Why must "elitists" compare Steam Summer sales to XBL/ PSN sales?

#21Robin_MaskPosted 7/1/2014 10:57:56 PM
The funny thing about all the Steam deals, is that it's more of random buying because they're cheap and nothing more.
---
Fighting gamer, always loyal to my mains and need them if I want to play the games. If I can't find an appeal, I won't bother.
#22dataDyneSoldierPosted 7/1/2014 11:21:46 PM
Because Steam sales offer huge discounts, and it's stupid that you can't get deals remotely as good as the Steam sales off console digital downloads.
---
"You keep shooting. You hope it goes in, and you smile."
Thank you, Teemu Selanne.
#23dataDyneSoldierPosted 7/1/2014 11:22:46 PM
Robin_Mask posted...
The funny thing about all the Steam deals, is that it's more of random buying because they're cheap and nothing more.

Speak for yourself.

I just picked up Borderlands 2 with all DLC included for $10. Have fun waiting for that on a console.
---
"You keep shooting. You hope it goes in, and you smile."
Thank you, Teemu Selanne.
#24BukoNuTzPosted 7/1/2014 11:25:22 PM
dataDyneSoldier posted...
Robin_Mask posted...

Speak for yourself.
I just picked up Borderlands 2 with all DLC included for $10. Have fun waiting for that on a console.

---
PSN:BukoNuTz
#25HaloDad020508Posted 7/1/2014 11:44:33 PM
cminc posted...
My pc eats the pc's of the majority of those schmucks that do that 'peasant/ master race' garbage, and i play xbox one and 360 more. Xbox has better exclusives first and gets a lot of games that pc will never see just because its a console.

That's not to say that steam sales arent awesome (as origin, uplay, amazon and gamestop sales can be, and often are, too) but the 'superior' myths proported by the pc community arent all that different from those proported by any group of people that likes to pretend the things they believe are head and shoulders above every one else's preferences because x, y and z. Steams just their best example, probably followed by modding and 'trainers patches' (think oldschool konami cheats for EVERYTHING.)

Anyway, for as great as those things really are, if you know anything at all about building a computer, you learn very quickly that 95% of the pc community is full of empty, hipster jackasses that WISH they knew their ass from a hole in the ground, so they MIGHT be wanna-be's one day. Seriously.

Theyre no different than the ps4 kids that come here trying to convince us that theyre not bored out of their minds with their purchase that 'has all this stuff' but nothing they really want to play.

And, since i'm ranting and think it needs to be said, the pc exclusives that 'outnumber' console exclusives 100 to 1 that we hear about every now and then are more 'bob's 8bit ant maze' than they are halo or gears, too.

So yeah, go forth and refuse to buy into their master race crap! The game time spent fighting dll errors and updating drivers has made our pc counterparts bitter and delusional, my console brothers : )

Thank You! You sir are a legend among men!
---
Playing Watch Dogs, Thief, Titanfall
Anticipating Destiny, AC Unity, Halo MC Collection
#26Phrostbyte101Posted 7/2/2014 12:09:44 AM
Everything excels at something different, PC offers experiences consoles don't and vice versa. Most people have some silly experience that made them jaded, others have had nothing of the sort. Reading replys like cmics make me *facepalm*. An elitest reply complaining about other elitests.
#27Robin_MaskPosted 7/2/2014 12:13:34 AM
Robin_Mask posted...

Speak for yourself.

???

I'm amazed at this response. Just wow. I don't even like the Borderlands franchise and I am very selective with what games I buy. So I won't ever wait for that deal.
---
Fighting gamer, always loyal to my mains and need them if I want to play the games. If I can't find an appeal, I won't bother.
#28Jedi454(Topic Creator)Posted 7/2/2014 12:50:37 AM
Lol at the guy that only just bought Borderlands 2, it's been on sale across all platforms numerous times and a fan of the series would've picked it up almost 2 years ago.
---
GT - DyingRoman PSN - DyingRoman
#29TenzhiPosted 7/2/2014 1:05:31 AM
Speak for yourself.

I could have waited forever, or I could have just picked up the GotY edition on sale near the beginning of the year for around $20, played through it, and traded it in for credit making its end cost not much more than $10. Which is what I did, and now I've long since moved on from that old game.

Which isn't to say that Steam doesn't have the occasional impressive sale. It's just that most of the time, if it's a console game that I really wanted to play then I probably already did. And if it's a game that I didn't want to play enough to pay full price, then I certainly wouldn't want to play it on PC at any price greater than FREE.
---
Cheating has gone hand-in-hand with gaming for centuries. Video games in particular often have cheats built right into the game.
#30SoulTrapperPosted 7/2/2014 1:07:56 AM
Jedi454 posted...
Lol at the guy that only just bought Borderlands 2, it's been on sale across all platforms numerous times and a fan of the series would've picked it up almost 2 years ago.

"I payed more for the exact same thing and think this is somehow better."

I understand teenagers don't have a lot of patience, but you don't have to buy everything brand new just to enjoy it.