What's the Greatest Game You Inexplicably Don't Own?

#21ComradeRyanPosted 7/3/2014 5:07:24 PM
Dark Souls II.
---
We must reverse Citizens United, Restore our Democracy, and Save the Republic. Join the Fight for Free and Fair Elections in America!
http://www.wolf-pac.com
#22aheroafakePosted 7/3/2014 5:14:08 PM
I will always buy a game I love, period.
---
| Undead Soldier | Undead Army | Undead Hollywood |
| Xbox Live Gamertag: Capatan Azn Man | Youtube.com/capatanaznman |
#23crynryanPosted 7/3/2014 5:47:02 PM
nickr2d2 posted...
SigmaLongshot posted...
crynryan posted...
Paper Mario. For reasons me and my parents don't even remember anymore, they told me I couldn't ever buy it.

That is.... tragic. Like, genuinely so.

*Hugs you*

Paper Mario TTYD: One of the greatest games ever, IMO.

*looks off into distance*

I was able to get that and did on the day it released (and Super Paper Mario), but just not the first one. Sticker Star I have no interest in, but the 2nd game is really the best of them all.
---
(>O_O)> <(o_o<)
(>O_O)> <(o_o<)
#24HaeravonPosted 7/3/2014 6:13:05 PM
A few years ago, I might have had a better game for this list... despite being a huge RPG fan and loving games like Baldur's Gate, I inexplicably never got around to buying/playing Fallout 1/2 or Planescape: Torment. Thankfully, though, GOG.com makes it pretty easy to find games that have long since vanished from store shelves, and I corrected this fatal deficiency in my collection.

Currently, though? I guess I'd have to say any of the PS2-era GTA games. My first GTA game was GTA 4 on the Xbox 360. I had a PS2 pretty much its whole life span, never bothered to get Vice City, San Andreas, GTA3. Not even that triple-pack, which is what... $15 now on Amazon?
---
Join the gaming community at www.haeravon.com
Watch gaming videos at www.youtube.com/haeravonfaqs
#25phineasfoolPosted 7/3/2014 9:14:43 PM
I honestly can't think of anything right now. I have generally been able to buy every game I have wanted, especially when I was in the military. Back then I would buy about 8 games a month during the Genesis, SNES and Turbo Grafx 16 days.
---
XBLive - phineasfool
NNID - phineasfool
#26TheM00dPosted 7/3/2014 9:27:28 PM
Bayonetta. I have 1000 gamerscore for it but don't own it. I went through a Game Fly phase while in college and I loved the game. I really need to add it to my collection. I wish the second one wasn't only coming out for the Wii U.
---
GT- CCCC0MB0BREAKER
Good example. I'm sure terrorists go around saying "terrorist" all the time where they live, let alone have kinects. - TBONE_OG
#27phineasfoolPosted 7/3/2014 9:29:58 PM
TheM00d posted...
Bayonetta. I have 1000 gamerscore for it but don't own it. I went through a Game Fly phase while in college and I loved the game. I really need to add it to my collection. I wish the second one wasn't only coming out for the Wii U.

Bayonetta 2 is the main reason I got a Wii U. It's pretty sweet it's coming with the original game as well.
---
XBLive - phineasfool
NNID - phineasfool
#28DarkReign2022Posted 7/3/2014 11:00:39 PM
Hmm... probably Goldeneye. I never owned a N64 when I was young and I spent a lot of time over at my neighbor's house playing it with him. Even when I got older and got a N64 for a slew of titles, Goldeneye just isn't something I've brought myself to own. Too many memories I prefer not to shatter with reality.
#29PibugoPosted 7/3/2014 11:22:13 PM
Suikoden II, definitely. I've seen and heard how awesome that game is, but it's too damn expensive (trust me when I say it's even worse finding a PAL copy than a NTSC copy), and the sad part is that there isn't going to be a release (by this rate, anyway)
---
The stuff I do/post isn't 100% BS -VeghEsther
#30SigmaLongshot(Topic Creator)Posted 7/4/2014 5:50:18 AM
DarkReign2022 posted...
Hmm... probably Goldeneye. I never owned a N64 when I was young and I spent a lot of time over at my neighbor's house playing it with him. Even when I got older and got a N64 for a slew of titles, Goldeneye just isn't something I've brought myself to own. Too many memories I prefer not to shatter with reality.

That's actually I game I never owned either. I remember going into Dixons and seeing it for 64.99 ($112) and frothing at the mouth at how much I wanted it. In those days, PEGI wasn't really a super-enforced "sell to kids and your soul is mine"-type of deal, so naturally they had it playing in the window. Seeing Bond and Natalya in the looping intro, watching the demo of Bond entering the Dam level and the amazingly-hammy canned death animations, with so many regional blood stains from the silenced PP7 - god, I NEEDED it. Nothing says "impressionable teen fuel" like a young man desperate to shoot Russian guards in the crotch.

Then, my uncle bought it for my cousins. Every Sunday I'd visit and we'd spend from 11am until 7pm(ish) playing deathmatch, eating Opal Fruits and drinking endless cartons of Um Bongo.

Then, Perfect Dark came out, I bought it, and it just seemed like buying GoldenEye was like... a step backwards somehow. It took GoldenEye up to eleven.

*sigh*. Nostalgiagasm.
---
Double Jump Game Comics: http://doublejump.thecomicseries.com/