So It seems like the PS4 will just turn out to be an Indie machine... :/

#181gobuffalo30Posted 7/3/2014 12:35:27 PM
Onion_Jr posted...
I really hope none of the people in this thread who throw around phrases like "my console is the better console" or "my console has good exclusives and you're console has nothing" aren't adults. Because otherwise it would just be depressing.

Unfortunately, I think they are.
#182Solid_Gamer77Posted 7/3/2014 12:38:45 PM
Izraeil posted...
Do you know how many in-house exclusives Sony has in the works? They have the largest group of developers in the gaming industry, and they're all working on games, they just haven't announced everything yet, there's still Gamescom, and TGS to come this year, where their European and Japanese studios will reveal their games.

Besides the announced games and released games:
Killzone: SF
Knack
inFAMOUS
Driveclub
LittleBigPlanet 3
The Order: 1886
Bloodborne
Uncharted 4
Ratchet and Clank reboot
H1Z1

All these other studios have games in the works for PS4 like:
Santa Monica Studio (most likely God of War)
Naughty Dog has confirmed their second team is working on a project besides Uncharted 4.
Sony Bend is also working on a PS4 title
Guerrilla Games is working on a Open World RPG
Media Molecule is working on a new IP since Sumo Digital made LBP3
Quantic Dream is also working on a new IP
Polyphony Digital is working on Gran Turismo 7
Level 5 is working on a PS4 exclusive RPG

In contrast Microsoft's in-house lineup looks quite thin, Deadrising, Titanfall, Sunset Overdrive, Quantum Break, Scalebound are 3rd party games and their developers own the IPs, if not these games themselves their sequels will surely be multiplats.
As for their in-house IPs we have the this:
Forza 5
Killer Instinct
Forza Horizon 2
Project Spark
Fable Legends
Phantom Dust
Crackdown 3

And we know that they have these games in the works:
343I's Halo 5
Black Tusk's Gears of War sequel
Rare is supposedly working on something that's not Kinect so we'll see.

Other than that MS has no AAA development teams. Playstation has always had the largest library of AAA games and that's not going to change. You're just expecting everything to release in the first year which doesn't make sense because AAA game take time to make.

Thread should've ended here TBH.
#183IzraeilPosted 7/3/2014 1:00:44 PM
lol@ people dismissing Bloodborne as a niche title, and think games like Quantum Break, Crackdown, Scalebound, and Phantom Dust are anything but niche.
Souls games have sold far better than previous games crackdown and Phantom Dust franchises and previous games by the makers of Quantum Break and Scalebound.

Heck last time Insomniac made a game that sold more than Dark Souls was Resistance: Fall of Man in 2006. Going by the history of these franchises and developers Bloodborne will easily be the highest selling and most critically acclaimed game.
#184IzraeilPosted 7/3/2014 1:02:27 PM
Solid_Gamer77 posted...
Izraeil posted...
Do you know how many in-house exclusives Sony has in the works? They have the largest group of developers in the gaming industry, and they're all working on games, they just haven't announced everything yet, there's still Gamescom, and TGS to come this year, where their European and Japanese studios will reveal their games.

Besides the announced games and released games:
Killzone: SF
Knack
inFAMOUS
Driveclub
LittleBigPlanet 3
The Order: 1886
Bloodborne
Uncharted 4
Ratchet and Clank reboot
H1Z1

All these other studios have games in the works for PS4 like:
Santa Monica Studio (most likely God of War)
Naughty Dog has confirmed their second team is working on a project besides Uncharted 4.
Sony Bend is also working on a PS4 title
Guerrilla Games is working on a Open World RPG
Media Molecule is working on a new IP since Sumo Digital made LBP3
Quantic Dream is also working on a new IP
Polyphony Digital is working on Gran Turismo 7
Level 5 is working on a PS4 exclusive RPG

In contrast Microsoft's in-house lineup looks quite thin, Deadrising, Titanfall, Sunset Overdrive, Quantum Break, Scalebound are 3rd party games and their developers own the IPs, if not these games themselves their sequels will surely be multiplats.
As for their in-house IPs we have the this:
Forza 5
Killer Instinct
Forza Horizon 2
Project Spark
Fable Legends
Phantom Dust
Crackdown 3

And we know that they have these games in the works:
343I's Halo 5
Black Tusk's Gears of War sequel
Rare is supposedly working on something that's not Kinect so we'll see.

