My Xbone randomly goes to the homescreen while I'm playing a game.

#1Flamingace18Posted 7/1/2014 11:11:35 AM
This has happened several times and I've decided to finally see if this was a common thing or a glitch or something.

Very frustrating to be playing 2K and then lose all my progress and get taken back to the homescreen.
---
Oklahoma City Thunder, Texas Rangers, St Louis Rams, and Oklahoma Sooners fan. http://cdn2.sbnation.com/assets/3914361/Russ-Troll_medium.gif
#2lonelyhuntrPosted 7/1/2014 11:15:27 AM
The xbox sometimes force closes games from what I'm told. I don't know why though.
---
Video games make you smarter. If it wasn't for Monster Hunter i would have never noticed that 60 was divisible by 1,2,3,4,5,6,10,12 and 15.
GT: lonelyhuntr
#3BadLuckIncPosted 7/1/2014 11:22:22 AM
Possibly try to clear your system's cache by holding down the power button for 10 seconds then releasing. Start up the system and let it boot back up, and any issue like that should be fixed.

This is what almost every problem I have had with the Xbox One (which there has been almost none) fixed its issues.
---
Xbox One Day 1 Edition! Add me~
Xbox Live: Bad Luck Ink | Twitch: badluckink
#4pblimp360Posted 7/1/2014 11:30:04 AM
Dude...Call Ghostbusters ASAP!
---
Death isn't the exit of existence. It's the entrance into eternity. R.I.P Zora Nelson 3/6/13 Forever loved
#5crynryanPosted 7/1/2014 11:54:07 AM
lonelyhuntr posted...
The xbox sometimes force closes games from what I'm told. I don't know why though.

It's because instead of locking up your console like older consoles did when games freeze, it just returns you to the dasboard.
---
(>O_O)> <(o_o<)
(>O_O)> <(o_o<)
#6suicide machinePosted 7/1/2014 12:38:38 PM
i used to get this a LOT early on, but i haven't had any crashing issues since a few updates ago.
---
Visit M Slender's Wide World of Gorts! Geeks and Sports Fans, unite!: http://m-slender.tumblr.com
GT: M Slender | Xb1 vids: http://www.youtube.com/soulcoffin
#7boolzeroPosted 7/1/2014 12:48:17 PM
Flamingace18 posted...
This has happened several times and I've decided to finally see if this was a common thing or a glitch or something.

Very frustrating to be playing 2K and then lose all my progress and get taken back to the homescreen.

Make sure you have all your updates.

Also make sure that you quit out of apps and games that you are not using. When on the home screen move over any squares of recently used apps and games and hit the start button. A list if options will pop up. Hit "Quit". This will free up any memory being sucked up.

Treat you console like you should your phone or tablets, making sure to close out apps you are not using...
---
Death is a dish best served with gravy...
#8kennyynnooPosted 7/1/2014 12:59:53 PM
Yep you need to quit games and apps before playing a game, to many running games or apps do this.
---
Xbox one, PS3, Wii
Play for the games not the evil corporation, they're all evil in the end.
#9berriesisdeadPosted 7/1/2014 6:02:07 PM
I was having that problem with Forza. I just installed it again and it works fine.
#10snowboard340Posted 7/1/2014 6:09:53 PM
crynryan posted...
lonelyhuntr posted...

It's because instead of locking up your console like older consoles did when games freeze, it just returns you to the dasboard.

This, it has to do with the specific app/game