Dragon Age: Inquisition Features Bioware's First 'Fully Gay' Male... *_*

#31LittleKohakuPosted 7/1/2014 9:38:44 AM
Winternova posted...
LittleKohaku posted...
Video Games are not the platform to make a political statement

Really? Because they've been used that way since the 1980s.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Balance_of_Power_%28video_game%29

There is a difference between a game that is designed to make a political statement such as MGS 2 and the Patriot Act and rights movement activist forcing developers to include content. If you want to make a game about homosexual rights that is one thing but forcing developers to add the content or be considered a bigot isn't right. Video games are not the place for rights movements to make their statements. If they want to develop their own games that's one thing but they have no business forcing their agenda against something that is suppose to be an escape from normal reality.

Sorry you didn't understand what I meant in my original post I'll try to be more clear.
#32SnickleseedPosted 7/1/2014 9:42:57 AM
UhOh-Spagetios posted...
Who cares

---
not changing this sig until "being an idiot" is a moderation reason
#33drclaeysPosted 7/1/2014 9:49:18 AM
Friends,

I feel like half of the comments on here, that say " this makes me sick", are people making jokes.

Im 51 years old, and I have come to accept this fact. People are just people, gay or straight. We have alot more problems in the world then to worry about this NON issue.

Thank you for sharing. For the people that REALLY have a problem with this, you need to get out and live alittle. See the world.

Thank you.
---
Dr. Darrell of Michigan
I have been to Ukraine 3 times, My wife and daughter are from Ukraine. Republicans are SOMEHOW to blame.
#34JusSumGuy88Posted 7/1/2014 9:49:39 AM
Right now...putting a gay character in any video game, movie or anything of the like will boost sales....it's a hot topic right now and every media outlet knows it. Me, personally....IDC . Not to mention this doesn't seem like anything revolutionary to me seeing as how you could romance male characters since DA1. So...whatever.. who really cares? lol. *kanye shrug*
---
Gamertag - Da Milli Man
PSN - DaMilliMan
#35boolzeroPosted 7/1/2014 9:56:31 AM
LittleKohaku posted...
Winternova posted...
LittleKohaku posted...
Video Games are not the platform to make a political statement

Really? Because they've been used that way since the 1980s.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Balance_of_Power_%28video_game%29

There is a difference between a game that is designed to make a political statement such as MGS 2 and the Patriot Act and rights movement activist forcing developers to include content. If you want to make a game about homosexual rights that is one thing but forcing developers to add the content or be considered a bigot isn't right. Video games are not the place for rights movements to make their statements. If they want to develop their own games that's one thing but they have no business forcing their agenda against something that is suppose to be an escape from normal reality.

Sorry you didn't understand what I meant in my original post I'll try to be more clear.

I'm unclear as to what you are actually arguing... Was Bioware somehow forced to include this content? I'm just not understanding where this information is coming from. Also, just to contrast your argument: if it isn't right to make games that push a political agenda, then shouldn't the same be said about films or religion? I don't see many people complaining that we've had several high profile religiously charged movies released this year (Noah, Heaven is for Real, Son of God, Give Me Shelter, God's Not Dead, etc)...

I'm just saying... Perspective. Let's keep some. I think we are getting a little disingenuous with these claims that some how developers are "forced"... What it probably is is just artistic expression and artistic exploration, nothing more. These themes could probably offer compelling storytelling opportunities, which seems more likely the case...
---
Death is a dish best served with gravy...
#36ExDiosPosted 7/1/2014 10:01:54 AM
So long as his gayness isn't forced upon me, I don't care.
---
Gamertag: Sicario XII
Nintendo ID: Exdios
#37Bellum_SacrumPosted 7/1/2014 10:02:19 AM
Pre-order cancelled.
---
"Now go ahead and leap ignorantly to the defense of wealthy game companies who don't know or care about you."
#38VoidBeyondPosted 7/1/2014 10:05:08 AM
My reaction to a fully gay character is

"K"
---
GT: CynicalRaptor26//PSN: DuodecimKnight//Steam: Soontowait
FC: 2981-6641-9175//NNID: RaptorCats//Origin: SecondcityTakk
#39Xero KaiserPosted 7/1/2014 10:09:58 AM
Wasn't Zevhran gay? You couldn't have conversation with that dude without him trying to jump all over your goddamn nutsack. Got annoying pretty quick.

Either way, I ignore romance options in games so I don't give a **** about this, or any other character being gay.
#40jbraleyPosted 7/1/2014 10:10:40 AM
To everyone going " OMG preorder cancelled" or "Im not exposing my child to this" must not have played the previous games......this isnt something new.
---
FC: 5000-2917-5159
Safari Fighting: Tyrouge