Sniper Elite 3 is amazing.

#21MrSpaM111Posted 7/3/2014 8:12:10 AM
Rome218 posted...
Come on spam, that stop is ridiculous. I don't care what your system is, I cannot think of a better military shooter.

Some Core elements are in part 2, but because levels are sandbox it adds a reason to relay levels. Finding your favorite rifle and customizing

People should it a chance if they enjoy shooters and stealth games. This game reminds me of mgs:gz except more enjoyable me. Mgs:gz enemies are unlimited as reinforcements come, even if you take them out unconscious and move the bodies.

I quite enjoyed Sniper Elite 2 tbh, So I'm not saying 3 is a bad game. Just saying it doesn't seem like that much of a step up from the last game. For a full blown sequel I kinda expected more, to me it feels like Sniper Elite 2.5 if that makes sense? Not a bad game but it's just more of the same.
---
"Exactly correct TC..."
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691088-xbox-one/66274628
#22Charity_DiaryPosted 7/3/2014 8:19:20 AM
Jedi454 posted...
Charity_Diary posted...
Lol what? "So much game to play?"

Linear missions
Clunky controls
Original Xbox graphics
Super NES AI
Lack of any real customization
Multiplayer that's not even worth playing
Perhaps the worst setting imaginable for a game about sniping

I give it a 3/10. And yes, I own it

Original Xbox graphics? Try harder kid.

Lol the foliage looks awful. One of the tool tips says, "Hide in bushes to conceal yourself", and you can't even stand in like 90% of the foliage because they're all solid objects! You can't shoot through some thin wooden fences, the only real usable items are just 5 types of explosive mines, and omg you can throw rocks, how fun.

And the AI absolutely ruins the experience. You pull out your binoculars to try to stealth your way through a section, one of the soldier dudes sees you out of the corner of his eye through a dirty window from 200m away, and suddenly WITHOUT HAVING INSTANT MESSAGING AVAILABLE AT THE TIME everyone immediately knows where you are.

Let's be honest, this game is a bargain bin third-person shooter that has been overhyped and is getting better reviews than it should simply because the only weapon it offers is a sniper rifle.

So many other games do this stuff better. The environments, the cover system, the gunplay, the AI... it's all subpar here. Game should have been a $20 XBLA title.
---
Charity_Diary
#23cheezedadadaPosted 7/3/2014 8:36:40 AM
@Rome218
You are a little bit further than me at this point. I will probably get there tonight if I end up staying in. I wasnt too impressed with the first couple of levels, but I thought it picked up nicely after that.

@kennyynnoo
Yeah I know what you mean. The game definitely relies on the xray sniping gimmick a lot and without that, the shortcomings would stand out even more. I would say that a 7.5 is a pretty good score for the game. When my friends ask me how it is, I tell them I am enjoying it but don't expect some GOTY material game. Fans of stealth and sniping will probably find it worthwhile though.

As for the locations, I actually think I like them better in this one. You're right about the intensity being lowered based on location, but I am liking the more exotic locales.
---
XBL- cheezedadada PSN- cheezedadadada
#24ComradeRyanPosted 7/3/2014 9:30:55 AM
I am glad that the campaign levels in Sniper Elite 3 are open-ended. Co-op campaign and survival mode are great multiplayer add-ons.
---
We must reverse Citizens United, Restore our Democracy, and Save the Republic. Join the Fight for Free and Fair Elections in America!
http://www.wolf-pac.com
#25liquidblue4Posted 7/3/2014 10:35:54 AM(edited)
kennyynnoo posted...
Still hate that it's in Africa, setting sucks, I have no feeling of hate towards the enemies because of it. Love the game otherwise.

Yeah, the axis forces in Africa were way nicer.

/sarcasm
---
Demon to Some. Angel to Others.
#26RuinerEraserPosted 7/3/2014 10:34:19 AM
The thing about Gamefaqs is, if you enjoy something...someone is waiting around the corner to tell you that you suck and should be as miserable as they are!
---
GT: Lazer Ape
Currently Playing: Forza 5, Killer Instinct, Titanfall
#27EllesarienPosted 7/3/2014 11:14:27 AM
RuinerEraser posted...
The thing about Gamefaqs is, if you enjoy something...someone is waiting around the corner to tell you that you suck and should be as miserable as they are!

QFT so much. I think we do have people that look for these threads just so they can come in and say your opinion is wrong and the game sucks. So weird.
---
I will try and see it from your point of view, but I doubt we'll be able to fit both our heads up there.
#28BukoNuTzPosted 7/3/2014 11:21:07 AM
BadLuckInc posted...
Charity_Diary posted...
Lol what? "So much game to play?"

Linear missions
Clunky controls
Original Xbox graphics
Super NES AI
Lack of any real customization
Multiplayer that's not even worth playing
Perhaps the worst setting imaginable for a game about sniping

I give it a 3/10. And yes, I own it

Graphics matter that much how? You're on the wrong system man. Go back to PS4 where Graphics > Gameplay. You'll fit in better.

But It does matter, if it doesn't we would still be playing our Atari 2600. Graphics enhances the immersion.
---
PSN:BukoNuTz
#29Sniper_BrosefPosted 7/3/2014 1:26:16 PM
liquidblue4 posted...
kennyynnoo posted...
Still hate that it's in Africa, setting sucks, I have no feeling of hate towards the enemies because of it. Love the game otherwise.

Yeah, the axis forces in Africa were way nicer.

/sarcasm

They actually were. Rommel was easily the most repsected leader on the axis side.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Erwin_Rommel
---
We're representatives from your nation's government.
Detroit Sports Rule!!! - Millen is gone forever!!!!!!!!!!
#30Ryan-06Posted 7/3/2014 2:11:38 PM
^ rommel tried to assassinate Hitler too.
---
http://youtu.be/lyOHNjZ-2qM, 'Murica...https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/7900901376/h4D87E845/
chocolate: http://ow.ly/t0gvj