what's so great about Halo 2 multiplayer?

#1PokeBro1994Posted 7/3/2014 1:50:03 PM
Having never played it, I'm just curious. My friend recently bought an xbone just for that, after I was trying to convince him to get a ps4. So if anyone has played it, I'd honestly like to know why it's considered so good. All of my ps3 friends just say it's like Cod =/

PS: I swear I'm not trying to start a flame war, and this post got deleted on the Ps4 and Halo boards. Just anyone who's played it, can you tell me why it's so good?
#2crucialPosted 7/3/2014 1:53:46 PM
IMO its the best mp game on a console of all time,it's fast paced,balanced,great maps some of the best ever,great weapons and just fun that takes some skill,its much better then 1 and 3 when it comes to mp and it had a cool SP campaign as well which makes it that much better,most people bought a OG xbox just for that game like me,I was all about PS2 back then but this game alone made me a non fanboy overnight.
#3jakethenoobPosted 7/3/2014 1:54:22 PM
I refuse to believe you know people that say Halo 2 is like Cod. There's no way someone is that clueless.
---
Game collection: http://postimage.org/gallery/1tqkmeku/
#4LEGEND_725Posted 7/3/2014 1:56:48 PM
PokeBro1994 posted...
Having never played it, I'm just curious. My friend recently bought an xbone just for that, after I was trying to convince him to get a ps4. So if anyone has played it, I'd honestly like to know why it's considered so good. All of my ps3 friends just say it's like Cod =/

PS: I swear I'm not trying to start a flame war, and this post got deleted on the Ps4 and Halo boards. Just anyone who's played it, can you tell me why it's so good?

Lol wat at bolded. Your friends have no idea what they are talking about.

Halo 2 revolutionized console online multiplayer with awesome map design, unique gametypes, great competitive modes, the battle rifle leading to intense skill based duels, nd lastly the power weapons on the map force the better team to take map control.

Instead of one team camping the power positions (like cod) the fights center around sniper or rocket spawn. If one team decides to just camp they get owned by power weapons because they lost map control.

Basically halo 2 is really fun and also very skill based and competitive as a console shooter can be. Great game that really hits on all points of what makes online fps great .
---
Lift. Game. Academics. Party. = LIFE. Best mod dispute ever? http://i.imgur.com/db7oluz.jpg. Official dudebro of any forum... I lift more than you
#5PokeBro1994(Topic Creator)Posted 7/3/2014 1:56:54 PM
jakethenoob posted...
I refuse to believe you know people that say Halo 2 is like Cod. There's no way someone is that clueless.

That's why I'm here asking, I didn't believe something like Cod would convince my friend to buy and xbone.
#6RedFive3Posted 7/3/2014 1:58:05 PM
Your friends are morons, it's nothing like COD. Simply answer, it's fun! I can't wait to play Halo 2 MP again.
---
I'm your huckleberry...
You spend nine months trying to get out, and the rest of your life trying to get back in.
#7crucialPosted 7/3/2014 1:58:13 PM
Halo 4 is a tad bit like CoD when it comes to load outs,streaks and other non sense but Halo 1-3 is nothing like CoD what so ever and is just laughable,Halo takes much more skill since you don't drop your enemy in one or 2 shots and other crutches to please the noobs,in Halo you have to clip someone to kill them meaning if you are not accurate you will suck hard at this game,camping is useless almost in Halo and it has a great community compared to CoD/BF.
#8macmahon187Posted 7/3/2014 1:58:37 PM
The mcc has caused me to get an xbone as well. I feel like a hypocrite because I swore I wouldn't do it. Oh well I never had a ps3 so I guess it's Xbox this gen too. But about halo 2. I've not played it either but loved halo 3. But I'm excited to play that and halo 3.
---
GameFlux: Unofficial GameFAQs board browser
#9Hvv0l24n9Posted 7/3/2014 1:59:35 PM
I have no idea. I was in middle school when Halo 2 came out and never played it online.
---
PSN: Iquan_5 XBL: VASH Iquan
Hey...would you say I became a hero?
#10PokeBro1994(Topic Creator)Posted 7/3/2014 2:02:52 PM
Well maybe I'll try it over at his house. I only ever played halo 1, 4 player split screen when I was younger, and I remember my friend destroying me because he knew what he was doing. =P thanks for the replies!