You think ubisoft will Ruin Far cry 4?

#11RockguyKevPosted 7/3/2014 7:41:26 AM
FC3 was fantastic. If 4 is just more of all that then it will be more than fine.

If they add a bunch of unnecessary gameplay features that you tutorialize once and never use again like in AC3 then it will be awful.
#12mattglosbcfcPosted 7/3/2014 7:41:34 AM
I wasnt even a big fan of Far Cry 3.

It was ok, but got bored and lost interest way before the end.
#13AWarAmp84Posted 7/3/2014 8:13:43 AM
Ubisoft is going downhill IMO so it wouldn't surprise me.
---
Toronto Maple Leafs fan for life. Favourite game of all time: Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory. Gamefaqs mods are a joke.
#14FPS_hitmanPosted 7/3/2014 10:57:09 AM
well played them all and they have only gotten better so I have high hopes for Far Cry 4
#15aheroafakePosted 7/5/2014 5:01:24 PM
As someone who hated Far Cry 2 but loved Far Cry 3, I don't think Ubisoft will mess it up.
---
| Undead Soldier | Undead Army | Undead Hollywood |
| Xbox Live Gamertag: Capatan Azn Man | Youtube.com/capatanaznman |
#16SunDevil77Posted 7/5/2014 5:15:08 PM
Considering that, overall, Ubisoft has been on a roll with great games...no.

Child of Light, Far Cry 3, Blood Dragon, AC: IV, Watch Dogs, and Rayman were all very enjoyable.

That being said, Far Cry 3's co-op and multiplayer were pretty bad.
---
My teeth are swords, my claws are spears, my wings are a hurricane!
3DS FC: 0748 2141 3539
#17boolzeroPosted 7/5/2014 5:26:10 PM
Whose actually playing these for the story? Hard as they try, developers have yet to fully grasp how to tell a compelling story through the format while it not coming off as forced, hamfistedly, trite or overly familiar. As such, saying that anyone is worried about the story and villain on Farcry 4 is implying that somehow Farcry 3 had a stellar one! They stories have never been great for the series, even back to the first one (PC)!

What makes people excited about these games however is the gameplay, and that is where Ubisoft has succeeded more times than not! So long as I am "writing" those epic moments in the gameplay like I have in the previous games I will be very happy. And when I mean writing those moments, I mean those water cooler stories that you exchange with friends, workers and fellow gamers, where you are recounting experiences in the game as if you had them in real life! Very few games have been able to accomplish that feeling, and this franchise is one of them.

So as long as I can still exchange my war stories how how I was running along, a enemy vehicle came by from both ends of a Y road, me stuck in the middle, evading gunfire, falling off a cliff with enemies chasing, landing in a rivine only to have a wild animal attack me, run from that as the wild animal attacks my pursues, all as I turn and throw a couple of luck grenades while they are distracted with the explosion sending bodies and fur flying everywhere... Well, I'll be a happy man!
---
Death is a dish best served with gravy...
#18Runner_stylePosted 7/7/2014 5:27:47 AM
I Personally think the Far Cry series as a whole is mediocre, so there's not really much they can do for me to lower my opinion of it.
---
It's time gamers grew up instead of being pissy 5 year olds fighting over the most asinine things.