So It seems like the PS4 will just turn out to be an Indie machine... :/

#1BlackFeathersPosted 7/2/2014 10:18:39 PM
I didn't buy a next gen system for indies and it seems like Sony is slowly backing away from AAA titles for indies...

Do you guys think the Xbox One will be the same way as Sony or is Microsoft big on releasing AAA titles this gen?
---
Please come with me to Rainbow Land where Unicorns are made of Fudge and Cotton Candy and everything is FREE!!! - The Campaign
#2Ghost_61636Posted 7/2/2014 10:23:55 PM
What are you even talking about, both companies have a stiffy for Indie games right now.
---
FC: 4484-8954-1471
#3BlackFeathers(Topic Creator)Posted 7/2/2014 10:27:21 PM
Ghost_61636 posted...
What are you even talking about, both companies have a stiffy for Indie games right now.

It wasn't that hard to understand... :/ I asked a simple question, but you answered it, unless someone here disagrees with you.
---
Please come with me to Rainbow Land where Unicorns are made of Fudge and Cotton Candy and everything is FREE!!! - The Campaign
#4ThePuddingManPosted 7/2/2014 10:27:23 PM
Because that's something you can tell by judging the first 8 or 9 months of a console gen. Both consoles have next to nothing right now, besides indie crap, because that's how new gens go. Takes a good year to year and a half before a console gets a decent library. 'Tis the burden of being an early adopter.
#5OpheliaAdenadePosted 7/2/2014 10:27:24 PM
The way you people spin around with your view on indies greatly befuddles me. When the xbone gets a good one (even if it is a port of a ps4 indie game), suddenly they're great, but then you turn around and use indie games to insult the other gaming machine.
---
They say she's low down, but it's just a rumor I don't believe 'em.
#62DshmuploverPosted 7/2/2014 10:28:44 PM
I dunno, with Yoshida saying he doesn't understand why poeple would buy a PS4 only for AAA games, that's a large part of this audience he can't connect with. Since last gen the PS3 wasn't too hot on indies and most fans flocked to the big AAA releases to get their thrills.

PS4 isn't going to be getting the same type of software this generation as Sony simply don't have the cash.
---
The mind is like a parachute, it only works when it's open.
GT: cloudskipa
#7OpheliaAdenadePosted 7/2/2014 10:33:15 PM
2Dshmuplover posted...
I dunno, with Yoshida saying he doesn't understand why poeple would buy a PS4 only for AAA games, that's a large part of this audience he can't connect with. Since last gen the PS3 wasn't too hot on indies and most fans flocked to the big AAA releases to get their thrills.

PS4 isn't going to be getting the same type of software this generation as Sony simply don't have the cash.

Sony doesn't have to pay people to make software for the PS4 unless they want to buy exclusivity or something. I don't think you get how this whole "game industry" thing works hon.
---
#82DshmuploverPosted 7/2/2014 10:33:27 PM
ThePuddingMan posted...
Because that's something you can tell by judging the first 8 or 9 months of a console gen. Both consoles have next to nothing right now, besides indie crap, because that's how new gens go. Takes a good year to year and a half before a console gets a decent library. 'Tis the burden of being an early adopter.

That's only true for ONE of the consoles and I think you know which one. The Xbox One has now started to enter it's second phase with exclusives like Sunset Overdrive, Forza Horizon 2 and Halo Master Chief Collection. Sony really havn't done a great job of supporting the PS4, there's really nothing of interest on the machine, either out now or coming in the future. With talk of LBP3 being delayed to 2015 that leave ONE exclusive for this winter.... Drive Club. So depressing.
---
#92DshmuploverPosted 7/2/2014 10:35:00 PM
OpheliaAdenade posted...
2Dshmuplover posted...

Sony doesn't have to pay people to make software for the PS4 unless they want to buy exclusivity or something. I don't think you get how this whole "game industry" thing works hon.

I'm talking about in-house exclusives.
---
#10OpheliaAdenadePosted 7/2/2014 10:38:11 PM
2Dshmuplover posted...
OpheliaAdenade posted...
2Dshmuplover posted...

I'm talking about in-house exclusives.

I don't think Sony or Microsoft have ever been that big on in-house exclusives. That is pretty much Nintendo's thing.
---