Other than that MS has no AAA development teams. Playstation has always had the largest library of AAA games and that's not going to change. You're just expecting everything to release in the first year which doesn't make sense because AAA game take time to make.

Thread should've ended here TBH.

I think the fanboys have some special glasses that make the unable to see posts which prove them wrong so they can continue spewing their ignorant opinions.
#185VoidBeyondPosted 7/3/2014 1:06:01 PM
ukloukloiy posted...
Vita turned into one and it pisses me of..

This makes me mad too, I've always wanted a Vita (and had one till it was stolen.) But Sony saying, themselves, that the Vita will receive less AAA and more indies is just bogus. Way to pretty much say that you've given up on the Vita, Sony.
---
GT: CynicalRaptor26//PSN: DuodecimKnight//Steam: Soontowait
FC: 2981-6641-9175//NNID: RaptorCats//Origin: SecondcityTakk
#186blitz_0623Posted 7/3/2014 1:07:45 PM(edited)
Izraeil posted...
lol@ people dismissing Bloodborne as a niche title, and think games like Quantum Break, Crackdown, Scalebound, and Phantom Dust are anything but niche.
Souls games have sold far better than previous games crackdown and Phantom Dust franchises and previous games by the makers of Quantum Break and Scalebound.

Heck last time Insomniac made a game that sold more than Dark Souls was Resistance: Fall of Man in 2006. Going by the history of these franchises and developers Bloodborne will easily be the highest selling and most critically acclaimed game.

Bloodborne is a niche title, but so are the Xbox titles you also mentioned. But the Souls series is on the verge of being like Final Fantasy
---
Nintendo FC - 2423-3428-2025 | Tangela, Swadloon, Quilladin
PM me if you add
#187kcypher2000Posted 7/3/2014 1:15:45 PM
UhOh-Spagetios posted...
kcypher2000 posted...
Shik_stick posted...
kcypher2000 posted...
Anyone else find it ironic that ponies are using indies to defend the ps4 in a topic bringing up that ps4 is just an indie machine....

How old are you? I'm asking seriously, although i doubt i will get an actual answer...

Old enough to realize your waste of a post is due to your pony insecurity which is confirmed by your sig. Try to make a point next time child.

You purposefully ignore posts that disprove your garbage and you call others insecure? LOL! You're a funny kid.

Omg Ace give it up. Seriously its obvious its you child and you still havent answered the simple question.

Funny how transparent ponies are with their alts yet they dont realize its obvious.
#188Mindwipe77Posted 7/3/2014 1:17:21 PM
tc is clueless about ps games if he thinks all they have is indies lol, what a tool
---
Playstation- Where The Greatest Play+ Wii U
"All the significant breakthroughs were breaks with old ways of thinking."
#189Mindwipe77Posted 7/3/2014 1:18:39 PM
kcypher2000 posted...
Anyone else find it ironic that ponies are using indies to defend the ps4 in a topic bringing up that ps4 is just an indie machine....

this guy is about 9 or 10 i swear lol, all he does is troll ps boards and use the word "ponies", sad little kid with no life
---
Playstation- Where The Greatest Play+ Wii U
"All the significant breakthroughs were breaks with old ways of thinking."
#190IzraeilPosted 7/3/2014 1:22:00 PM
blitz_0623 posted...
Izraeil posted...

Bloodborne is a niche title, but so are the Xbox titles you also mentioned. But the Souls series is on the verge of being like Final Fantasy

Boodborne is not part of the Souls series, the makers have been stressing the fact that it's new IP, it's as much a Souls game as Scalebound is a Bayonetta game, or Sunset Overdrive is a Ratchet and Clank game.