what's so great about Halo 2 multiplayer?

#11phoenix9291Posted 7/3/2014 2:05:35 PM
crucial posted...
IMO its the best mp game on a console of all time,it's fast paced,balanced,great maps some of the best ever,great weapons and just fun that takes some skill,its much better then 1 and 3 when it comes to mp and it had a cool SP campaign as well which makes it that much better,most people bought a OG xbox just for that game like me,I was all about PS2 back then but this game alone made me a non fanboy overnight.

Took the words out of my mouth.

Also, not trying to be a jerk TC but how old are you and your friends? I am asking because it is very strange to hear that your friends say it is just like COD.
---
Not changing sig until Flyers win the cup
#12PokeBro1994(Topic Creator)Posted 7/3/2014 2:07:48 PM
phoenix9291 posted...
crucial posted...
IMO its the best mp game on a console of all time,it's fast paced,balanced,great maps some of the best ever,great weapons and just fun that takes some skill,its much better then 1 and 3 when it comes to mp and it had a cool SP campaign as well which makes it that much better,most people bought a OG xbox just for that game like me,I was all about PS2 back then but this game alone made me a non fanboy overnight.

Took the words out of my mouth.

Also, not trying to be a jerk TC but how old are you and your friends? I am asking because it is very strange to hear that your friends say it is just like COD.

We were all watching e3, one of them was 22, I'm 19, one 17 and 16, and another I don't know.
#13DarthUchiha91Posted 7/3/2014 2:10:36 PM
PokeBro1994 posted...
Having never played it, I'm just curious. My friend recently bought an xbone just for that, after I was trying to convince him to get a ps4. So if anyone has played it, I'd honestly like to know why it's considered so good. All of my ps3 friends just say it's like Cod =/

PS: I swear I'm not trying to start a flame war, and this post got deleted on the Ps4 and Halo boards. Just anyone who's played it, can you tell me why it's so good?

Seriously? People that defensive?
---
I'm the Barack Obama of fat people
Yes we can...Eat!!
#14Blade_Of_IcePosted 7/3/2014 2:14:46 PM
i always loved the one two punch of dual wielding a plasma pistol, and handgun.

pissed my friends off sooooo much with that cheap move.
#15PokeBro1994(Topic Creator)Posted 7/3/2014 2:19:40 PM
DarthUchiha91 posted...
PokeBro1994 posted...
Having never played it, I'm just curious. My friend recently bought an xbone just for that, after I was trying to convince him to get a ps4. So if anyone has played it, I'd honestly like to know why it's considered so good. All of my ps3 friends just say it's like Cod =/

PS: I swear I'm not trying to start a flame war, and this post got deleted on the Ps4 and Halo boards. Just anyone who's played it, can you tell me why it's so good?

Seriously? People that defensive?

Probably the way I worded the topic title =/
#16POPSHU_FRUITCHUPosted 7/3/2014 3:17:32 PM
crucial posted...

Pretty much this. One of the best games I've ever played!
---
*Opposing Pokemon leans in to your Pokemon*
"Your mom was a slutty Ditto, you have over 100 siblings with 6 different dads"
#17MicrosoftLoverPosted 7/3/2014 3:52:46 PM
crucial posted...

This.

You can also change your character's colors. I chose pink and destroyed EVERYONE!
---
Not changing signature until Hideo Kojima retires or gets fired.
#18_Doomguy_Posted 7/3/2014 4:29:40 PM
Nothing, people are just blinded by nostalgia.
---
Rip and tear! Rip and tear your guts! You are huge! That means you have huge guts! Rip and tear!
#19AgentLockePosted 7/3/2014 4:32:04 PM
_Doomguy_ posted...
Nothing, people are just blinded by nostalgia.

And your blinded by your need to be a hater. I remember damn well why halo 2 is so good. It's been said over and over on every video game forum on the Internet, I'm not gonna waist my breath explaining it. Keep being a hater tho.
---
Italy to win the cup for the 5th time! Let's go Azzurri!!!
#20aheroafakePosted 7/3/2014 4:39:36 PM(edited)
Some of the most enjoyable times I've ever had playing any game online was with Halo 2. It was ahead of its time when it was released and so many hours I have spent on my life on the game is something I still don't regret. Great maps, great guns, great choice of game modes, tons of options, etc. if you enjoyed Halo CE's multiplayer, Halo 2's MP was a million times better. Honestly, it's really hard to explain. Playing with all my friends online just couldn't be topped, sans a few games that were much better on the original Xbox for Xbox Live such as Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six 3 and its expansion Black Arrow. I'm sure people in this topic will be able to explain how great Halo 2's multiplayer was compared to me. Seriously, you've just got to experience. It might not hold up well against the many other FPS games since Halo 2's release. If it does though, you'll definitely see why. Just try not to unfairly compare it to more recent video games.
---
| Undead Soldier | Undead Army | Undead Hollywood |
| Xbox Live Gamertag: Capatan Azn Man | Youtube.com/capatanaznman |