All they had to do is make Phil Spencer head from the beginning

#1docman864Posted 7/1/2014 1:02:01 PM
screw Don Mattrick. Never liked the guy.
---
"Interactive movie = Video game" --- TheNewWave
Beyond: Two Souls is GOTY of 2013
#2TreeFiddy93Posted 7/1/2014 1:04:49 PM
Agreed. I'm not a big microsoft guy, but Phil Spencer seems like a cool dude. Don always seemed like a bit of a tool to me.
---
"There is perhaps no greater barrier to faith, than intellect."
#3docman864(Topic Creator)Posted 7/1/2014 1:09:46 PM(edited)
Sony has Yoshida, while MS has Phil Spencer. Phil Spencer seems like the kind of guy you would hang out with. And that Phantom Dust Reboot announcement......is like a direct message from him.
---
"Interactive movie = Video game" --- TheNewWave
Beyond: Two Souls is GOTY of 2013
#4cymanxPosted 7/1/2014 1:20:19 PM
I think with this chance in leadership, the X-1 has a chance to smash the PS4 into the ground. But it'll be a long road ahead before that becomes a reality. I hope one of the changes that he makes is making the dashboard less ugly, more visually appealing.
---
Oh crap, I lost 3 Karma... Whatever will I do? I guess it truly is the end of the world..."
#5cymanxPosted 7/1/2014 1:20:43 PM
change*
---
Oh crap, I lost 3 Karma... Whatever will I do? I guess it truly is the end of the world..."
#6hoggys2much99Posted 7/1/2014 1:21:41 PM
Agreed!

I do not know very much if anything about this Phil Spencer but Don Mattrick was just a Grade A class clown, tool and total joke of the first order. I mean he didn't even have the guts to stick around and get fired by MS. Whoever it was that hired that utter moron in Mattrick in the first place should be fired themselves.

Don't MS do any checking before hiring? If they had they would have seen that Mattrick had already stuffed up a couple of companies before they hired them and that the guy is so far out of touch with reality it is laughable.

I hate Mattrick's guts with a passion.
---
GT: hoggys2much
Don't **** with a Witch - Bayonetta
#7Garage_ManPosted 7/1/2014 1:31:38 PM
First time I saw Phil was the e3 ans he seemed like a tool. He seemed to be saying exactly what MS wanted and the way MS wanted too.

I don't like that. It reminds me of people with no character or backbone.

Lastly remember that the end goal for the Xbox hasn't changed. Don vs Phil they both do exactly what MS tell them too. Kinect went away because it was hurting their sales, not cause Phil is some almighty god.
#8aj4x94Posted 7/1/2014 1:42:11 PM
Pretty much. Don Mattrick made Xbox unappealing on so many levels.

Phil listened, even if it took Ninty amd Sony kicking them in the bum for the first 6 months. With Phil at the helm, MS will go toe to to if not outright surpass the competition.

But I'm still waiting for a game I want on XB1 besides Dead Rising 3 and Sunset Overdrive.
---
Playing: Skyrim, Half Life 2, Dark Souls 1&2, Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD, System Shock 2, Borderlands 2
PSN: T-Snake94, XBL: T-Snake 94, Steam ID: T_Snake94
#9GambitbuzzkillPosted 7/1/2014 1:51:59 PM
Don Mattick made the XBOX brand a lot of money but after a while he started to become a cancer to them cause he wasn't even a gamer and he ran his mouth to much. With Phil Spencer running things now the XBOX brand is much better hands cause he talks to gamers and is willing to at least listen to what we have to say.
---
Gametag-BLOODLUST66
PSN-Dalust66
#10HaeravonPosted 7/1/2014 2:19:35 PM
I've been pretty critical of the Xbox division since last E3-Mattrick was an absolute embarrassment. Still, unless Spencer would have gone for a more games-focused (more competitive hardware-wise) Xbox One, I'm not sure I'd endorse him too much. Let's face it, not taking anything away from Spencer, but after last year's E3, it wasn't hard to look good compared to Mattrick.
---
Join the gaming community at www.haeravon.com
Watch gaming videos at www.youtube.com/haeravonfaqs