So my Xbox One just got delivered..

#11SS_MetalSonicPosted 7/2/2014 4:14:15 PM
I live in New Jersey and my power went out twice because of this storm. I was ready to play but I needed to be on the computer to do something when the power shut off. Everything is connected to a Surge protector but glad I was on the computer instead of my console.
---
http://shonmac.deviantart.com/ [ PSWiiPCBOX ] Currently playing - Sonic Generations, Dust: An Elysian Tail, Strider, WATCH_DOGS, Forza 5, Titanfall
#12ThunderMuffin(Topic Creator)Posted 7/2/2014 4:20:28 PM
SS_MetalSonic posted...
I live in New Jersey

where <_<
---
I won't change this sig until Alex "The Serbian Saint" Smith becomes STARTING quarterback of the New York Jets or retires
Started: December 8th 2013
#13DC07301981Posted 7/2/2014 4:22:31 PM
I remember when I used to have my Xbox 360 hooked up in the living room I was playing during a thunderstorm and there was a power surge. I saw for a split second an electrical shock spark through the grill of the console, I thought it was fried. I remember I was playing a Madden game.

I shut the console down then turned it back on and luckily nothing happened. Scared me for a second though.
#14spacejamjordanzPosted 7/2/2014 4:24:10 PM
DC07301981 posted...
I remember when I used to have my Xbox 360 hooked up in the living room I was playing during a thunderstorm and there was a power surge. I saw for a split second an electrical shock spark through the grill of the console, I thought it was fried. I remember I was playing a Madden game.

I shut the console down then turned it back on and luckily nothing happened. Scared me for a second though.

That would would have scared the hell outta me too. Glad your console didn't fry.
---
"You know you've spotted a fanboy when they simply can not concede that anything is worthwhile on the other console"~ Evel138
#15Xeeh_BitzPosted 7/2/2014 4:33:43 PM
I dunno, when a drunk driver hit a utility pole and knocking the power out for a few hours, it didn't damage the PS4 while it was turned on downloading a game. Everything was fine.
---
3770K | 780 Ti x 2
Steam: Xeeh Origin: TurboPeasant
#16Bud2003Posted 7/2/2014 4:43:54 PM
_Doomguy_ posted...
In my 19 years of gaming a thunderstorm has never stopped me from playing videogames or setting up a new system, want to know why? Because nothing has ever happened to me during a thunderstorm Lol. No but seriously I don't know if you should, never had any problem like this.

Yea, young buckaroo...it's generally NOT a problem, until, well something happens. All it takes is one badly placed lightning strike.
#17ThunderMuffin(Topic Creator)Posted 7/2/2014 6:09:54 PM
very tempted to just turn it on
---
I won't change this sig until Alex "The Serbian Saint" Smith becomes STARTING quarterback of the New York Jets or retires
#18DC07301981Posted 7/2/2014 6:12:38 PM
ThunderMuffin posted...
very tempted to just turn it on

You're in New Jersey? So am I. We didn't have rain all day but now the clouds are getting thick and the lightning is coming from the west. Windy too. I'm in Ocean County, it was 95 degrees today.
#19ThunderMuffin(Topic Creator)Posted 7/2/2014 6:15:26 PM
I'm in Passaic County Explains the weather difference haha.
---
#20King_of_SwagPosted 7/2/2014 6:16:56 PM
If your power shuts off during the initial update your console will be bricked. Beware.
---
Uncharted 4 will be the greatest game made this entire generation.