Dragon Age: Inquisition Features Bioware's First 'Fully Gay' Male... *_*

#241Reichmaster01Posted 7/2/2014 6:32:25 PM
I was thinking more in procreation terms. If you consider that selfish though, then most decisions are inherently so.
#242DrakoVongola1Posted 7/2/2014 6:35:51 PM
Surrogacy is an option >_>

Never understood the idea of "But my grandchildren must have my family's genes!" Not trying to put you down or anything, but I really don't get it.
---
Official leader of the Illuminati.
#243Sith JediPosted 7/2/2014 6:37:43 PM
cymanx posted...
Sith Jedi posted...
Skimmed the topic and saw this response several times, "I don't want it shoved down my throat!"

First of all, phrasing, boom!

But this response makes no sense. How does the mere existence of a gay character mean they're shoving it down your throat? If you see a black character in a game, do you get mad because they're shoving that down your throat? What about a woman character? Or a paraplegic?

Just having a gay character in a game isn't pushing some grand agenda or forcing people to accept it. It's just one of the characteristics of one of the characters.

I went on to answer this seperately because I think I can explain this better. By "shoving it down my throat" people mean specifically that someone mentions something in an inappropriate time just to "clear things up", kind've like "Hello, I'm <name> and gay, now you have to shake my hand or else you hate me for being gay." You know, when people are unnecessarily forceful and aggressive about their identity. A good example being the inquisitor being engaged in a battle against the darkspawn. This would be a bit too distracting and could wait til muuuuch later. It's the same for anything really, religion is a definite example of something being shoved down your throat.

Kind've like "I'm a Jew/Christian/etc) you have to acknowladge that I'm right or go to hell you douche!"

Like someone else said, pretty much nobody does that. If they did, you'd have every right to hate them. Not for being gay but for being a huge douche bag. But in terms of the game, it's even less applicable. There's nobody forcing you into accepting it or calling you out, it's just a character in a game. And nobody even knows how big of a part his gayness plays in the game. If it played a huge roll in the game, like mandatory missions to have him romance another dude, I could see the argument. But for all we know, he's just a normal character like the rest, who just happens to be gay.
---
https://www.youtube.com/user/Bandin6385/
#244cymanxPosted 7/2/2014 9:50:54 PM
DrakoVongola1 posted...
IceHusky posted...
DrakoVongola1 posted...
Stop trying to use my insult against me, it doesn't work that way when I am factually right. This isn't my opinion, this is fact, sexuality is absolutely not a choice. Think about it, why the f*** would someone choose to be gay when people like me have been, and in many places still are, persecuted and f***ing murdered? I mean seriously, if you think about it for more than a goddamn second it should be pretty obvious.

Of course you can choose what he's exposed to, I'm just trying to understand why you think murder is okay but homosexuality isn't. I'm just trying to understand why it's so bad for you to think he could possibly turn out gay. I'm still waiting for an answer on why it f***ing matters.

So being gay is not a choice, but being bisexual is a choice? Which, bisexual is pretty much the same thing as being gay, except a person enjoys the opposite sex too. Do you see the fallacy in that kind of thought process?

DrakoVongola1 posted...
and even then you aren't choosing to be into both sexes.

You don't read too well, do you? I was saying that's the only way anyone could think of it as a choice, and even then it's really not.

Reichmaster01 posted...
I have actually stated in a few posts that there is nothing wrong with homosexuality, even in video games. You need to sit down, light up a cigar and relax.

I will say once again, I have no problem with homosexuality, murder or sex in videogames. I don't think it is appropriate for either of those things to be mixed together in the same cutscene.

Just because being gay wasn't a choice for you (maybe it was a subconscious one though) don't assume that it is the same for everyone else. That sir, is the very definition of ignorance.

You did say that, but here you are saying it's not appropriate for your kid to see. That tells me you have an issue with it. I don't get why you think it's so bad for your kid to be exposed to it if you don't see it as wrong.

I'm not assuming, go ask gay people, go look at the research and the studies, it's not a choice. I'm not foolish enough to use just my own experiences with something like this.

Actually, it is wrong to educate expose someone else's child to subject matter that they do not want their child exposed too. It is up to either the parent to decide or up to the child to ask question. But, if they aren't harming their own children physically or mentally, then you really have no right to tell them what to do. The same goes for gay or bisexual parents, just how it goes. Unless you desire to personally have a hand in shaping that child's future, then your mouthing off is still that.
---
Oh crap, I lost 3 Karma... Whatever will I do? I guess it truly is the end of the world..."
#245cymanxPosted 7/2/2014 9:52:18 PM
DrakoVongola1 posted...
A little selfish, but I suppose I can accept it. You do know we can still have kids though, right? Being gay does not make your dick stop working, it still works quite well :P

I suppose one day it will be scientifically possible for two males to concieve a child, lol...
---
Oh crap, I lost 3 Karma... Whatever will I do? I guess it truly is the end of the world..."
#246Reichmaster01Posted 7/2/2014 9:56:24 PM
cymanx posted...
DrakoVongola1 posted...
A little selfish, but I suppose I can accept it. You do know we can still have kids though, right? Being gay does not make your dick stop working, it still works quite well :P

I suppose one day it will be scientifically possible for two males to concieve a child, lol...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AdB9pnEsL2s
#247OpheliaAdenadePosted 7/2/2014 9:59:39 PM
Unless you're planning on raising your children inside a bubble and never letting them out, trying to control what they are exposed to outside of your home is a pointless endeavor and is setting them up for problems later on. You're just delaying it. Isn't it the job of the parents to prepare their children for the world?

I mean they are going to encounter gay people eventually. I mean hell, there are openly gay school teachers now. Sheltering your child from "teh ghey" is a futile and pointless effort. God forbid you teach them open-mindedness so they don't act like a tool when confronted with things like that.
---
They say she's low down, but it's just a rumor I don't believe 'em.
#248DrakoVongola1Posted 7/2/2014 10:01:35 PM
cymanx posted...
Actually, it is wrong to educate expose someone else's child to subject matter that they do not want their child exposed too. It is up to either the parent to decide or up to the child to ask question. But, if they aren't harming their own children physically or mentally, then you really have no right to tell them what to do. The same goes for gay or bisexual parents, just how it goes. Unless you desire to personally have a hand in shaping that child's future, then your mouthing off is still that.

I never told him he couldn't, I just think it's pretty stupid of him to do so. I can't tell him what to do, regrettably I am not God, I can't just tell people to do something and have them do it. If I could I'd be too busy surrounded by hot guys all day to debate with people on the internet :P

It can be mentally damaging actually. I can tell you as someone who grew up in a household that barred me from seeing content which displayed homosexuality in any sort of positive light it was very difficult for me to come to terms with my sexuality. It's a very painful experience believing that having those thoughts makes you some freak that will burn in hell for all eternity.

Of course now that s*** doesn't bother me. I'm damn proud to be a freak, and if I end up in hell so be it, all the funnest people are there, not to mention all the best bands :P
---
#249DrakoVongola1Posted 7/2/2014 10:04:03 PM
cymanx posted...
DrakoVongola1 posted...

Actually I do remember reading something about babies with 3 parents being possible in the near future >_>

Long as it doesn't happen naturally I'm good, the fact that I can't accidentally have kids is one of the best parts of being gay really :D
---
#250Laylow12Posted 7/2/2014 10:10:10 PM(edited)
These threads always deliver. Don't stop believing. Hold on to that feeling!

---
The Queen of Light took her bow, and then she turned to go.
The Prince of Peace embraced the gloom, and walked the night alone.-Battle of Evermore/Zeppelin