XBOX ONE finally over takes the PS4 in USA!

#31EleckzarPosted 7/1/2014 1:44:21 PM
dnmt posted...
TOhasNoRing posted...
Once Halo 5 comes out and it bundles with the xbox one, that will be the time the xbox one really starts to sell a great number of units.

That's a full year and a half from now, you know.

Which is also when PS4 counters with their Uncharted 4 bundle so the numbers will stay the same.
---
Gamertag: Eleckzar
PSN: Eleckzar
#32Styrof0amPosted 7/1/2014 2:10:14 PM
Izraeil posted...
If we take that poll seriously we have to accept that 75% of the console gamers are interested in Halo, while in reality at it's peak Halo has only been played by 5-8% of the console gamers.

No we don't have to accept any numberds. As I said, the sample could've been bigger. All the poll does is indicate, that there MIGHT actually be an interest in Halo MCC big enough to sell some consoles.

Do you have a source for that 5-8% claim?

---

No commentary. No advertisements. Gameplay only ... http://www.youtube.com/user/kyllingefod
#33IzraeilPosted 7/1/2014 2:20:47 PM
Styrof0am posted...
Izraeil posted...
If we take that poll seriously we have to accept that 75% of the console gamers are interested in Halo, while in reality at it's peak Halo has only been played by 5-8% of the console gamers.

No we don't have to accept any numberds. As I said, the sample could've been bigger. All the poll does is indicate, that there MIGHT actually be an interest in Halo MCC big enough to sell some consoles.

Do you have a source for that 5-8% claim?

No I don't have a source, I pulled that out of my ass tbh.
But if we look at the numbers, 6th gen top selling Halo was Halo which sold 8.5 million copies.
Total number of consoles sold in 6th gen were around 210 units.
8.5 is around 4% of 210.

Last gen the highest selling Halo was Halo 3 which sold 14.5 million units, and total consoles sold at this point are over 265 million, 14.5 is 5.5% of 265.

So yeah the highest percentage of console gamers at it's peak Halo has reached is 5.5%. And Halo is one of the biggest franchises in gaming.

This is why I think No one game can ever do much to sell a console, it's the overall library that matters, a bunch of games that sell moderate amounts sell more consoles than one game that sells 10 million.
#34AgentLockePosted 7/1/2014 2:23:45 PM
Yea dude if you wanna bring up halo at its peak I think it would be a little higher, Halo 2 stayed the most played game on xbox live for at least 3 years. Let's hope it still holds some of that magic.
---
Italy to win the cup for the 5th time! Let's go Azzurri!!!
#35IzraeilPosted 7/1/2014 2:25:29 PM
AgentLocke posted...
Yea dude if you wanna bring up halo at its peak I think it would be a little higher, Halo 2 stayed the most played game on xbox live for at least 3 years. Let's hope it still holds some of that magic.

It should be higher going by the hype, but I'm not about to fight against numbers...
#36blacklabelicePosted 7/1/2014 2:25:35 PM
wow. thats alot of money that ill never get to see.

remind me again, just why am i supposed to care? i think ill go play a video game now.
#37Joey-ZazaPosted 7/1/2014 2:30:12 PM
I am excited about things.
---
"The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed." - The Dark Tower I
#38youngskillzPosted 7/1/2014 2:34:46 PM
game over for sony, atleast in north america.
---
Metal Bands OTM -- Arch Enemy, Aborted, Eye of the Enemy, The Wake, Exhortation, Deals Death, Mechanical God Creation, Fractal Gates, Destinity, Isolated.
#39VirobotPosted 7/1/2014 2:36:39 PM
Yay we won! All of us peasants that don't really have anything to do with either company have won!

This is a great victory for all! We should all be very proud, we worked so hard to achieve this.
---
PSN/Steam:Jareski
This is a PSX: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PSX_(video_game_console) |||| It's not a PS1!!!!!!!!
#40Garage_ManPosted 7/1/2014 2:38:54 PM
Wait so VGchartz is okay now? Some of you pull more 180s than MS themselves!