Why must "elitists" compare Steam Summer sales to XBL/ PSN sales?

#71krillensPosted 7/2/2014 4:10:21 PM
found hat in TF2

sold hat in steam market place for 25$

bought kerbal space program for 16
metro for 7
goat sim for 7
hotline miami 1.50
---
i7-2700K @ 3.5ghz | 8GB DDR3 | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680 | 250GB SSD
PS4 | Wii U | 3DS
#72xb1fanPosted 7/2/2014 4:55:35 PM
scoobydoobydont posted...
Because Steam sales are better.
#73scoobydoobydontPosted 7/2/2014 7:27:27 PM
Jedi454 posted...

Elitist confirmed.

Oh Jedi, you so silly. I've gone to bat many times to defend MS's improving sales and price drops, and pointed out GoD isn't nearly as over priced as people pretend, but Steam sales are objectively deeper discounts, and more numerous. It's sad you cannot be honest about the issue.
---
"Why do you expect me to be rational? I'm a troll..." -Izraeil
http://i.imgur.com/8LUhEFG.jpg http://i.imgur.com/kVabIeU.jpg
#74Jedi454(Topic Creator)Posted 7/2/2014 7:39:23 PM
Jedi454 posted...

Elitist confirmed.

Oh Jedi, you so silly. I've gone to bat many times to defend MS's improving sales and price drops, and pointed out GoD isn't nearly as over priced as people pretend, but Steam sales are objectively deeper discounts, and more numerous. It's sad you cannot be honest about the issue.

I'm not defending MS's sales, they're trash 9/10 times, but I know you ignored what I typed by saying Steam sales are better.
---
GT - DyingRoman PSN - DyingRoman
#75scoobydoobydontPosted 7/2/2014 7:54:19 PM
Jedi454 posted...
...but I know you ignored what I typed by saying Steam sales are better.

But how does that confirm I'm an elitist?
---
"Why do you expect me to be rational? I'm a troll..." -Izraeil
http://i.imgur.com/8LUhEFG.jpg http://i.imgur.com/kVabIeU.jpg
#76Robin_MaskPosted 7/3/2014 7:12:54 AM
dataDyneSoldier posted...
Robin_Mask posted...
dataDyneSoldier posted...
But while you're at it, link me to a page where I can download the entire Borderlands 2 collection on a console for $10. Or the following:

Batman: Arkham Origins $7.50
Bioshock Infinite $7.49
Far Cry 3 $7.49
The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim $4.99
Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition $4.99
Metro: Last Light $6.79
Tomb Raider $4.99
Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons $2.99
Dishonored - $4.99

...just to name a few.

Some may be "older games", but don't assume that people pay for them just because they're cheap and never play them. You'll never be able to find those games for that cheap on consoles. Deal with it. Or be a blind fanboy. Your choice.

It's like people can't agree or else.

I only have interest in Skyrim from that entire list and the only game I kind of like from that list.

Still the way you talk about it does say a lot.

Was the personal insult necessary? I guess just because you don't like certain games that are heavily discounted, that means everyone who does buy them hates them as well but just purchases them because they are cheap. Thanks for enlightening me.

You made the ultimatum statement.

I don't care if anyone buys games on sale or gets them free or whatever. But the whole "Steam sales>everything" has gotten to the point where I have no doubt that some people really believe that just by that alone, Steam is infinitely superior.
---
Fighting gamer, always loyal to my mains and need them if I want to play the games. If I can't find an appeal, I won't bother.
#77BahamutBBobPosted 7/3/2014 7:23:46 AM(edited)

This. What makes people elitist for liking crazy deals? Sure, the PC costs more, but if you don't mind playing games that are 6+ months old, you can get them pretty damn cheap.

Also, this website is relevant: http://www.gabegaming.com/
(make sure your sound is on, but not too loud)
---
XBL / PSN: BahamutBBob
#78Dark_SpiretPosted 7/3/2014 9:28:28 AM
at this point you have to look beyond just steam sales. Steam is the major service, but its not the only one. theres so many other retailers out there that sell pc games, even cheaper than what steam offers and that can still be registered to your account. Unlike Live and to a lesser extent PSN, your not completely at valves/steams mercy when it comes to game pricing. Dont like that price on one game? then goto greenmangaming and pick it up for cheaper. thats the benefit to an open market and why pc game sales will usually always be cheaper than consoles.

on a side note it can also be cheaper through the community market that valve have set up. through playing and trading games and finding items you can sell to fund your steam wallet. thats practically how i completely financed the winter sale last year just by selling tf2 stuff and cards. i put $70 in my steam wallet without spending a dime and ended up buying around 15 games with it. Its an incredible system honestly and makes pc gaming even cheaper.
---
Currently playing: Divinity Original Sin - Sniper Elite III - Shovel Knight