I really hope we get some platformers on the Xbox One

#1IceHuskyPosted 7/2/2014 5:12:08 PM
This was a genre that both the Xbox and Xbox 360 were lacking...right? I am finishing up Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time on my PS3 right now and I forgot how fun this genre is. I really hope we see some of these type of games on the Xbox One that both kids and adults can enjoy.

Anyone with me?
---
Current Consoles: Xbox One, PS3, SNES, Genesis, Neo Geo Gold X
My Game Collection: http://vgcollect.com/icewolf
#2Reichmaster01Posted 7/2/2014 5:13:42 PM
Not personally but I know the younguns enjoy them. I'm sure we will get plenty on both consoles with the number of indie devs working on games.
#3IceHusky(Topic Creator)Posted 7/2/2014 5:16:55 PM
Reichmaster01 posted...
Not personally but I know the younguns enjoy them. I'm sure we will get plenty on both consoles with the number of indie devs working on games.

Well I was hoping for more AAA-quality platformers. I am not really into indie titles. Although, that Max and the Curse of Brotherhood...or whatever it is called, was pretty cool if that was indeed an indie title; what little I played of it that is.
---
Current Consoles: Xbox One, PS3, SNES, Genesis, Neo Geo Gold X
My Game Collection: http://vgcollect.com/icewolf
#4Dcrenshaw04Posted 7/2/2014 5:19:05 PM
Does Xbox get Strider? I just started playing it on my ps4 and it's a surprisingly fun game.
---
Gammer tag- Dcrenshaw04
PSN- Crenshaw4
#5phineasfoolPosted 7/2/2014 5:29:20 PM
Dcrenshaw04 posted...
Does Xbox get Strider? I just started playing it on my ps4 and it's a surprisingly fun game.

Yes it did and was on sale for 50% off recently.
---
XBLive - phineasfool
NNID - phineasfool
#6King_of_SwagPosted 7/2/2014 5:31:05 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#7King_of_SwagPosted 7/2/2014 5:31:58 PM
MS had one AAA platformer last gen (Nuts n Bolts) and it flopped. They're done with the genre.
---
Uncharted 4 will be the greatest game made this entire generation.
#8Dcrenshaw04Posted 7/2/2014 5:35:17 PM
phineasfool posted...
Dcrenshaw04 posted...

Yes it did and was on sale for 50% off recently.

Ok sweet. I'm enjoying the game more than I thought I would.
---
Gammer tag- Dcrenshaw04
PSN- Crenshaw4
#9boolzeroPosted 7/2/2014 5:36:03 PM
Rayman Legends
Guacamelee
Strider
Super Time Force

Honestly, I don't see where the Xbox One is lacking at this point. I don't see what the qualitative difference is from a supposed triple A platformer and a non one or indie. In fact, I'd err. On the side of indie releases as they are often willing to do more interesting and different things with the genre. As it stands TC, I think what you really mean is 3D platformers; to me those are far more hit and miss than the tried and true side scroller type...
---
Death is a dish best served with gravy...
#10IroncondorzPosted 7/2/2014 5:36:20 PM
I think the indie developers will be picking up some slack here. Shovel Knight is good right now if you have a WiiU, 3DS, or PC.