Disappointed in The Crews car list.

#11casper316Posted 7/1/2014 8:41:38 PM(edited)
cory1225 posted...
cminc posted...
NeoMonk posted...
casper316 posted...
honestly how many cars are you expecting them to put in a completely open world racing game, where it's supposed to take you like 3 hours to drive completely cross country?

i don't buy that for a minute
sounds like the "you'll get at least 5 hours from MGS" crap we heard before it was 20 minutes

I like this post because thought went into it. That sounds sarcastic as all hell, but it's not meant to. It may take 3 hrs if youre going the long way with the trigger half depressed, but theres 1) no way it takes anything close to 3hrs with a gamer playing, and 2) theres no excuse for releasing a car game in 2014 with less than 100 cars.

Well considering the recreated most of the United states I don't see why people expect them to include so many car haha people these days expect way too much

well I remember reading an article on IGN a little bit after last years E3 or so maybe sometime before october that one of the devs said it would take like a little over 2 hours to drive from cost to cost in game across the country. so granted I added a bit more time allowing for crashes and and retries... but with them doing all that for what they are doing for the world I do not expect them to have a massive amount of cars packed on the disc day one.

but hey why not throw a Gran Turismo style selection of cars in and just use PSOne style graphics we don't need pretty pictures...
---
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/BlaseCasper316
XBL Gamertag: Casper316
#12TenzhiPosted 7/2/2014 12:11:26 AM
40-50 cars will be a good amount if there are a lot of interesting visual customisations for each of the vehicles. Too many games with a huge car list fail to impress with visual customizations (beyond paint jobs/decals).
---
Cheating has gone hand-in-hand with gaming for centuries. Video games in particular often have cheats built right into the game.
#13kennyynnooPosted 7/2/2014 3:30:47 AM
I hate the extreme arcade route they took. Seeing a lamborghini fitted with off-road tires and support d pension is disgusting, I just want to drive a stock lamborghini coast to coast, leave the off road setups for jeeps. I don't mind a small car list but prefer realistic modifying.
---
Xbox one, PS3, Wii
Play for the games not the evil corporation, they're all evil in the end.
#14falkedupPosted 7/2/2014 3:39:49 AM
They said it would take 45 minutes coast to coast in the fastest car sticking to the main roads. I think that's pretty damn awesome.
#15RS_YELARAKAPosted 7/2/2014 4:17:43 AM
100 cars? lol no

50ish is more than enough and a quality number
---
GT - YELARAKA (Member of RS Squad)
NNID - YELARAKA
#16njkking01(Topic Creator)Posted 7/2/2014 4:20:32 AM
OH its for the beta okay I didnt know there was suppose to be 40-50 cars hopfully we get some classic muscle cars in the full game!
---
Check out my channel TheRealZombieSlayer https://www.youtube.com/user/TheRealZombieSlayer1
#17Garage_ManPosted 7/2/2014 4:50:22 AM
Better have a Silverado/Sierra and either a 69 camaro z28 or 70 chevelle ls6.

Honestly the game is looking kinda meh. I was really excited but it just isn't fun unless you have the cars you want. That's why I do GT6..might be standard cars for a Silverado but at least I have one.
#18axelfooley2k5Posted 7/2/2014 5:18:46 AM
Garage_Man posted...
Better have a Silverado/Sierra and either a 69 camaro z28 or 70 chevelle ls6.

Honestly the game is looking kinda meh. I was really excited but it just isn't fun unless you have the cars you want. That's why I do GT6..might be standard cars for a Silverado but at least I have one.

silverado is the truck right?

oh...and yes, it looks bad

its a $60 ubisoft P2W grindfest

i will PASS in the left lane
#19TransgressorPosted 7/2/2014 9:35:23 AM
kennyynnoo posted...
I hate the extreme arcade route they took. Seeing a lamborghini fitted with off-road tires and support d pension is disgusting, I just want to drive a stock lamborghini coast to coast, leave the off road setups for jeeps. I don't mind a small car list but prefer realistic modifying.

To each their own. The various off-road modifications is one of the main reasons I'm so hyped for this game. I can't find it at the moment, but I remember reading an interview where one of the developers said that something like 80% of the driving in the game will be off-road. I love the idea of driving exotics cross-country on highways and busy streets, but I also like having the option to upgrade these cars with less conventional mods like lifted suspension and off-road tires... and then abusing them through all-terrain hell while adding a new layer of mud to the paint with every pass. The notion that adding these upgrades will make the vehicle more competitive in these environments is just the cherry on top.

Ever since I've been into cars I would always get a kick out of seeing exotics getting dirtied and daily driven like a typical beater. One of the few things I enjoyed about NFS Rivals was the realistic dirt effects on the paint. It's too bad that the rest of the game didn't exactly deliver. Looks like The Crew and Horizon 2 may remedy that.
---
"Although, the '71 Bestia in MC2 sounded like some unearthly animal mating call or something" - thatguywithpi
#20Reflex-ArcPosted 7/2/2014 10:03:26 AM
kennyynnoo posted...
I hate I don't mind a small car list but prefer realistic modifying.

Throw enough money at a car and any modification is realistic.
---
Case | Mother Board | CPU (OC'd!) | Video Card x 2 | RAM | PSU | SSD | HDD | Some Fans | Monitor | Mouse | Keyboard