Sniper Elite 3 is amazing.

#1Rome218Posted 7/3/2014 4:46:36 AM
Here is a review of the XB1 version.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvZvDHPB64o

I really agree with it. I tried to get into the story, but my opinion is that it is hard to because there is so much game to play and I forget what the hell is going on.

The graphics are beautiful, and I have tried to think of a better military shooter, WW2 or modern, that is really better than this. I do not think I can name one.

The levels being large and sandbox adds such a dynamic role in the game, and playing it co-op is REALLY fun. I actually prefer the faster kill cams in co-op.

Survival mode is fun as well, you can set the difficulty up to how you want in a custom menu. The options are limited, but people can put realistic bullet drop with say.. dumb enemies.

Everything you do gets you leveled up. Enemies drop weapon pieces, and you also unlock stuff as you level up through military style ranks.

This game is getting sorely overlooked. All the really hyped games so far have been Watchdogs and Titanfall, but I think Wolfenstein and Sniper Elite 3 are way better and just did not have much hype going into it. Watchdogs and Titanfall was over-hyped and I really do not think it's close what the better two games are.
#2Rome218(Topic Creator)Posted 7/3/2014 4:49:20 AM
The only bad thing is the install takes forever because of the patch. It's like 14 gigs or something.

There were early reports of screen tearing, but they patched a setting that was available on the PS4 and PC, and that's the option to go in and turn on v sync.

There are 60 FPS and it is 1080p as well, for those who cares so much. :P Wolfenstein is also 1080p and 60 fps. They look better than TF and Watchdogs too.
#3Jedi454Posted 7/3/2014 4:52:16 AM
Looks really nice, i'll pick it up down the line.
---
GT - DyingRoman PSN - DyingRoman
#4Tushy2010Posted 7/3/2014 4:57:26 AM
Started off LOVING IT... Once I found out after the second level you have basically seen and done everything you will in the entire game it got repetitive REAL quick. Finish a level, 'oh a tank' really? I mean a tank to finish each level. Really?
#5kennyynnooPosted 7/3/2014 4:57:40 AM
Still hate that it's in Africa, setting sucks, I have no feeling of hate towards the enemies because of it. Love the game otherwise.
---
Xbox one, PS3, Wii
Play for the games not the evil corporation, they're all evil in the end.
#6Charity_DiaryPosted 7/3/2014 5:13:36 AM
Lol what? "So much game to play?"

Linear missions
Clunky controls
Original Xbox graphics
Super NES AI
Lack of any real customization
Multiplayer that's not even worth playing
Perhaps the worst setting imaginable for a game about sniping

I give it a 3/10. And yes, I own it
---
Charity_Diary
#7Jedi454Posted 7/3/2014 5:18:14 AM
Charity_Diary posted...

Linear missions
Clunky controls
Original Xbox graphics
Super NES AI

Original Xbox graphics? Try harder kid.
---
GT - DyingRoman PSN - DyingRoman
#8cheezedadadaPosted 7/3/2014 5:24:05 AM
kennyynnoo posted...
Still hate that it's in Africa, setting sucks, I have no feeling of hate towards the enemies because of it. Love the game otherwise.

What level did you get to so far? I noticed the tutorial area was kinda bland, the next level was OK and then the level after was beautiful. It had a bunch of trees and grass and wasn't all brown like the previous one.

I don't think this is GOTY or anything, but I bought it and I am definitely enjoying it.
---
XBL- cheezedadada PSN- cheezedadadada
#9BadLuckIncPosted 7/3/2014 5:24:43 AM
Charity_Diary posted...

Linear missions
Clunky controls
Original Xbox graphics
Super NES AI

Graphics matter that much how? You're on the wrong system man. Go back to PS4 where Graphics > Gameplay. You'll fit in better.
---
Xbox One Day 1 Edition! Add me~
Xbox Live: Bad Luck Ink | Twitch: badluckink
#10Rome218(Topic Creator)Posted 7/3/2014 5:27:28 AM
Charity_Diary posted...

Linear missions
Clunky controls
Original Xbox graphics
Super NES AI

Are you kidding me? The graphics do not look like anything on the 360. I saw the game being played and I thought it was on a console, it was a PC.

About being repetitive, I do not see how. You have so many ways you can approach a situation. You can go in stealthfully and try to clear out an area and get on a sniper's nest to tag enemies, and decide if you want to approach them or snipe out as much as you can. The game has satisfying physics too.

The replay value comes from how you can tackle the missions each time, and working along a friend is great since you can approach enemies from different parts of the map and coordinate an assault.

The customization is really in your sniper rifle. Getting new attachment makes a physical difference. The character models and weapon models look superb.

The A.I may not be a strong suit, but I would not underestimate the enemies. The will flank you from different directions and on sniper elite difficulty, you die fast. So going in guns blazing is not really a good idea. You can set up traps too.