what's so great about Halo 2 multiplayer?

#31newsuperdudePosted 7/3/2014 10:31:57 PM
Really, going back to Halo 2 recently, it doesn't hold up that well. There have been better Halo games since then. People just have a lot of nostalgia for it because at the time Halo was the only big console FPS and it was one of the first console games with online multiplayer that a lot of poo people played. I have tons of nostalgia for Halo 2, but when I go back and play it, all of the guns are s*** and it's not as good as 3 or Reach.
---
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v723/AJSadler/superdude-2.jpg
http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u45/Speeddemon1414/Set5/superdude10294.jpg
#32POPSHU_FRUITCHUPosted 7/3/2014 10:40:54 PM
newsuperdude posted...
Really, going back to Halo 2 recently, it doesn't hold up that well. There have been better Halo games since then. People just have a lot of nostalgia for it because at the time Halo was the only big console FPS and it was one of the first console games with online multiplayer that a lot of poo people played. I have tons of nostalgia for Halo 2, but when I go back and play it, all of the guns are s*** and it's not as good as 3 or Reach.

I thought the servers were down? Do you have a broke in version?
---
*Opposing Pokemon leans in to your Pokemon*
"Your mom was a slutty Ditto, you have over 100 siblings with 6 different dads"
#33PibugoPosted 7/3/2014 10:42:46 PM
Aww, I had an absolute blast with Halo 2, whether it came to campaign, co-operative campaign, split screen with friends or multiplayer. Just curious, who else were there when the Xbox's games' online capability were removed, and who else were playing Halo 2 at that time? (raises hand :D)

But I disagree with Halo 3 being inferior to 2. CE was great, but Halo 2 & 3 were equally fun (I could say Halo 2 was more enjoyable, but I admit that'd be mostly just nostalgia, honestly)
For me, the Halo that kinda got me out of the series was Reach. I just didn't like the multiplayer, at all. (I did like the campaign, forging, custom modes and especially Firefight, but the matchmaking experience itself never really caught me)
---
The stuff I do/post isn't 100% BS -VeghEsther
#34newsuperdudePosted 7/3/2014 10:45:23 PM
POPSHU_FRUITCHU posted...
newsuperdude posted...

I thought the servers were down? Do you have a broke in version?

They are, but I can still play split screen.
---
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v723/AJSadler/superdude-2.jpg
http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u45/Speeddemon1414/Set5/superdude10294.jpg
#35VoidBeyondPosted 7/3/2014 10:53:08 PM
MicrosoftLover posted...
crucial posted...
IMO its the best mp game on a console of all time,it's fast paced,balanced,great maps some of the best ever,great weapons and just fun that takes some skill,its much better then 1 and 3 when it comes to mp and it had a cool SP campaign as well which makes it that much better,most people bought a OG xbox just for that game like me,I was all about PS2 back then but this game alone made me a non fanboy overnight.

This.

You can also change your character's colors. I chose pink and destroyed EVERYONE!

It's not pink, it's lightish red.
---
GT: CynicalRaptor26//PSN: DuodecimKnight//Steam: Soontowait
FC: 2981-6641-9175//NNID: RaptorCats//Origin: SecondcityTakk
#36POPSHU_FRUITCHUPosted 7/3/2014 11:05:26 PM
VoidBeyond posted...
MicrosoftLover posted...
crucial posted...
IMO its the best mp game on a console of all time,it's fast paced,balanced,great maps some of the best ever,great weapons and just fun that takes some skill,its much better then 1 and 3 when it comes to mp and it had a cool SP campaign as well which makes it that much better,most people bought a OG xbox just for that game like me,I was all about PS2 back then but this game alone made me a non fanboy overnight.

This.

You can also change your character's colors. I chose pink and destroyed EVERYONE!

It's not pink, it's lightish red.

Hehe, rvb is awesome!
---
*Opposing Pokemon leans in to your Pokemon*
"Your mom was a slutty Ditto, you have over 100 siblings with 6 different dads"
#37_Doomguy_Posted 7/3/2014 11:48:43 PM
AgentLocke posted...
_Doomguy_ posted...
Nothing, people are just blinded by nostalgia.

And your blinded by your need to be a hater. I remember damn well why halo 2 is so good. It's been said over and over on every video game forum on the Internet, I'm not gonna waist my breath explaining it. Keep being a hater tho.

I bought an Xbox 360 just for Halo 3 ok ya i'm a hater....
---
Rip and tear! Rip and tear your guts! You are huge! That means you have huge guts! Rip and tear!
#38Millertime660Posted 7/3/2014 11:50:27 PM
_Doomguy_ posted...
AgentLocke posted...
_Doomguy_ posted...
Nothing, people are just blinded by nostalgia.

And your blinded by your need to be a hater. I remember damn well why halo 2 is so good. It's been said over and over on every video game forum on the Internet, I'm not gonna waist my breath explaining it. Keep being a hater tho.

I bought an Xbox 360 just for Halo 3 ok ya i'm a hater....

Its official! We have proof!
#39redeyes6778Posted 7/4/2014 12:13:49 AM
Does the MCC have multi player for each Halo? I thought it was just the singleplayer campaigns for 1-3 and the multi player would be halo 4 only
#40Millertime660Posted 7/4/2014 12:14:57 AM
All multiplayers mashed into one interface. 100+ maps