what's so great about Halo 2 multiplayer?

#21Silver2003Posted 7/3/2014 3:35:57 PM
Not sure, but I look forward to finding out. Well, that and Halo 2 is the only campaign I haven't played.
---
All consoles I've owned: SNES, N64, Game Boy, Game Boy Color, GameCube, Xbox 360, Xbox One
#22mattglosbcfcPosted 7/3/2014 3:54:45 PM
I never played halo 2 online as I hated the SP so didnt play it much.

I did play the Halo 4 mp a bit though and didnt enjoy it to much. I disliked that it took so long to kill someone.

I also played Halo on pc mp a bit, and that was ok but nothing special.
#23Mr_KillstreakPosted 7/3/2014 4:03:35 PM
It's a so-so game from 10 years ago, nothing special. The only people going nuts about it are nostalgic hardcore fanboys that somehow think the new coat of paint on it is going to change the world of gaming.

Zzzzzzzzzzz
#24POPSHU_FRUITCHUPosted 7/3/2014 9:18:35 PM
Mr_Killstreak posted...
It's a so-so game from 10 years ago, nothing special. The only people going nuts about it are nostalgic hardcore fanboys that somehow think the new coat of paint on it is going to change the world of gaming.

Zzzzzzzzzzz

Well, It wouldn't be the first time Halo was a game changer.
---
*Opposing Pokemon leans in to your Pokemon*
"Your mom was a slutty Ditto, you have over 100 siblings with 6 different dads"
#25leatheljPosted 7/3/2014 9:28:40 PM
Even tho I grew up with halo 2 it seems the fan base is anti innovation and will calm any thing new in halo cod. They want a stagenent never changeing never evolveing game. Rinse and repeat that's apparently all they want : /. No halo can ever be better then halo 2 cause it's apparently end all be all and if another halo game is not like it it's automatically labeled trash and cod. And if it's not made by bungie it's automaticity trash.
---
Every one has there own opinions unless theirs is stupid.
#26aj4x94Posted 7/3/2014 9:31:36 PM
1. Battle Rifle
2. Plasma pistol + Magnum/needler
3. Shotgun was still awesome with 12 shell capacity.
---
Playing: Skyrim, Half Life 2, Dark Souls 1&2, Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD, System Shock 2, Borderlands 2
PSN: T-Snake94, XBL: T-Snake 94, Steam ID: T_Snake94
#27LooksLikeRainPosted 7/3/2014 9:42:43 PM
Level design is unique, dynamic, and beautiful.

Gameplay was balanced.

Great potential for epic situations. Flying in with a warthog to pick up the flag carrier just in the nick of time felt so good.

Halo perfected having vehicles in area style combat.

Having and executing a strategy successfully felt great.

Everyone started with the same weapons, which added another level of strategy to the game. You had to decide which power weapons to get first, and you had to do your best to not lose them.

Kills felt rewarding. To me, CoD feels like a reaction time test, whoever sees who first wins. When you kill someone in halo, it feels like you earned it. I rarely felt cheated when I died in Halo, unlike when I unload into an enemy only to be knifed.

Melees, unless you're behind someone, are not one hit kills. You have a chance to defend yourself.

It just feels like there's more of an opportunity to hone your skills and outplay your opponent. Having a BR duel with somebody felt like more of a competition.

I could go on forever.
---
Hatred outlives the hateful.
#28Millertime660Posted 7/3/2014 9:52:22 PM
Yeah.... lets not forget about Halo 2's True Skill rank system. Easily the best competetive ranking system ever.
#29LooksLikeRainPosted 7/3/2014 10:02:23 PM
Millertime660 posted...
Yeah.... lets not forget about Halo 2's True Skill rank system. Easily the best competetive ranking system ever.

Definitely. I hope they bring something like that back.
---
Hatred outlives the hateful.
#30Millertime660Posted 7/3/2014 10:25:18 PM(edited)
LooksLikeRain posted...
Millertime660 posted...

Definitely. I hope they bring something like that back.

They have hinted that the entire MP experience will not let fans of the true skill system down!! WIN

Edit: more people should have adopted this instead of the pointless COD leveling system.