Why must "elitists" compare Steam Summer sales to XBL/ PSN sales?

#51NionelPosted 7/2/2014 4:11:43 AM
Steam sales are typically better, but I found this year's summer sale to be pretty weak. This is the first one in a while where I didn't buy anything because everything I was interested in has already been on sale (in some cases at a lower price) and I already owned them because of it.

The real problem with comparing Steam sales to XBL/PSN sales is that Steam can justify the lower prices to keep people off of competing services (Origin, GOG, etc.) while there are no other channels to get XBL/PSN games, it all comes from Mircosoft or Sony.
---
360/XB1 GT: Elysiun / NNID: Nionel
#52dnmtPosted 7/2/2014 4:12:58 AM
Speaking of sales, PSN is having an awesome one starting today in the EU region:

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2014/07/02/big-japan-sale-returns-ps-store-week/
#53r7gerrabbitPosted 7/2/2014 4:26:38 AM(edited)
Jedi454 posted...
Lol at the guy that only just bought Borderlands 2, it's been on sale across all platforms numerous times and a fan of the series would've picked it up almost 2 years ago.

What does age of the game have to do with anything?
A good game release now will still be a good game 10 years from now.
---
Sig.
#54ZignoffPosted 7/2/2014 4:30:11 AM
youngunner2123 posted...
Leave that for the birds!!! Go play guacamelee it's live now (free) might have to bing it. It's an awesome game. "Metroidvania style"!!!!

You mean Metroid style only, as the items that typically make a game a metroidVANIA are not here in the least, and really it's not even remotely that good... Infact the game is a mess in my thoughts.
---
Here comes a New Web Comic for gamers, BY a gamer, Critique is welcomed as long as you are positive about it.
http://hatetheplayer.thewebcomic.com/
#55UtterMoonPosted 7/2/2014 4:40:24 AM
They shouldn't, because Steam has an absolutely massive library of games when compared to either console...and it will continue to have that.

And while I think the steam sales are great...so are the XBL and PSN stuff, getting games for cheaper than full price is always a good thing....but waiting for Summer before buying anything is unrealistic.

But lets not act like Steam doesn't have any problems, because it does...and some of those problems are getting worse with time....but its a good service and its entirely possible that PSN and XBL are good services as well.
#56ThePaleRiderpPosted 7/2/2014 4:40:28 AM
Picked up Skyrim LE for $13. I originally had it on my 360 but I never finished it and I let my friend have it. Good deal is a good deal regardless of where it is from.
---
Valar morghulis
#57tarnishedashPosted 7/2/2014 4:56:26 AM
The word elitists answers your question.
#58rusty12000Posted 7/2/2014 5:01:40 AM
Because the steam sales are simply better. I own a PS4 but it is hard to justify buying games on it when I can buy them for significantly less on steam.
---
Everything EA contributed to gamers around the world in one youtube clip
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBoesEFWZnM
#59RevenancedPosted 7/2/2014 5:09:30 AM
Anyone who compares XBL/PSN to a Steam sale or vice versa, for any reason, should be ignored. It's these people who want to cause problems. Can't we all just enjoy our technology rather than brag about which is best?

Many PC "elitists" that cause problems tend to be the sort who refuse to pay $5 for a game during the steam sales and run off somewhere to download it instead.
---
-[PS4 Owner][XB1 Owner][FF Fan][Tales Fan][Black Ops Fan][Mass Effect Fan][Elder Scrolls Fan]-
8>T>10>3>7>9>2>5>4>1>6>13>12
#60eternalblue02Posted 7/2/2014 5:42:50 AM
scoobydoobydont posted...
Because Steam sales are better.