sony president Yoshida pays tribute to Phil Spencer

#21cmincPosted 7/2/2014 9:24:25 AM
I'd say ms evens out with sony a lot sooner than people think. Up to this point and through the next christmas MS has had the better games and more variety in everything but indies. That's no small thing.

I'm sure bloodborne will impress the hungry souls crowd, but even in considering that and everything else that we know is coming, theres nothing on the sony release calendar that screams 'head and shoulders better than ANYTHING on ms hardware' to the general populace. And thats got to suck for people that thought they were getting a machine with 40% more power...

In fact, i'm kind of disappointed for the ps4 crowd because, from where i'm sitting, it looks like ms has done more to sell people ps4's than sony has, and theyve pretty much corrected that since kicking mattrick out.
---
MSI Z87-G45 | I7-4771 Turbo | GTX 770 4GB GDDR5 | Corsair HX 850W |
Kingston Hyper X 8GB DDR3 | 1TB 128 MB Cache HD| Windows 8.1 | 360 | XB1
#22snowboard340Posted 7/2/2014 9:24:57 AM(edited)
BushidoEffect3 posted...
remember major nelson telling angry joe? Come to da future! And you can't turn off DRM easily

I don't get why people keep bringing this up. You (and Angry Joe) act as if all they did was just flip a switch to get rid of the DRM, but it most likely took thousands of man hours to change the OS to get rid of all DRM and its integrations for release.
#23SigarmzPosted 7/2/2014 10:50:41 AM
cminc posted...
I'd say ms evens out with sony a lot sooner than people think. Up to this point and through the next christmas MS has had the better games and more variety in everything but indies. That's no small thing.

I'm sure bloodborne will impress the hungry souls crowd, but even in considering that and everything else that we know is coming, theres nothing on the sony release calendar that screams 'head and shoulders better than ANYTHING on ms hardware' to the general populace. And thats got to suck for people that thought they were getting a machine with 40% more power...

In fact, i'm kind of disappointed for the ps4 crowd because, from where i'm sitting, it looks like ms has done more to sell people ps4's than sony has, and theyve pretty much corrected that since kicking mattrick out.

Yeah, well, that's just, like, your opinion, man.
#24bob15xPosted 7/2/2014 10:53:22 AM
snowboard340 posted...
BushidoEffect3 posted...
remember major nelson telling angry joe? Come to da future! And you can't turn off DRM easily

I don't get why people keep bringing this up. You (and Angry Joe) act as if all they did was just flip a switch to get rid of the DRM, but it most likely took thousands of man hours to change the OS to get rid of all DRM and its integrations for release.

because trolls hang onto anything they can and refuse to let it go, yet, when its their team, they have already forgiven them before they have even finished the sentence.
#25YoshiMitsurugiPosted 7/2/2014 11:05:11 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#26UltimateGeth39Posted 7/2/2014 11:14:30 AM
YoshiMitsurugi posted...
cminc posted...

Lol, nah. Lovin' my PS4, and so is everyone else I know, even those with an Xboner.

You know every gamer on the planet?!
---
"There's always a man, a lighthouse, a city."
#27Silver2003Posted 7/2/2014 8:06:50 PM
BushidoEffect3 posted...

Yes. Don Mattrick was a goof. Good on Phil to replace him.

Don Mattrick was a goof? I hope that's a nice way of saying he was freaking disaster.
---
All consoles I've owned: SNES, N64, Game Boy, Game Boy Color, GameCube, Xbox 360, Xbox One
#28BushidoEffect3(Topic Creator)Posted 7/6/2014 8:50:18 AM
Phil needs to take something for the constipation though. At least that's what his face looks like.
---
Real/anime girl: http://i.imgur.com/exzrVRj.jpg
Exciting! http://i.imgur.com/UiXOeoJ.gif. http://i.imgur.com/35CqqSt.gif
#29DarthUchiha91Posted 7/6/2014 8:56:20 AM
UltimateGeth39 posted...
YoshiMitsurugi posted...
cminc posted...

Lol, nah. Lovin' my PS4, and so is everyone else I know, even those with an Xboner.

You know every gamer on the planet?!

Does he have to?
---
I'm the Barack Obama of fat people
Yes we can...Eat!!
#30Laylow12Posted 7/6/2014 9:37:46 AM(edited)
BushidoEffect3 posted...
aj4x94 posted...
nableet posted...
Phil Spencer is cool.

Just gotta get rid of "Major Nelson" now and then all is right with the world.

I'd take Nelson over Yusef. That guy is still an arrogant ****

Why what did Mehdi say? I never followed his updates.

Here's Yusef Medhi selling users KINECT 2.0 information to advertisers at a huge advertising convention.

http://adage.com/article/special-report-ana-annual-meeting-2013/xbox-reshape-marketing/244605/

---
The Queen of Light took her bow, and then she turned to go.
The Prince of Peace embraced the gloom, and walked the night alone.-Battle of Evermore/Zeppelin