Xbox won't sign in (is this happening to anyone else?)

#31Flamingace18Posted 7/2/2014 3:33:51 PM
easyEmoney posted...
This is kind of disconcerting, If I cannot sign into my profile then I can't play my games? Makes it seem like it DOES need to be always online. I can access the store but cannot use any of my apps or games without signing in.

To be fair you can play games offline. The problem, from what I understand, is that the Xbox recognizes that you have a working online connection and is forcing the sign in to go through live. If your internet was out it would just let you sign and play normally I believe. So unplugging that ethernet cable might work.

But this is a very rare situation where XBL is having sign in issues which is causing the One to become useless almost. Very rare.
---
Oklahoma City Thunder, Texas Rangers, St Louis Rams, and Oklahoma Sooners fan. http://cdn2.sbnation.com/assets/3914361/Russ-Troll_medium.gif
#32spacejamjordanzPosted 7/2/2014 3:38:02 PM(edited)
Well...shutting down the One until further notice. Looks like it's gonna be a PS4 evening.
---
"You know you've spotted a fanboy when they simply can not concede that anything is worthwhile on the other console"~ Evel138
#33goothgone514Posted 7/2/2014 3:36:01 PM
Darth Stalin posted...
Cool, it's not just me. My 360 could sign in, but not my One

same
---
DETOX
#34easyEmoneyPosted 7/2/2014 3:37:00 PM
Flamingace18 posted...
easyEmoney posted...
This is kind of disconcerting, If I cannot sign into my profile then I can't play my games? Makes it seem like it DOES need to be always online. I can access the store but cannot use any of my apps or games without signing in.

To be fair you can play games offline. The problem, from what I understand, is that the Xbox recognizes that you have a working online connection and is forcing the sign in to go through live. If your internet was out it would just let you sign and play normally I believe. So unplugging that ethernet cable might work.

But this is a very rare situation where XBL is having sign in issues which is causing the One to become useless almost. Very rare.

You are correct, my mistake. Disconnecting from wireless will let log onto my console and play offline. Still a bummer though :/
---
Whether you think you can or you can't, you're right
#35Halo3GAMEFREAKPosted 7/2/2014 3:37:01 PM
Same thing happened to me. I went to the settings app and my network status basically said the reason I can't connect is due to "Xbox Live core issues."
---
(My reaction to stolen kills) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkktKSjCHgo
#36liquidblue4Posted 7/2/2014 3:41:50 PM
krillin4553 posted...
liquidblue4 posted...
A Lower Class Brat posted...
What's worse is you can't even play your games.

Do you get paid to lie on the internet?

I can't. Since I can't login, none of my games will let me play. Unless I choose to play without a profile if a game gives the option but then I wont be able to save my progress. Valiant Hearts for example. Kind of a bummer.

disconnect from the internet (ethernet or wifi). ta da! suddenly it works for you!
---
Demon to Some. Angel to Others.
#37gcanter2376Posted 7/2/2014 3:43:42 PM
liquidblue4 posted...
krillin4553 posted...
liquidblue4 posted...
A Lower Class Brat posted...
What's worse is you can't even play your games.

Do you get paid to lie on the internet?

I can't. Since I can't login, none of my games will let me play. Unless I choose to play without a profile if a game gives the option but then I wont be able to save my progress. Valiant Hearts for example. Kind of a bummer.

disconnect from the internet (ethernet or wifi). ta da! suddenly it works for you!

Good to know. Thanks.
#38OUTLAW2009Posted 7/2/2014 3:48:15 PM
Was getting scared but then saw this topic bald I'm not the only one
---
When a Capcom character gets announced for SSB4, I'm gonna say " I told you so" 1/7/12https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7001/13726008703_fe531d549b_o.gif
#39bridog346Posted 7/2/2014 3:50:56 PM
What's weird is I can watch Netflix but not connect online
---
"All those moments will be lost... in time... like... tears... in rain. Time... to die."
#40divisionalPosted 7/2/2014 3:52:57 PM
bridog346 posted...
What's weird is I can watch Netflix but not connect online

I have to have a connection to Xbox Live in order to watch Netflix on my Xbox One.