Games with gold... or is that Bronze games for your gold?

#41shoji_joPosted 7/4/2014 9:14:51 AM
I pay for an Xbox live Gold membership in order to play online. The games are a bonus and I hope they soon have games like Forza free.
#42daniel79Posted 7/4/2014 9:15:33 AM
Ellesarien posted...
dnmt posted...
Syn_Vengeance posted...
Shadowfxd2 posted...
PoweredMilkMan posted...
Entitled little s****, it's free stop crying about it.

gold is free?

He meant the games wise ass.

Is there a way to access these games without paying for Gold?

Nope..thus the name Games with GOLD. Man...you basically only need to have the IQ of a doorknob to figure that one out. I couldn't imagine going through life that clueless.

Totally misses the point of what he is getting at and then goes on to say someone has the IQ of a doorknob, dear god. You couldn't make up the people you get on this board.

Nice try genius.
#43BDJaycePosted 7/4/2014 9:40:27 AM
I don't get why people are expecting grade A brand new retail stuff to be given for free.

"Hey you paid for Xbox Live Gold? Here have Titanfall!" "Here have Wolfenstein free of charge!" "Why not play Dead Rising 3? You do have a month of Xbox Live Gold after all, it's the least we could do!"

It's like complaining that your free coffee is too hot so you deserve another coffee of your choosing.
---
9-14-1959 - 5-4-2014. Goodbye Momma, I love you. Rest well.
GT: JamesBolton0723
#44LittleKohakuPosted 7/4/2014 10:01:37 AM(edited)
@daniel79

And what point was there in that one sentence. Yes the doorknob comment made probably wasn't needed but it doesn't excuse the fact that it was in fact a dumb question. I guess everyone wants to be a part of the conversation. Couldn't find anything productive to add so lets go back a few pages and bring up something that has passed and try to sound clever.

Nice try genius.
#45LittleKohakuPosted 7/4/2014 10:04:44 AM
Now on topic. I've seen people request a whole new cheeseburger because there were 3 pickles and they only wanted 2. It seems odd how in just one generation people have come to feel entitled to everything they want and of the best quality. Even if MS gave us a strong title for free the same people in this board complaining would complain that there should have been a variety of AAA titles that way people who don't like racing games can get something other than Forza for free. There really is no way to satisfy a troll.
#46killerbasaPosted 7/4/2014 11:07:25 AM
Haven't had a chance to use it with the One. However, when I was able to get Dark Souls for nothing I was very happy.

I think there should be more retail options but it is still early in the lifecycle so I am sure it will change soon.
#47TenzhiPosted 7/4/2014 11:26:09 PM
LittleKohaku posted...
That doesn't apply here. In noway will a free video game hurt you.

I can offer a free Nerf bat bludgeoning, too. That would hurt less than the time wasted and frustration accrued with that glitchy Max:CoB. Then again, so might the punch in the mouth. At least it would be over quicker. It might not even draw blood - I'm no body builder, nor am I enthusiastically violent. The punch would definitely be preferable to playing Spartan Ops.

But that's just my opinion, which is also freely given so take it and like it. ;)
---
Cheating has gone hand-in-hand with gaming for centuries. Video games in particular often have cheats built right into the game.
#48LittleKohakuPosted 7/5/2014 4:34:01 PM
Tenzhi posted...
LittleKohaku posted...
That doesn't apply here. In noway will a free video game hurt you.

I can offer a free Nerf bat bludgeoning, too. That would hurt less than the time wasted and frustration accrued with that glitchy Max:CoB. Then again, so might the punch in the mouth. At least it would be over quicker. It might not even draw blood - I'm no body builder, nor am I enthusiastically violent. The punch would definitely be preferable to playing Spartan Ops.

But that's just my opinion, which is also freely given so take it and like it. ;)

Lol. Thank you good sir I laughed so hard. Actually made my day.
#49Cosmic_DiabeticPosted 7/5/2014 4:44:55 PM
BDJayce posted...
I don't get why people are expecting grade A brand new retail stuff to be given for free.

because that's what the competition is doing
---
Others find humanity by looking in their own hearts. Only lost souls need to search for it outside themselves."
#50LittleKohakuPosted 7/5/2014 5:00:58 PM
Cosmic_Diabetic posted...
BDJayce posted...

because that's what the competition is doing

You mean the 360? Cause you get to keep those games and a lot of them are actually good quality games.