Games with gold

#1tigers5123Posted 7/1/2014 4:10:08 PM
How long are the xbox one games good for? When they take down spartan assault is it gone? Can't seem to find a link. I know the 360 games you keep.
---
"One man gathers what another man spills" - Confucius
#2LaKost117Posted 7/1/2014 4:11:47 PM
My understanding it's like PS+. As long as you have Live you can play them.
---
If all seems dire, seek a bonfire.
#3LittleKohakuPosted 7/4/2014 10:06:13 AM
That is also my understanding. That if your subscription expires you lose entitlements to the games but get them back once you re-subscribe.
#4Swan3624Posted 7/4/2014 10:13:01 AM
Games With Gold is different from PlayStation Plus in that once you download the game, no matter if your subscription expires or not, you will still be able to play and download them. They are yours to keep.

Unless this changed for Xbox One's program, that was one of the big draws for the program versus PlayStation Plus.

The offers expire. So when Halo Spartan Assault is taken down from Free and given a price tag, you will not be able to download it for free. But if you had downloaded it for free during the promotion, you will own it for as long as you have your account... in fact I think you can also play them without an account once they are downloaded to your console.
#5PannerPosted 7/4/2014 10:15:13 AM
Swan3624 posted...
Games With Gold is different from PlayStation Plus in that once you download the game, no matter if your subscription expires or not, you will still be able to play and download them. They are yours to keep.

Unless this changed for Xbox One's program, that was one of the big draws for the program versus PlayStation Plus.

The offers expire. So when Halo Spartan Assault is taken down from Free and given a price tag, you will not be able to download it for free. But if you had downloaded it for free during the promotion, you will own it for as long as you have your account... in fact I think you can also play them without an account once they are downloaded to your console.

It has changed for the Xbox One.

http://www.xbox.com/en-GB/live/games-with-gold

*Games with Gold Offer for paid Gold members only; Active Gold membership required to play downloaded Xbox One games. Each participating game (selected by Xbox) available for download from Xbox Store during specific window; available games may vary by country. Some titles may only be available for download by adult account holders 18+. Kinect and/or hard drive required for some games. Offer available in all Xbox Live countries where Xbox Live Gold memberships are supported. Offer is non-transferable, not redeemable for cash, and cannot be combined with any other rebate or offer. Offer terms and availability subject to change. Taxes, if any, are the sole responsibility of member. Download charges may apply as set by your ISP. For Xbox Live Terms of Use and system requirements, see xbox.com/live.
---
My Youtube vids
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCL5BZ91u4U3n8m9L_wykcsw/feed?activity_view=3
#6youngunner2123Posted 7/4/2014 10:15:24 AM
Swan3624 posted...

nope 360 you keep forever

Xbox one is like ps+
meaning if u decide to never renew live. You lose the games for good
---
Your arms are too short to box with GOD!!!
#7Swan3624Posted 7/4/2014 10:18:44 AM
Panner posted...
Swan3624 posted...

It has changed for the Xbox One.

http://www.xbox.com/en-GB/live/games-with-gold

*Games with Gold Offer for paid Gold members only; Active Gold membership required to play downloaded Xbox One games. Each participating game (selected by Xbox) available for download from Xbox Store during specific window; available games may vary by country. Some titles may only be available for download by adult account holders 18+. Kinect and/or hard drive required for some games. Offer available in all Xbox Live countries where Xbox Live Gold memberships are supported. Offer is non-transferable, not redeemable for cash, and cannot be combined with any other rebate or offer. Offer terms and availability subject to change. Taxes, if any, are the sole responsibility of member. Download charges may apply as set by your ISP. For Xbox Live Terms of Use and system requirements, see xbox.com/live.

Hm... I was unaware of that. Interesting. Thank you for the update. :)