Sniper Elite 3 is amazing.

#11MrSpaM111Posted 7/3/2014 5:31:09 AM
It baffles me that people call EA out for releasing Hardline as a full game, yet dont do the same for games like this. From what ive played of it there is very little difference between this game and Sniper Elite 2?!?
---
"Exactly correct TC..."
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691088-xbox-one/66274628
#12Sniper_BrosefPosted 7/3/2014 5:41:25 AM
I heard they got a ton of historical things wrong like uniforms, weapons, etc...
---
We're representatives from your nation's government.
Detroit Sports Rule!!! - Millen is gone forever!!!!!!!!!!
#13grampamurkedPosted 7/3/2014 5:46:45 AM
Charity_Diary posted...
Lol what? "So much game to play?"

Linear missions
Clunky controls
Original Xbox graphics
Super NES AI
Lack of any real customization
Multiplayer that's not even worth playing
Perhaps the worst setting imaginable for a game about sniping

I give it a 3/10. And yes, I own it

I don't believe you.
---
Xbox GT: Grampa Murked U Steam ID: grampamurkedu PSN ID: GRAMPAMURKEDU
#14Rome218(Topic Creator)Posted 7/3/2014 5:57:36 AM
Come on spam, that stop is ridiculous. I don't care what your system is, I cannot think of a better military shooter.

Some Core elements are in part 2, but because levels are sandbox it adds a reason to relay levels. Finding your favorite rifle and customizing

People should it a chance if they enjoy shooters and stealth games. This game reminds me of mgs:gz except more enjoyable me. Mgs:gz enemies are unlimited as reinforcements come, even if you take them out unconscious and move the bodies.
#15Rome218(Topic Creator)Posted 7/3/2014 6:00:06 AM
But I want everyone who played V2 to know this is not just a huge step for the franchise, possibly military shooters. This is better than everything out their IMO as far as a military shooter.
#16Exodus_PrimePosted 7/3/2014 6:02:05 AM
Rome218 posted...
Charity_Diary posted...
Lol what? "So much game to play?"

Linear missions
Clunky controls
Original Xbox graphics
Super NES AI
Lack of any real customization
Multiplayer that's not even worth playing
Perhaps the worst setting imaginable for a game about sniping

I give it a 3/10. And yes, I own it

Are you kidding me? The graphics do not look like anything on the 360. I saw the game being played and I thought it was on a console, it was a PC.

About being repetitive, I do not see how. You have so many ways you can approach a situation. You can go in stealthfully and try to clear out an area and get on a sniper's nest to tag enemies, and decide if you want to approach them or snipe out as much as you can. The game has satisfying physics too.

The replay value comes from how you can tackle the missions each time, and working along a friend is great since you can approach enemies from different parts of the map and coordinate an assault.

The customization is really in your sniper rifle. Getting new attachment makes a physical difference. The character models and weapon models look superb.

The A.I may not be a strong suit, but I would not underestimate the enemies. The will flank you from different directions and on sniper elite difficulty, you die fast. So going in guns blazing is not really a good idea. You can set up traps too.

Seems like he was playing it like a Call Of Duty game instead of a Sniper Elite game which is why he probably found it repetitive trying to run and gun every mission with a knife.

---
---
"Trolls are the dudebros of Gamefaqs. They just don't realize it." - curtland
Xbox One-PlayStation 4-Xbox 360-PS3-Vita
#17Rome218(Topic Creator)Posted 7/3/2014 6:07:15 AM
cheezedadada posted...
kennyynnoo posted...
Still hate that it's in Africa, setting sucks, I have no feeling of hate towards the enemies because of it. Love the game otherwise.

What level did you get to so far? I noticed the tutorial area was kinda bland, the next level was OK and then the level after was beautiful. It had a bunch of trees and grass and wasn't all brown like the previous one.

I don't think this is GOTY or anything, but I bought it and I am definitely enjoying it.

I'm in the middle of 5. I would have done more but I was helping someone on his missions.

The co-op also adds replay and is implemented very well.
#18kennyynnooPosted 7/3/2014 6:29:57 AM
Rome218 posted...
cheezedadada posted...
kennyynnoo posted...
Still hate that it's in Africa, setting sucks, I have no feeling of hate towards the enemies because of it. Love the game otherwise.

What level did you get to so far? I noticed the tutorial area was kinda bland, the next level was OK and then the level after was beautiful. It had a bunch of trees and grass and wasn't all brown like the previous one.

I don't think this is GOTY or anything, but I bought it and I am definitely enjoying it.

I'm in the middle of 5. I would have done more but I was helping someone on his missions.

The co-op also adds replay and is implemented very well.

I just finished 4. I liked v2 in Europe more, maybe because I'm no history buff and Nazi's in Africa just doesn't feel as intense of a war as Europe. I just ask a question, if you take out xray shots is the game that good? Probably not, the enemies don't feel much like Nazi's that I enjoy killing. Even the generals, whomever that you are assigned to kill don't feel important to the story. I love the game purely for the stealth and xray shots, wished it's story was better told I guess. Its still a 7.5/10 to me but V2 was 8/10 for its time with the European setting. Both fun games though, way better then COD SP and BF4 SP, which I only mention because I love SP.
---
Xbox one, PS3, Wii
Play for the games not the evil corporation, they're all evil in the end.
#19Sniper_BrosefPosted 7/3/2014 6:37:16 AM
Rome218 posted...
But I want everyone who played V2 to know this is not just a huge step for the franchise, possibly military shooters. This is better than everything out their IMO as far as a military shooter.

ARMA says hi.
---
We're representatives from your nation's government.
Detroit Sports Rule!!! - Millen is gone forever!!!!!!!!!!
#20NoWareMan9Posted 7/3/2014 6:49:17 AM
This thread, along with the Giant Bomb quick look, have added this game onto my radar.
---
"Life is what happens to you while your busy making other plans" - John Lennon