It really is a shame that Wolfenstein: TNO doesnt have Multiplayer Matchmaking

#21AceAndJunpeiPosted 7/3/2014 9:20:11 AM
superbowl54 posted...
People who think like TC are what's causing the AAA industry to stagnate.

Yeah, god forbid someone who loved the multiplayer from previous Wolf games would want more.

/sarcasm
---
You're like a puzzle that can't be solved, some pieces never fill the gaps
#22superbowl54Posted 7/3/2014 9:28:18 AM
AceAndJunpei posted...
superbowl54 posted...
People who think like TC are what's causing the AAA industry to stagnate.

Yeah, god forbid someone who loved the multiplayer from previous Wolf games would want more.

/sarcasm

Multiplayer in Wolfenstein hasn't been good in 10ish years, since RTCW and Enemy Territory. We need LESS tacked-on multiplayer, because unless it's COD, BF, or Halo, the community is gonna die rather quick, then they wasted resources that could have gone into making a good memorable single-player.

We need to stop having games that have multiplayer just for the sake of having multiplayer. If it has something worthwhile, then fine, but the vast majority don't have staying power.
---
360: Beasts Inc; PSN: DeadlySilence; Steam: superbowl54
MS needs to patch out the uselessness called Kinect.
#23MixorzPosted 7/3/2014 9:41:28 AM
I always facepalm when I see a topic like this. I don't want to turn this into a CoD topic, but CoD always has MP, campaign, and some co OP mode like Zombies or Spec Ops; yet it is always criticized for these features being tacked on. Then a game like Titanfall and Wolfenstein come out that are solely either MP, or SP only, and are still criticized for not having said tacked on features.

Now don't get me wrong, I do enjoy CoD, and it would be nice if those games have extra features, but they don't, and they do not hide that fact. You know what you're getting into. Complaining that Wolfenstein has no MP after the fact is kind of dumb. I thought Wolfenstein was one of the best shooters I've played in a while, and it does so while not having MP.
---
XBox Live GT: Mixorz
Currently Playing: Titanfall, Killer Instinct, Dark Souls II
#24zeta416Posted 7/3/2014 9:52:56 AM
I think MP would be a cool dlc add-on maybe but I think the reason the game was so good was because it didn't have MP to begin with.
#25superbowl54Posted 7/3/2014 9:55:12 AM
zeta416 posted...
I think MP would be a cool dlc add-on maybe but I think the reason the game was so good was because it didn't have MP to begin with.

it would have been half as long and 1/4 as good, all so people can play 2 matches and never touch the MP again.
---
360: Beasts Inc; PSN: DeadlySilence; Steam: superbowl54
MS needs to patch out the uselessness called Kinect.
#26LEGEND_725Posted 7/3/2014 10:33:22 AM
RuinerEraser posted...
I'd like to adress a few things here.

1) Hipster indie people who think that the new cool thing is a game that enchances the singler player experience by focusing all of the attention on single player by taking away multiplayer have been completely guided and told this by the dev constantly telling us this over and over.

2) This game had an average single player exprience, nothing at all was enchanced by not including a MP mode or at the very least a co-op mode online.

3) Paying full price for this game instantly turns you into someone who feels the need to justify their purchase and enter every single Wolfenstein thread there is to defend the amazing game that this is.

4) This game did come with a beta and the paying customer was it, the industry just wanted to see how little content they could get away putting into a game and charging full price for it.

5) Hello Pblimp! <3

6) I could never understand when people are glad that an optional mode that you don't have to play, developed by an entirely different team that has nothing to do with the single player story. The only reason not to include a multiplayer mode is to save money. That or your game/engine/genre is just not suited for it. As far as I know, FPS and MP are married.

Saying I play FPS games for the story is like saying I eat dirt for the taste.

lol all that blabber... Oh and halo/bioshock/borderlands/cod4/ would like to say hi
---
Lift. Game. Academics. Party. = LIFE. Best mod dispute ever? http://i.imgur.com/db7oluz.jpg. Official dudebro of any forum... I lift more than you
#27RuinerEraserPosted 7/3/2014 10:35:50 AM
LEGEND_725 posted...
RuinerEraser posted...
I'd like to adress a few things here.

1) Hipster indie people who think that the new cool thing is a game that enchances the singler player experience by focusing all of the attention on single player by taking away multiplayer have been completely guided and told this by the dev constantly telling us this over and over.

2) This game had an average single player exprience, nothing at all was enchanced by not including a MP mode or at the very least a co-op mode online.

3) Paying full price for this game instantly turns you into someone who feels the need to justify their purchase and enter every single Wolfenstein thread there is to defend the amazing game that this is.

4) This game did come with a beta and the paying customer was it, the industry just wanted to see how little content they could get away putting into a game and charging full price for it.

5) Hello Pblimp! <3

6) I could never understand when people are glad that an optional mode that you don't have to play, developed by an entirely different team that has nothing to do with the single player story. The only reason not to include a multiplayer mode is to save money. That or your game/engine/genre is just not suited for it. As far as I know, FPS and MP are married.

Saying I play FPS games for the story is like saying I eat dirt for the taste.

lol all that blabber... Oh and halo/bioshock/borderlands/cod4/ would like to say hi

Didn't like or finish BIoshock, it was boring imo...the rest of those games have MP attached to it and were my main draws so...hi?
---
GT: Lazer Ape
Currently Playing: Forza 5, Killer Instinct, Titanfall
#28carljenkPosted 7/3/2014 10:38:19 AM
No. Single player shooters are aimed at core gamers while multiplayers are aimed at casuals. No need to make a game unnecessarily casual.
#29RuinerEraserPosted 7/3/2014 10:43:31 AM
carljenk posted...
No. Single player shooters are aimed at core gamers while multiplayers are aimed at casuals. No need to make a game unnecessarily casual.

There is nothing core about walking down coridor after coridor shooting enemies with basic AI time after time, nothing beats the competition of human vs human.

Are you saying MLG are all casuals and bioshock/wolfenstein players are hardcore? Wait sorry, you're super hipster cool so you dumbed it down to 'core'.

Good for a laugh sir, good for a laugh.
---
GT: Lazer Ape
Currently Playing: Forza 5, Killer Instinct, Titanfall
#30CyberEvilPosted 7/3/2014 10:44:41 AM
Battlefield is a shooter that the MP is aimed squarely at core gamers for. Competing against other people is always more difficult and varied than any single player campaign. I would argue that casuals are what campaigns are aimed at, not core gamers.
---
Live: CyberEvil
PSN: CyberEvil-PSN