All they had to do is make Phil Spencer head from the beginning

#11quincy2000aPosted 7/1/2014 2:55:13 PM
TreeFiddy93 posted...
Agreed. I'm not a big microsoft guy, but Phil Spencer seems like a cool dude. Don always seemed like a bit of a tool to me.

Same shed, different tool.
---
"Correct. Xbox One is Kinect." Microsoft VP
Really...seems this Day One Edition purchaser was "Madoff-ed by Microsoft."
#12quincy2000aPosted 7/1/2014 2:56:27 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#13Hucast9Posted 7/1/2014 3:05:20 PM
People like Phil Spencer's flexibility when it comes to policies. He's giving people what they want:

- No more mandatory on-line drm
- No more paywall
- Optional Kinect

Flexibility is the key to Xbox One's success. They now need to move on to the next phase which is to give us: give us Lost Odyssey 2, more Star Wars games, jrpgs, and Fallout 4.
#14aj4x94Posted 7/1/2014 3:20:39 PM
Hucast9 posted...
People like Phil Spencer's flexibility when it comes to policies. He's giving people what they want:

- No more mandatory on-line drm
- No more paywall
- Optional Kinect

Flexibility is the key to Xbox One's success. They now need to move on to the next phase which is to give us: give us Lost Odyssey 2, more Star Wars games, jrpgs, and Fallout 4.

Jade Empire
---
Playing: Skyrim, Half Life 2, Dark Souls 1&2, Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD, System Shock 2, Borderlands 2
PSN: T-Snake94, XBL: T-Snake 94, Steam ID: T_Snake94
#15EstocassassinPosted 7/1/2014 3:25:59 PM
Wow you put so much effort into this topic.
#16slyman19Posted 7/1/2014 3:28:59 PM
quincy2000a posted...
TreeFiddy93 posted...
Agreed. I'm not a big microsoft guy, but Phil Spencer seems like a cool dude. Don always seemed like a bit of a tool to me.

Same shed, different tool.

Same troll, different topic.
#17james259Posted 7/1/2014 3:47:52 PM
Garage_Man posted...
Kinect went away because it was hurting their sales, not cause Phil is some almighty god

No one thinks he's a god so you can stop thinking that. I'll admit, a lot of the choices he's made were the obvious ones. But people are fond of him because it finally feels like a gamer is in charge of gaming. Hopefully more reboots and exclusives to come.

As long a he's in control, I see great things coming. Simple as that
---
Prepare to be emancipated from your own inferior genes!- Abradolf Lincler
3DS FC: 0989-1746-5488
#18TreeFiddy93Posted 7/1/2014 5:01:07 PM
Garage_Man posted...
First time I saw Phil was the e3 ans he seemed like a tool. He seemed to be saying exactly what MS wanted and the way MS wanted too.

I don't like that. It reminds me of people with no character or backbone.

Lastly remember that the end goal for the Xbox hasn't changed. Don vs Phil they both do exactly what MS tell them too. Kinect went away because it was hurting their sales, not cause Phil is some almighty god.

Yeah, god forbid some who works for a company does what the company tells them, that's not how business works at all!
---
"There is perhaps no greater barrier to faith, than intellect."
#19Silver2003Posted 7/1/2014 5:14:25 PM
To think the Xbox One was going to be Mattrick's legacy, his first console launch, which is probably the real reason it was called Xbox One rather than the whole "all-in-one" entertainment slogan. I don't think I've seen someone do this much damage to their own console launch before. At least Crazy Ken over at Sony was successful with the PS1 and PS2 and Yamauchi was successful with the NES and SNES before they both made giant mistakes with their third consoles. All-in-all, I think Mattrick was tired of having customers and maybe that's why he botched his first console launch so badly.
---
All consoles I've owned: SNES, N64, Game Boy, Game Boy Color, GameCube, Xbox 360, Xbox One
#20CharocksPosted 7/1/2014 5:56:34 PM
As much as I want to place all the blame on Mattrick, the assclowns who designed this defecation of a console are at fault too. Instead of a console, they made a glorified cable box that spies on you.

Indie games are the FUTURE and since M$ has the attitude of a child with their parity clause, hundreds of future devs will be biased against them. Lemme remind you "lolz indies suckz" kids that most games were indie at one point like Minecraft.

I could go on pointing out all the flaws inherent to the console but the Super Sentai XDF will accuse me of trolling.
---
Former Xbox Fan - A Flying Ewok
Official Arrow in the Knee of the Skyrim board (360)