Why must "elitists" compare Steam Summer sales to XBL/ PSN sales?

#41SoulTrapperPosted 7/2/2014 2:35:16 AM
boolzero posted...

Contrastly, you don't have to wait for everything to go on sale to justify its worth either. We all evaluate things differently and buy what we like at the price we feel those things are worth to us. Also, being condescending to some one just because they don't share the same sense of value as you doesn't make your choice anymore acceptable. We all place value on the things we like and pay what we feel our hobbies are worth to us. That goes for both comments. It doesn't help conversation and only causes conflict.

Personally, I buy new all the time. I don't resell my games. I have no problem buying sometimes two, three or even four retail priced games in a month, and that's not including any of my other hobbies. On the occasions I catch a deal, I grab them, but often when I buy something I will feel a game is worth the asking price for me. I don't hold others to my standard and I definitely don't judge them or look down on them for their purchasing power or decisions. As I said before, we all evaluate the things we enjoy differently.

I'd hope that some of the alleged adults on this thread be a little more open minded and mature in their responses. Let's set the example, not lower them to the mean...

If people understood that everyone evaluates things differently, this thread wouldn't exist.

Nowhere did I say he was wrong for buying it brand new, the "impatient teenager" part was simply there to point out that buying a game at release rather than later on when it goes on sale, doesn't increase the fun you can have with it.
#42Bellum_SacrumPosted 7/2/2014 2:39:55 AM
Jealousy, feeling left out, a cry for attention.
---
"Now go ahead and leap ignorantly to the defense of wealthy game companies who don't know or care about you."
#43MasteroftheArtsPosted 7/2/2014 2:55:27 AM
Why must PC gamers compare Steam sales to XBL/PSN sales? Because it objectively shows that Steam sales are better than XBL/PSN sales.
---
"I refuse to prove that I exist" says God. "For proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing..."
#44puffnbillys420Posted 7/2/2014 3:07:00 AM
MasteroftheArts posted...
Why must PC gamers compare Steam sales to XBL/PSN sales? Because it objectively shows that Steam sales are better than XBL/PSN sales.

But what do pc gamers hope to get out of their constant comparisons?
---
Psn: DirtyJoeBro XBL: joe1ah feel free to add me
#45TenzhiPosted 7/2/2014 3:10:39 AM
puffnbillys420 posted...
But what do pc gamers hope to get out of their constant comparisons?

Apparently, some self-satisfying ego-stroking.
---
Cheating has gone hand-in-hand with gaming for centuries. Video games in particular often have cheats built right into the game.
#46chaoscontrol325Posted 7/2/2014 3:25:42 AM
PC elitists will glorify Steam sales no matter what. Greenman Gaming even has better sales, but nobody ever mentions them. Example, this Steam sale XCOM: Enemy Unknown was around 8 euro, I recall. On GMG's sale, 14 euro or so bought you XCOM: Enemy Unknown, all DLC including Enemy Within and The Bureau: XCOM Declassified. Much better deal, but nobody mentions that.
---
PSN: Lazuri65 XBL:LazuriXIII
If you don't write you're from GameFAQs and what board in the friend request, you will be denied.
#47gfrequencyPosted 7/2/2014 3:36:22 AM
Because what platform you play games on and how much you pay for games during the summer MATTER to everyone else, damn it! These are IMPORTANT THINGS! When we make first contact with aliens, THIS is how they'll judge our worth as intelligent life forms, so get with the program!
---
You might very well think that. I couldn't possibly comment.
#48sky8246Posted 7/2/2014 3:42:10 AM(edited)
This steam sale was so bad. Of course that's nothing new, steam sales have been bad for quite a while. Like how they offered Dynasty Warriors 8, which is still relatively new, for 50% off. (25) Sure, nice. I bought it for even less than that (~22) over a month ago. So why should I bother again and even check out their deals, if pretty much everything can be gotten cheaper (or at least just as cheap) somewhere else anyway.. and not just for two days but for a long time?

The only thing steam sales are good for is for all those games most people don't care about. But those won't be part of the special deals they have. These games simply have one discount for the whole sale and that's that. They aren't advertised, and don't cost that much anyway to begin with.

edit: So what it comes down to is simply this: When does MS and Sony finally offer ways for other people to sell digital games? Then things would get a lot cheaper for sure. Steam is expensive. Just like PSN and so on. However, steam keys/gifts are usually much cheaper available in one of the many many shops that exist for these.
#49Infini22Posted 7/2/2014 3:58:31 AM
Why are gamers comparing game sales on different platforms ? Really ? Wouldn't you say this is a comparison that begs to be made..?
#50PoweredMilkManPosted 7/2/2014 4:22:38 AM
Infini22 posted...
Why are gamers comparing game sales on different platforms ? Really ? Wouldn't you say this is a comparison that begs to be made..?

They need to find something to piss and moan about or they are not happy
---
XBL/PSN/WiiU/Steam - bloodandbourbon