So my Xbox One just got delivered..

#1ThunderMuffinPosted 7/2/2014 4:00:29 PM
but it's thundering. Should I not set it up yet?
---
I won't change this sig until Alex "The Serbian Saint" Smith becomes STARTING quarterback of the New York Jets or retires
Started: December 8th 2013
#2DC07301981Posted 7/2/2014 4:04:14 PM
Do you have a surge protector? I'd wait until the thunderstorm was over myself if I had to plug it for the first time.
#3ghstbstrPosted 7/2/2014 4:14:36 PM(edited)
I play mine when it lightings/thunders all the time. If the lights where your at aren't flinking then it isn't a big deal. Just make sure that you have you Xbox One plugged into a surge protector.
---
Xbox360/One + PS3/4 + Wii U + PC = Awesomeness!!!
#4_Doomguy_Posted 7/2/2014 4:04:24 PM
In my 19 years of gaming a thunderstorm has never stopped me from playing videogames or setting up a new system, want to know why? Because nothing has ever happened to me during a thunderstorm Lol. No but seriously I don't know if you should, never had any problem like this.
---
Rip and tear! Rip and tear your guts! You are huge! That means you have huge guts! Rip and tear!
#5ThunderMuffin(Topic Creator)Posted 7/2/2014 4:05:40 PM
ghstbstr posted...
the lights where you aren't flinking then it isn't a big deal.

flickered once a couple hours ago. I live near the firehouse and police station so my power never goes out. Even during Hurricane Sandy, I was the only neighborhood with power.
---
I won't change this sig until Alex "The Serbian Saint" Smith becomes STARTING quarterback of the New York Jets or retires
#6ArchMageDiabloPosted 7/2/2014 4:06:28 PM
worse case scenario you kill your power brick, but ive had the power go out on me playing and i was fine, most modern power strips are surge protected
#7MicrosoftLoverPosted 7/2/2014 4:07:11 PM
The thunderstorm is Thor banging his hammer in excitement for you!

Game on, Xbro! Game on!
#8Darth StalinPosted 7/2/2014 4:07:15 PM
I would hold off. XBL is down right now anyway.
---
XBL Tag- Cruxis Mithos | PSN - Cruxis_Mithos
Xbox One, PS4, Xbox 360 and PS3.... Will get a Wii U when SSB comes out.
#9ThunderMuffin(Topic Creator)Posted 7/2/2014 4:08:33 PM
Darth Stalin posted...
I would hold off. XBL is down right now anyway.

alright. I can wait til tomorrow I guess. Wasn't even supposed to be delivered til the 9th anyway.
---
#10ghstbstrPosted 7/2/2014 4:12:57 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]