Did you choose your system for the OS?

#1skermacPosted 7/2/2014 6:24:26 PM
A lot of people compare specs and power and so forth. But how many chose the XB1 because you like the OS? I think it's stable and good for the XB1.

I use windows computers and have a windows Lumoia phone. Say what you want about MS, but they make a good OS.
---
To the edge of the universe and back, endure and survive
#2RuinerEraserPosted 7/2/2014 6:29:27 PM(edited)
I had a PS4 in my hands at the store and my gf said she thought the XB1 looked better, kinect and voice commands were a big seller for her. She also liked that other devices like her laptop ran Windows 8 so it looked like something she already knew.

Basically she made me put down the PS4 and grab an XB1, now I have a gf interested in gaming far more than if I would have purchased a PS4. For me I didn't care which system I got honestly, I know I'll end up owning all of them sooner or later.
---
GT: Lazer Ape
Currently Playing: Forza 5, Killer Instinct, Titanfall
#3skermac(Topic Creator)Posted 7/2/2014 6:30:52 PM
RuinerEraser posted...
I had a PS4 in my hands at the store and my gf said she thought the XB1 looked better, kinect and voice commands were a big seller for her. She also liked that other devices like her laptop ran Windows 8 so it looked like something she already knew.

Basically she made me put down the PS4 and grab an XB1, now I have a gf interested in gaming far more than if I would have purchased a PS4. For me I didn't care which system I got honestly, I know I'll end up owning all of them sooner or later.

She sounds like a smart girl! :)
---
To the edge of the universe and back, endure and survive
#4Jedi454Posted 7/2/2014 6:31:56 PM
RuinerEraser posted...

Smart woman ;)
---
GT - DyingRoman PSN - DyingRoman
#5Golden MavenPosted 7/2/2014 6:56:33 PM
The X1 definitely has a better controller and O.S. I like Microsoft products in general, not sure why they get a bad rep.

Sure, the hardware is a bit weaker than the PS4, but I don't think console gamers are generally as concerned over the number of pixels and shaders as PC gamers are, unless it's for fanboy war purposes.

I got the PS4 because Gamestop had a PS3 trade-in deal towards it that was too good to pass up, but I'm more interested in the XBox. And again I'd like to say that the X1 controller is much more comfortable than the crampstation controller.
#6chex81Posted 7/2/2014 7:56:14 PM
It wasn't a major deciding factor but I do prefer the X1 UI compared to PS4 UI
---
XB1/WiiU: chex81
soundcloud.com/purple_i
#7LEGEND_725Posted 7/2/2014 8:12:40 PM
RuinerEraser posted...

Good job mate
---
Lift. Game. Academics. Party. = LIFE. Best mod dispute ever? http://i.imgur.com/db7oluz.jpg. Official dudebro of any forum... I lift more than you