thankful that they were smart enough to go through a legal union instead of getting a movement together to force a church or religious figure to do it. Most of them believe homosexuals have no right to force change on religion just as religion has no right to force change on them. So why can't we all just not care and live our lives the way we want.

With that said I'm not too worried about it in a Bioware game as they are pretty good with not forcing sexual content on the player. It's there but you can choose not go around having sex with people (like any reasonable adult) so it will just be one of those things that the option is there.
#27Jiggy101011Posted 7/1/2014 10:20:34 AM
ElPolloDiablo87 posted...
bob15x posted...
i thought the elf thief from dragon age 1 was full gay.

I believe Zevran was bi, along with every character in DA2.

All of a sudden in ME3 my maleshep was flirting with everyone on the Normandy. Apparently you can't just be friendly with a guy in a Bioware game without them thinking you want to bang them silly.

Just because I want to know your back story Cortez doesn't mean that after 2 games i'm going to switch teams.
---
Gamertag: F1RE v2 PSN ID: F1REx
Currently Playing: Watch Dogs, Assassins Creed Brotherhood, South Park: The Stick of Truth
#28UtterMoonPosted 7/1/2014 10:20:56 AM
And here they come...bursting out of the woodworks...I swear to get a 500 post topic all you need to do is mention the word gay on these boards...and last I checked Leliana was a fully gay female. SO I don't see the problem here....
#29WinternovaPosted 7/1/2014 10:22:12 AM
LittleKohaku posted...
Video Games are not the platform to make a political statement

Really? Because they've been used that way since the 1980s.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Balance_of_Power_%28video_game%29
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMKUUUvjjzo
Fan of: Steelers(6-time Champions), Red Wings(11-time Champions)
#30InjusticeRebornPosted 7/1/2014 10:30:25 AM
No idea why the feel the need to reveal it as something 'big'.

They should have just released the game, let people find out themselves, and then possibly reap the rewards of not being shy for having a 'fully gay' character.

But no, they single him out.

How come we've seen no 'headline news' about straight characters?
---
A train station is where a train stops. A bus station is where a bus stops. What about my PlayStation?