XBOX ONE finally over takes the PS4 in USA!

#91Garage_ManPosted 7/2/2014 12:22:27 AM
Phrostbyte101 posted...
Garage_Man posted...
Phrostbyte101 posted...
That's great news for everyone. Happy Microsoft didn't end up falling behind in the states. We all lose if one company gets left behind in the dust to far.

Not really....the BEST times in gaming were when one console ruled the others. Last generation is the perfect example of this.

The way I saw last gen it wasn't. Ps3 fell so far behind that Xbox stopped trying and gave them enough time to get their eggs together for a stronger finish. Xbox had no reason to spend any extra money on IPS or improve Xbox live service to keep it relevant (free games). If both have same sales one is more likely to try to do something that says "pick me"

Ehh I disagree. Game wise (opinions vary) last generation was the worse since the early 90s. Here is my reason why I prefer one console domination...you are free to disagree.

Games. When we have developers developing for 3 different systems trying to optimize each one the game as a whole will take a hit on quality. This might he cheaping out in writers, strategic people, artists, or even marketing. We get lesser games because they are forced to match parity. Look at destiny, they already said the x1 and ps4 version will be the same...we are only 9? Months into the generation now.

Also first party...oh god Sony kicked out so many games during the ps2. They had that stupid high install base so even if only a few million people bought a game they still made cash. If we see a platform with less sales we are less likely to see them take risks. Look at Nintendo playing it super safe...they aren't dumb. Investing 100m into a Wii U game would be insane. If they had controlling share of the market...not so insane.

Services come along. Sony would have been forced to go online sooner or later, maybe if they weremt rushed into it the thing might be good...who knows and who cares about what ifs.

Point is last gen we saw less risks, we saw multiplayer tacked on at the expense of the SP experience, we saw gaming in general go social, basically it became less about the games imo. It became more about sales and $$$.

Just my opinion on it.
#92godslayer1975Posted 7/2/2014 12:22:48 AM
Run_2_the_Hills posted...
Garage_Man posted...
Phrostbyte101 posted...
That's great news for everyone. Happy Microsoft didn't end up falling behind in the states. We all lose if one company gets left behind in the dust to far.

Not really....the BEST times in gaming were when one console ruled the others. Last generation is the perfect example of this.

nah, when sony ruled looked what happened next gen. get a 2nd job. MS thought it ruled and look at the original x1 plans. you'd want that?

I agree competition is better than one ruling it all , that way the gamer wins but with one it would be whatever that one says goes and would not ever mix stuff up .
---
Ps4 is the console of consoles and the x1 is good also but We Want Games .
#93IzraeilPosted 7/2/2014 12:23:44 AM
godslayer1975 posted...
Are you joking , since the release the ps4 has sold more every single month and not once has the x1 beat them in NA and they do it once for one month only and it only took lowering the price and removing the Kinect so sorry that is not something that is so great and should be bragged about . I love my x1 but these topics are so stupid, also it will take along time for the x1 to catch up at that rate of sales anyway but who cares if you like the x1 or ps4 you don't need to try and shove it in every ones face . When you make topics like these you sound like a fanboy because they are the only one's who truly care about the sales and try to argue there point of them or the whole 1080p topics. Try enjoying the system for your self instead having the need to try and reassure your self on the console you purchased.

Not for the month, just one week, PS4 is still leading by 17k for the month so far according to VGC.
#94Garage_ManPosted 7/2/2014 12:25:23 AM
Run_2_the_Hills posted...
Garage_Man posted...
Phrostbyte101 posted...

nah, when sony ruled looked what happened next gen. get a 2nd job. MS thought it ruled and look at the original x1 plans. you'd want that?

Even with the cocky attitude (like really sony...grow up) they had a solid system. You seen what they did with it, now imagine if they would have had 70% of the market...I bet we could have seen some amazing things. But that doesnt matter much now does it?
#95nableetPosted 7/2/2014 12:27:12 AM
kcypher2000 posted...
Exnoobish posted...
Pulp posted...
Vgchartz #s are only good for old numbers, after reliable other sources are released and vgchartz corrects their estimates.

It really is dumb to declare their estimates even close to factual given the historical margin of error.

/shrug

This

But according to their historical data the ps4 only sold like 400k more than the xbox one in the US and since we all know only the US matters it begs the question where is this 4 million gap. Its definitely not in any of those other 54 countries since we all know those don't count according to pony logic....

This argument is a pretty bad one.

PS3 was outsold in the US by the xbox 360 by just shy of 20M (almost 2:1).

Xbone is currently being outsold by the PS4 by 400k. To go from a 2:1 lead to less than 1:1 is a bad thing.

Europe had PS3 up by 6-7M. Japan up by 10M. Rest of the world up by 3M.

So where are MS going to make a come back? They are losing in their biggest market.

P.s I know this is based on the last gen, but what have MS shown that could swing it?
---
GT: Tyfighta23. PSN: Tee_Doff
#96TeleriumPosted 7/2/2014 3:48:41 AM
X1 sales will likely see a spike because of the Kinectless SKU and during the Halo releases in the future but they'll fall off pretty soon, see Titanfall as precedent. Also it's been coming off as desperate whenever someone posts "higher sales than PS4 this week!"
...in a single market. This isn't the first time.
#97CharadeSmithPosted 7/2/2014 3:51:11 AM
Poor wording. The PS4 is still 500-600k ahead of the Xbox one.
---
Me: PS4 will outsell Wii (100 million) if new gen doesn't start before late 2019
#98Wii_TruthPosted 7/2/2014 3:51:37 AM
SizableMattress posted...
If that info is true, I'd say it's definitely because of the Kinectless version. But my opinion on these things honestly doesn't matter; I haven't bought either system yet.

Nailed it.
#99rusty12000Posted 7/2/2014 4:05:26 AM
for a week...
---
Everything EA contributed to gamers around the world in one youtube clip
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBoesEFWZnM
#100MasteroftheArtsPosted 7/2/2014 5:00:53 AM
Vgchartz has routinely over-tracked X1 numbers since the console released. It is almost certain that the numbers will be adjusted in favor of PS4 in the weeks to come.
---
"I refuse to prove that I exist" says God. "For proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing..."